Now into its second generation, with facelift done, However it bases the Toyota Sienta Hybrid on the Vitz hatchback. The name “Sienta” is derive from the Spanish word “siete”. As which means “seven” (alluding to its maximum passenger capacity) and the English word “entertain”.
When it comes to compact, hybrid MPVs, the Sienta Hybrid is one of the best around. One of its key features is the power sliding doors (with pinch-prevention function) which enable easy entry and egress for the second and third-row passengers and at 1.675 m tall, as the Sienta easily accommodates taller occupants. All glass areas are treatting with UV Cut so the sun’s harmful rays are blocked.
Propelled by a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder DOHC engine with 72 hp and 111 Nm mated to an E-CVT gearbox. The Sienta Hybrid is further assisted by an electric motor/battery combo. The resultant total maximum torque of 169 Nm makes it extremely fuel-efficient.
Key components of the exterior are
- the unique hybrid emblems, aero stabilising fins at the front and rear
- air spats
- projector headlights and LED taillights while they equip the versatile cabin with rear air-conditioning
- Smart Entry and Start
- hybrid system indicator
- mode switch (eco-drive and EV drive) and Toyota Telematics System.
They can adjust the seating configuration in a myriad of ways. And if it folds down the rear seatbacks, the subsequent cargo space is flat (dive-in storage function).
Our variant is the Sienta 1.5G Hybrid and as it comes with the following standard features
- Toyota Safety Sense,
- auto electric retractable door mirrors with remote control,
- Optitron driver’s instrument gauges,
- 4.2-inch multi-information display with rear seat reminder,
- leather and satin chrome steering wheel,
- leather gear knob with satin chrome shift bezel and premium fabric upholstery.