The cute and capable Suzuki Jimny is back! Now into its fourth-generation model, this four-wheel drive, mini off-roader has retro styling with a boxy design. It is a perfect cross between the Mercedes-Benz G-Class and Land Rover Defender.
The Jimny Sierra is the wider of two versions available. A 1.5-litre naturally aspirated engine powers it with 100 hp and 130 Nm on tap. It is mated to a 4-speed automatic which sends power to all four wheels. Jimny Sierra can be easily maneuvered around tight spaces with its minimum turning radius of 4.9m.
It also encompasses:
- Clamshell bonnet,
- X-Lumbar integrated in the underbody,
- And, taillights positioned low on the rear bumper.
Its front doors can swing open to a maximum angle of 70 degrees to allow easy and egress while its rear hatch lifts to reveal a load opening of up to 1030mm wide and 850mm high. Moreover, both its rear seats folds down to free up more cargo space, if needed.
Whether you are driving along the highway or traversing a muddy trail, the Jimny Sierra is as safe as can be. It is largely due to its;
- Four-wheel ABS with EBD and brake assist,
- Brake LSD Traction Control (4 WD – L)
- And, active and passive safety features including six airbags, hill hold control and hill descent control.
Here are additional features of the Jimny Sierra 1.5 JL:
- Rough-and-tough 15-inch steel wheels,
- High-mount LED brake light,
- High beam assist,
- Hard-wearing urethane steering wheel,
- Electrically retractable side mirrors, two 12V accessory sockets,
- Left and right independent recline rear seatbacks,
- And, keyless entry and push start system, side under the mirror.