Arriving as the entry-level in the German brand’s electric range, the new Porsche Taycan exhibits striking proportions, timeless and distinguished design all wrapped up in a sleek Jet Black Metallic. This four-door coupé styled sports saloon is packed with top-notch technology features and an upgraded battery underneath, begging to be driven.
Its excellent battery pack delivers a power output of 380 PS and 357 Nm of torque, partnered with an impressive cable power-charging. Its rocketship-like takeoff takes 5.4 seconds to reach 100km/h from standstill before hitting its top speed of 250 km/h. The Taycan exhibits a minimalist style with its Porsche Communication Management (PCM) which supports real-time navigation through Apple Carplay.
With maximum driving experience matched with practicality, the new Porsche Taycan remains true to what Porsche is all about – quality and luxury.
Special Features of the Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)
The partial leather interior enhances the grand design of the Porsche Taycan, such as the ‘Taycan’ badge on the centre console.
It also features a smooth-finish leather Black surface of the leather seats that increases their comfort level, while its pleasing ambience makes this car a real Porsche.
Multifunction Steering Wheel
Experience motorsport at your fingertips with the Porsche Taycan’s multifunction steering wheel. It features the gearshift paddles to enable fast, sporty, and ergonomic gear changes.
There are also additional multifunction controls for telephone, radio, and onboard computer outputs to easily access such functions without the need to take your hands off the wheel.
Panoramic Fixed Glass Roof
Showcasing high-end technology, the new Panoramic Fixed Glass Roof provides a great view of the sky while focusing on what lies ahead.
This glass roof enables you to enjoy a great panoramic view but keeps you well protected from the heat elements simultaneously as it comes with a roll-up blind which shields you from strong sunlight.
It also boasts a modern, open look and gives the interior light.
LED Matrix Main Headlights including PDLS Plus
Porsche now expands your field of view, particularly at night, by using the latest light technology.
Through the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PLDS), the LED matrix main headlights intelligently became active assistants, ensuring your safety at any time of day and in any weather condition.
No more fumbling with keys, the KEYLESS-start feature allows you to unlock your Taycan’s doors and even start the engine with just a push of a button.
With the key close to you, the system automatically reads the key’s encrypted access code. Upon validating the code, it will electrically unlock the doors, and you’re ready to go.
Sport Chrono Package
The Sport Chrono Package boosts the electric sedan’s primary strength and endurance while also including innovative features such as a mode switch.
With the press of a button, the engine and transmission rotate for about 20 seconds, unleashing a massive amount of power to ensure maximum speed and response.
Analogue and digital stopwatches, Performance Start, and Performance Displays are also included.
Interior of the Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)
Sport Chrono Stopwatch
As part of the Sport Chrono Package, the digital and analogue stopwatch instrument dial integrated onboard serves as a performance indicator.
It delivers the information to the PCM to display, save, and evaluate circuit times and times of alternative routes and improves driving stability.
The Sport Chrono Package includes the Porsche Track Precision App for measuring lap times and driving data.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Get the most of your time navigating behind the Porsche Taycan wheels courtesy of the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) paired with a high-resolution touch display.
It includes an online navigation module, mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces, and a voice control system.
This feature also allows you to access smartphone apps easily, make phone calls, send messages, and stream music without causing any distraction on the road.
Comfortable Adaptive Sports Seats in Front
Experience driving comfort to a whole new level with the comfort memory package, which provides fore-and-aft, height and squab, and backrest angle setting.
Such 18-way electric comfort seat configurations offer generous seating comfort for both seats in the front and store individual sitting configuration and steering wheels and mirror preferences.
Front and Rear Seat Heating
The best driving experience is to have a decent heated seat during the cool summer nights.
With front and rear seat heating, the Porsche Taycan keeps you warm when the temperature drops, guaranteeing a high level of comfort and prevents cramped posture.
The heated front and rear seats provide luxury comfort, relaxation, physical health benefits, and improved safety.
4-zone Advanced Climate Control
The four-zone advanced climate control system includes individual temperature controls for the driver and front passenger, as well as separate controls for each rear seat.
The driver and passengers can set the temperature, climate style, and air distribution spending based on their personal preferences.
BOSE Surround Sound System
Developed to provide a superior audio experience, the BOSE Surround Sound System increases entertainment and pleasure in any adventure you take.
It features 12 fully active loudspeakers and a patented 100-watt active subwoofer, optimally tuned to fit the sports car’s interior acoustics.
Exterior of the Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)
21-inch Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels
The undeniable visual punch of the Porsche Taycan comes from the 21-inch Turbo wheels, designed to be aerodynamic, which helps boost the vehicle’s range.
Behind the wheels are the red brake callipers fastened down on steel brakes.
LED Light Strip
One of the standard yet distinctive features of the Porsche Taycan is the flawless light strip sitting between the three-dimensional taillights.
The state-of-the-art LED technology illuminates both the light strip and taillights, making sure that the Porsche Taycan is noticeable even at night.
Taillight strip is visible in the “PORSCHE ” lettering, in the integral parking lights, and rear driving lights.
ParkAssist including Surround View
Park like a pro and prevent unnecessary manoeuvring accidents with the ParkAssist feature, which offers audible alerts and a visual warning on the central display.
It also includes a 360° surround-view provided by four high-resolution cameras to make it easier to manoeuvre.
Automatically reducing the light glare from the vehicle behind you, the auto-dimming mirrors installed in the Porsche Taycan serve as a safety feature, especially at night when a vehicle comes with a bright headlight.
When charged by an electrical current, the electrochromic material changes the colour of the mirrors, automatically dimming when an intense light source is detected.
A head-up display can project a floating image of the information, useful while driving directly ahead of the windscreen.
The head-up display will project everything from speed and cruise control settings to directions and speed limits directly into the driver’s view.
Electric-folding Exterior Mirrors
Conveniently adjust your exterior mirrors without needing to leave your seats with its incorporated electric folding feature.
It allows you to fold and tilt your exterior door mirrors when caught in tight spaces, preventing any housing damage.
Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic) Specifications
- Exterior Colour – Jet Black Metallic
- Interior Colour – Leather Interior, Smooth-Finish Leather, Black
- SportDesign Sideskirts
- Electric folding Exterior Mirrors
- Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
- ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights
- Deletion of Model Designation
- Transmission / Chassis
- 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axel
- Porsche Electric Sport Sound
- Performance Battery Plus
- Adaptive Air Suspension including
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Sport Chrono Package
- Power Steering Plus
- Wheels – 21-inch Taycan Exclusive Design Wheels
- Wheel Accessories – Tyre Sealing Compound and Electric Air Compressor
- Lighting and Vision
- LED Matrix Main Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
- Panoramic Roof, fixed
- Comfort and Assistance Systems
- Head-Up Display
- Lane Change Assist
- ParkAssist including Surround View
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Comfort Access
- Advanced Climate Control (4-Zone)
- 4 + 1 Seats
- Ambient Lighting
- Adaptive Sports Seats in Front (18-Way, Electric) with Memory Package
- Seat Heating (front and rear)
- Steering Wheel Heating (i.c.w. SportChrono Package and Leather Interior)
- Storage Package
- Interior Carbon
- Carbon matt Interior Package
- Door Sill Guards Carbon matt, illuminated
- Audio and Communication
- Passenger Display
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- Electric Charging Cover
- On-Board DC-Charger with 150kW
- Mobile Charger Connect
- Power unit
- Maximum power (kW)
- Maximum power (PS)
- Overboost maximum power with Launch Control (kW)
- Overboost maximum power with Launch Control (PS)
- Maximum torque with Launch Control
- Battery capacity (gross) – 93.4 kWh
- Battery capacity (net useable) – 83.7 kWh
- Maximum charging power with direct current (DC) – 270kW
- Charging time (AC) at 9.6kW (0 to up to 100%) – 10.5 h
- Charging time (AC) at 11kW (0 – 100%) – 9.0 h
- Charging time (DC) at 50kW (5 – 80%) – 93.0 min
- Charging time (DC) at 270kW (5 – 80%) – 22.5 min
- Body dimensions and weights
- Length – 4,963 mm
- Width (with mirrors folded) – 1,966 mm
- Width (without mirrors folded) – 2,144 mm
- Height – 1,394 mm
- Wheelbase – 2,900 mm
- Unladen weight (DIN) – 2,900 mm
- Unladen weight (EU) – 2,205 kg
- Permissible gross weight – 2,795 kg
- Maximum load – 2,795 kg
- Maximum permissible roof load with Porsche roof transport system – 75 kg
- Luggage compartment volume, front – 84 l
- Luggage compartment volume, rear – 407 l
- Top speed – 230 km/h
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h with Launch Control – 5.4 s
- Acceleration 0 – 160 km/h with Launch Control – 11.0 s
- Acceleration 0 – 200 km/h with Launch Control – 16.5 s
- Acceleration (80 – 120km/h) – 2.7s
- Power unit
- Permanent Magnet Synchronous (PSM) motor on the rear axle
- 2-speed automatic transmission
- Porsche Recuperation Management (PRM)
- Sport Mode for the activation of dynamic performance settings including Launch Control
- Range Mode for the activation of efficiency-orientated settings
- Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
- Aluminium double-wishbone front axle
- Aluminium multi-link rear axle
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) vehicle stability system with ABS and extended brake functions
- Integrated Porsche 4D chassis control
- Steel coil spring suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Power steering
- Tyre pressure monitoring (TPM)
- 19-inch Taycan Aero wheels
- Wheel centres with monochrome Porsche Crest
- Internally vented brake cast iron discs with 360 mm at front and 358 mm at rear
- 6-piston aluminium monobloc fixed brake calipers at front
- 4-piston aluminium monobloc fixed brake calipers at rear
- Brake calipers in black
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electric parking brake
- Brake pad wear indicator
- Auto hold function
- Multi-collision brake
- Fully galvanised steel/aluminium hybrid lightweight bodyshell
- Bonnet, tailgate, doors, side sections, and front wings in aluminium
- Roof in aluminium, contoured design with dynamic recess profile
- Full surface aerodynamic underbody panelling
- Upper valance with vertical air intakes (air curtain)
- Lower valance in black
- Auto-deploying door handles
- Side window trims in black
- Door sill guards in black
- Sideskirts in black
- Exterior mirror lower trims including mirror base in black
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) with active air intake flaps and adaptive rear spoiler
- Rear diffuser with louvered design in black
- ‘PORSCHE’ logo in glass look integrated into rear light strip
- Model designation on tailgate in silver colour
- Lighting and visibility
- LED headlights
- 4-point LED daytime running lights
- Automatic headlight activation including ‘Welcome Home’ lighting
- Light strip
- Third brake light
- LED interior lighting concept: Switch-off delay, front interior lighting with reading spotlights, reading lights in rear left and right, footwell illumination front and rear, luggage compartment lights front and rear, glove compartment light
- Illuminated vanity mirrors for driver and front passenger
- Electrically adjustable and heated exterior mirrors, aspherical on driver’s side
- Windscreen wiper system including rain sensor and washer jets
- Heated rear screen with auto-off function
- Air conditioning and glazing
- Advanced climate control (2-zone) with separate temperature settings and air volume control for driver and front passenger, extended footwell temperature control, automatic air-recirculation mode including air quality sensor as well as comfortable control of air flow vis PCM
- Parking Pre-climatisation including pre-conditioning of the battery
- Thermally insulated glass all round
- Active carbon fine dust filter keeps particles, pollen and odours away and thoroughly filters fine dust from the outside air before it can enter the interior
- Heat pump
- Comfort front seats (8-way electric)
- Integrated front headrests
- Rear seats with 2 seats in single-seat look, fold-out centre armrest and split-folding backrests (60:40)
- Heated front seats
- Safety and security
- Active bonnet system
- Doors with integrated side impact protection
- Bumpers comprising high-strength cross members and two deformation elements each with two threaded fixture points for towing eye contained in the on-board tool kit
- Full-size airbags for driver and front passenger
- Knee airbags for driver and front passenger
- Side airbags in front
- Curtain airbags along entire roof frame and side windows from A-pillar to C-pillar
- Roll-over detection for activation of curtain airbags and seat belt pre-tensioners
- 3-point automatic seat belts with pre-tensioners (front and outer rear seats) and force limiters (front)
- Manual adjustment of seat belt height for the driver and front passenger seats
- Seat belt warning system for driver, front passenger and rear seat system
- Immobiliser with remote central locking, alarm system with radar-based interior surveillance
- ISOFIX mounting system for child seats on outer rear seats
- Porsche Vehicle Tracking System Plus (PVTS Plus). Subscription required, please speak to your centre for more information on services and inclusive periods
- Assistance systems
- Lane Keeping Assist including Traffic Sign Recognition
- Cruise control including adaptive speed limiter
- Collision and brake assist
- ParkAssist (front and rear) with visual and audible warning
- Keyless start
- Driver personalization for ergonomic, comfort, infotainment, and lighting functions as well as assistance and display systems
- 16.8-inch Curved Display: Contains up to five different and freely configurable views, depending on equipment. Includes external touchscreen control panels for controlling the light and chassis functions
- Centre Console with Direct Touch Control: climate settings, opening and closing of the charge port doors, battery level indicator, handwriting panel
- Partial leather interior
- ‘Taycan’ badge on the centre console
- Accent package in black
- Fabric roof lining
- Multi-function sports steering wheel in leather
- Front centre console armrest with integrated storage compartment
- Floor mats
- Sun visors for the driver and front passenger
- Audio and communication
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including online navigation, mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control
- Porsche Connect with Apple® CarPlay (including wireless CarPlay). Connect services subject to a subscription after the initial period.
- 2 USB-C connectivity and charge ports in the centre console storage compartment
- Wireless phone charging in a centre console storage compartment
- 2 USB-C charge ports in the rear
- Sound Package Plus with 10 Speakers and a total output of 150 watts
- Digital radio
- Luggage compartment and storage
- Luggage compartment at front and rear
- Power boot lid
- Boot lid button
- Storage compartments: Glove compartment, front centre console, between outer rear seats, doors front and rear, sides of the rear luggage compartment, and luggage compartment recess
- 12V electrical socket in the centre console storage compartment
- 12V electrical socket in the rear luggage compartment
- Two integrated cupholders, front, and rear
- Clothes hook on B-pillars on driver’s and passenger’s sides
- Charge port on the driver (AC Type 2) and front passenger sides (AC/DC Type 2 CCS Combo)
- 11kW AC on-board charger
- 50kW DC on-board charger for use of public charging stations with a voltage of 400V
- DC charging at public charging stations with a voltage of 800V
- Supply cable for a domestic electrical socket
- Supply cable for an industrial electrical outlet (230V, 32A)
- Mobile Charger Plus with 4.5m vehicle side cable
Technical Data of the Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)
|Engine||Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors|
|Max Output||380 PS (280 kW)|
|Overboost||476 PS (350 kW)|
|Max Torque||357 Nm|
|Acceleration||5.4 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||250 km/h|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,963 mm x 2,144 mm x 1,395 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity|
variant of the porsche taycan
360 Tour of the new Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)
Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic) Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)!
“The 2021 Porsche Taycan (pronounced tie-kahn) is a truly innovative electric vehicle, showcasing the high-performance potential of the species.”
Read the full review by Caranddriver
“The Taycan can absolutely entertain on the right road and is a delight to cruise in – a GT with the heart of a sports car. “
Read the full review by Topgear
“The Porsche Taycan is a seriously fast, seriously luxurious four-seater sports car that’s packed with tech, comfy to drive and better than a Tesla Model S in the corners.”
Read the full review by Carwow
“The Porsche Taycan is arguably the most desirable electric car on the planet”
Read the full review by Autoexpress
Video Reviews of the new Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)
Here’s Why the 2020 Porsche Taycan Is the Best Modern Porsche
2020 Porsche Taycan | Review & Road Test
Porsche Taycan Review: Electrifying performance | CarGurus
Porsche Taycan In-Depth Review – The ULTIMATE Electric Sports Car
History of Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)
The Porsche Taycan is an all-electric vehicle produced by the German automaker Porsche. The Porsche Mission E concept version of the Taycan debuted at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. At the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show, the Taycan was unveiled in full production form.
As Porsche’s first series production electric vehicle, it is available in a variety of variants with varying performance levels, and future models may include additional derivatives. More than 20,000 Taycans were delivered in 2020, the model’s first year on the market, accounting for 7.4 percent of total Porsche volume.
Its body is primarily made of steel and aluminium, which are joined together using various bonding techniques. The B pillars, side roof frame, and seat cross member of the body are produced of hot-formed steel, while the bulkhead cross member is formed of boron steel for added safety. To save weight, the shock absorber mounts, axle mounts, and rear side members are all forged aluminium, as are all body panels except the front and rear bumpers.
The Taycan has a new all-wheel-drive battery-electric drivetrain with a permanent-magnet synchronous motor on each axle. Power is transmitted to the wheels at the front via a single-speed gearbox (8.05:1 gear ratio), and at the rear via a two-speed transmission and a limited-slip differential.
The Taycan was available as a saloon and an estate model called the Taycan Cross Turismo. A high-performance AWD Turbo and Turbo S models were also introduced at the start. In October 2019, the Taycan 4S, a mid-range AWD model with two battery sizes, was added. The base RWD model was first announced in July 2020 for China, and then in January 2021 for Europe and the United States.
With a top-notch layout and best handling car, the Taycan is indeed the most famous and leading electric car available in the market – opening the opportunity for all to avail a fast car at a very affordable price. The Taycan has a worldwide market, but China remains its largest market for five years in a row, while its market also stays active in Canada.
Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic) FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic) have?
The Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic) has a four seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic) have?
The Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic) has a maximum output of 380 PS and 357 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 5.4 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 250 km/h.
Where can I view the Porsche Taycan (Jet Black Metallic)?