There’s been loads of buzz around the arrival of the new generation Porsche Cayenne and rightfully so, given its high reputation, both for its powerful engine as well as impressive handling. Known for its dynamic performance, this sporty SUV glides on the road so gracefully, it’s almost like a fish in the water.
Encouraging every driver’s sporty pursuits, this five-seater SUV carries a 3.0-litre V6 turbocharged engine mated to an 8-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission that offers smooth handling and gear shifting. It pumps out a remarkable 335 hp and 450 Nm of torque, reaching a top speed of 245 km/h and accelerating from 0-100 km/h in 6.2 seconds.
The latest Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) continues to prove its sporty SUV prestige on the road. Now add a bunch of Porsche badges, and it’s even harder not to like it.
Special Features of the Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Experience the best time behind the wheel with the PCM system, which offers you various technological features that increase fun and entertainment while driving.
It features a high-resolution touch display that connects to the navigation via Apple Carplay. With it, you can make phone calls, send messages, stream music, check vehicle diagnostics and access smartphone apps.
Multifunction Steering Wheel
Experience motorsport at the touch of a button with the Porsche Cayenne multifunction steering wheel. This steering wheel features shift paddles for fast, sporty and ergonomic gear changes.
There are also additional multifunction controls for the telephone, radio and onboard computer, giving you convenient access to these functions without having to take your hands off the steering wheel.
14-way Comfort Seats with Memory Package
Experience ride comfort at a whole new level with 14-way comfort seats with a memory package that adjusts fore/aft, height and tilt, as well as backrest angle.
Such comfort seat configurations offer generous seating comfort for both front seats and individual seat configurations in the store and steering wheel and mirror preferences.
Powerful Set of Wheels
The sporty Cayenne, which conveys a solid impression and dynamic performance at every turn, carries the Porsche DNA in the form of a unique set of wheels.
It is available with 21-inch Cayenne Exclusive Design wheels in Satin Platinum with wheel arch extensions in exterior colour.
LED Headlights with PDLS Plus
Ensure safe driving with Porsche’s latest lighting technology that expands your field of vision, especially at night. The Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) adjusts light intensity and range depending on your surroundings.
Porsche Entry & Drive
Get into this sporty SUV without taking out the key and activate the engine at the touch of a button with Porsche’s new Entry & Drive function. The system reads the encrypted code to unlock the doors and the boot lid.
Interior of the Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)
Stylish and High-class Interior
The interior of the Porsche Cayenne is purist, exciting and straightforward, with comfort and sportiness paired with practicality.
It consists of black partial leather, a high-resolution 12.3-inch touchscreen display and 14-way electrically adjustable comfort front seats with a memory package.
Front Heated Seat
The best driving experience is to have a decent heated seat during the cool summer nights.
With Front Seat Heating, the Porsche Cayenne keeps you warm when the temperature drops, guaranteeing a high level of comfort and preventing cramped posture.
The heated front seats provide luxury comfort, relaxation, physical health benefits and improved safety.
Featuring a high-gloss Black interior package, the new Cayenne features a rear bench seat with two comfort outer seats and a separate 40:20:40 folding seat function.
This bench seat also sports a folding centre armrest with two cupholders and seating adjustments such as manual fore/aft and backrest adjustment.
Sport Chrono Package
The Sport Chrono Package enhances the Cayenne’s primary power and endurance, and also offers innovative features such as SPORT.
When you press this button, the engine and transmission spin for about 20 seconds, unleashing a massive amount of power for maximum speed and response.
Analogue and digital stopwatches, performance start and performance displays are also on the list.
BOSE Surround Sound-System
With the BOSE Surround Sound System, the audio quality and dynamics of the compressed format are even better. Enjoy a long or short drive with this innovative sound system that envelops all around the cabin.
Accentuate the interior with targeted lighting accents and add colour to your ride with Porsche’s adjustable coloured ambient lighting. You can choose from a variety of colours to perfectly match your mood.
This feature not only creates a visually appealing ambience in your car but also enhances spatial perception, making the vehicle stand out more at night.
Exterior of the Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)
With its dynamic exterior design, the new Cayenne brings team spirit to the world of sports cars. It expresses its unique heritage with strongly accentuated front wings, a bonnet with power domes, and characteristic three-part air intakes.
The aggressive 21-inch Cayenne Exclusive Design wheels in Satin Platinum including wheel arch extensions in exterior colour complete its already athletic appearance.
You can pack just about anything into the Cayenne’s large trunk. One of the conveniences it offers is the electric tailgate.
This automatic tailgate opens and closes at the touch of a button, and its height can be individually adjusted as standard.
Twin Single-tube Tailpipes
The unmistakable Porsche DNA continues at the rear profile, with the two single-pipe tailpipes on the left and right outside in brushed stainless steel.
They complete the Cayenne’s motorsport personality with their powerful acoustics and unique esthetics, perfectly matched to the exterior colour.
Panoramic Roof System
The Cayenne’s panoramic roof comes with a decent one square meter in size that allows you to enjoy a magnificent view of the sky even when the roof is closed.
Its slides open so you can enjoy the view from above and includes a roller blind to protect you from strong sunlight.
ParkAssist includes Surround View
Park like a pro and avoid unnecessary accidents when manoeuvring with the ParkAssist front and rear feature, which provides audible warnings and a visual alert on the central display.
The function also offers 360° all-round visibility provided by four high-resolution cameras to make manoeuvring easier.
Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) Specifications
- Exterior Colour – Quarzite Grey Metallic
- Interior Colour – Partial leather interior in standard colour, Black
- Panoramic roof system
- Side window trims in Black (high-gloss)
- Electrically extending towbar system
- Drive train / Chassis
- 8-speed Tiptronic S
- Steel spring suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Sports tailpipes in black
- Power steering Plus
- Comfort and Assistance – Porsche Entry and Drive
- Wheels – 21-inch Cayenne Exclusive Design wheels in Satin Platinum including wheel arch extensions in exterior colour
- Lighting and Vision – LED Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- Heated windscreen
- Comfort seats in front (14-way, electric) with memory package
- Heated steering wheel
- Smoking package
- Audio and Communication – BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Power unit
- Engine layout – Front engine
- Configuration / number of cylinders – V6
- Displacement – 2,995 cm3
- Power (kW) – 250 kW
- Power (PS) – 340 PS
- Maximum power at RPM range – 5,300 – 6,400 1/min
- Max. torque (Nm) – 450 Nm
- Maximum torque at RPM range – 1,340 – 5,300 1/min
- Body dimensions and weights
- Length – 4,918 mm
- Width (with mirrors folded) 1,983 mm
- Width (without mirrors folded) 2,194 mm
- Height 1,696 mm
- Driveline layout – Active all-wheel drive
- Automatic transmission – 8-speed Tiptronic S
- Chassis and suspension
- Front axle – Aluminium multi-link front suspension
- Rear-axle – Aluminium multi-link rear suspension
- Brakes – 4-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the front, 2-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the rear, disc brakes internally ventilated, disc brake diameter front 350 mm, rear 330 mm
- Stability systems – Driving stability system Porsche Stability Management (PSM) with ABS, ASR, ABD, MSR and trailer stabilisation
- Traction control – Porsche Traction Management (PTM): active all-wheel drive with electronically regulated, map-controlled multi-plate clutch as well as automatic braking differential (ABD) and drive slip control (ASR)
- Luggage compartment volume (with seats folded) – 1,710 litres
- Luggage compartment volume – 770 litres
- Fuel tank – 90 litre
- Wheelbase – 2,895 mm
- Unladen weight (DIN) – 1,985 kg
- Unladen weight (EC) – 2,060 kg
- Permissible gross weight – 2,830 kg
- Maximum payload – 845 kg
- Top speed – 245 km/h
- Acceleration 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) – 6.2 s
- Acceleration 0-99 mph (0-160 km/h) – 14.1 s
- Acceleration 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) with Sport Chrono Package – 5.9 secs
- In-gear acceleration 49-74 mph (80-120 km/h) – 14.1 s
- Terrain features
- Wading depth (steel suspension) – 500 mm
- Wading depth (air suspension, off-road ride height) – 530 mm
- Slope angle, front/rear (steel suspension) – 25.2 – 22.1 °
- Slope angle, front/rear (air suspension, off-road ride height) – 27.5 – 24.4 °
- Ramp break over angle (steel suspension) -18.7 °
- Ramp break-over angle (air suspension, highest level) – 21.3 °
- Max. ground clearance (steel suspension) – 210 mm
- Max. ground clearance (air suspension, normal level) – 190 mm
- Max. ground clearance (air suspension, off-road ride height) – 245 mm
- Active bonnet
- Power tailgate
- Fully galvanised steel-aluminium-hybrid lightweight bodyshell
- Four doors with integrated side-impact protection
- Engine bonnet, tailgate, doors, side sections, roof and front wings in aluminium
- Bumpers comprising high-strength cross members and two deformation elements each with two threaded fixture points for towing eye contained in the on-board tool kit
- Door handles painted in exterior colour
- Tailgate with integrated roof spoiler in exterior colour
- Extensive, aerodynamic underbody protection
- Front end with integrated air intakes and airblades inside air intakes
- Air curtains in the wheel arches
- Inlays in air intake slats in Rhodium Silver
- Twin single-tube tailpipes outside left and right in brushed stainless steel
- ‘PORSCHE’ lettering integrated into taillight strip
- Silver coloured model designation on the tailgate
- Preparation for towbar systems
- Sideskirts in black plastic
- Drivetrain and Chassis
- 8-speed Tiptronic S transmission with Auto Start-Stop and coasting function
- 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 engine
- Direct fuel injection (Direct Fuel Injection, DFI) with central injector position
- Aluminium multi-link front axle
- 4-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the front
- Aluminium multi-link rear axle
- Steel spring suspension
- Twin-scroll turbocharger
- Gasoline particulate filter (GPF)
- Charge-air cooling
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): active all-wheel drive with an electronically variable, map-controlled multi-plate clutch, automatic brake differential (ABD) and anti-slip regulation (ASR)
- Aluminium cylinder head
- Aluminium engine block
- Water-cooled with thermal management
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- 2-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the rear
- Electrical system alternator recuperation
- Power steering
- Active air intake flaps
- Brake discs with a diameter of 350 mm at the front, 330 mm at the rear, internally vented
- Vehicle stability system Porsche Stability Management (PSM) with Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Anti-slip Regulation (ASR), automatic Brake Differential (ABD), engine drag torque control (MSR) and trailer stability management. Cayenne E-Hybrid models with expanded PSM SPORT mode
- VarioCam Plus
- 90-litre fuel tank
- Sport mode
- Brake callipers in Black
- Individual mode for individual selection of vehicle drive settings
- Brake pad wear indicator
- Automatic hold function
- Porsche Hill Control (PHC)
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Multi-collision brake
- 19-inch Cayenne wheels
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPM)
- Lights and vision
- LED headlights
- Four-point LED daytime running lights
- Front light units with position lights and direction indicators with LED light guide technology
- Automatic headlight activation incl. ‘Welcome Home’ lighting
- High-level third brake light (LED) integrated into the roof spoiler
- LED taillights with three-dimensional lighting graphics, integrated four-point brake lights and light strip
- LED interior lighting concept: switch-off delay, footwell illumination front and rear, ashtray illumination, glove compartment illumination, ignition lock illumination, front light console (overhead console) with reading spotlights, reading lights rear left and right, illuminated make-up mirror in the sun visor
- Manually dimming rear-view mirror
- Electrically adjustable and heatable electrically folding exterior mirrors (also via remote key), aspherical on driver’s side, including ambient lighting
- Front wiper system with 2 speeds, intermittent wipe and rain sensor
- Rear screen wiper with an intermittent wipe and washer jet
- Rear screen heating with ‘auto off’ function
- Comfort and assistance systems
- Remote central locking
- Warn and Brake Assist incl. Pedestrian protection
- Keyless drive
- Driver personalisation for climate, audio and communication, assistance systems and other customisable vehicle systems
- ParkAssist (front and rear) with visual and audible warning
- Cruise control
- Distance warning
- Reversing camera
- Comfort seat front (8-way, electric)
- Interior Package in Black (high-gloss)
- Automatic climate control
- Instrument cluster with two high-resolution displays
- Partial leather interior
- Five seats, a rear bench seat with two comfort outer seats and with separate folding seat (40: 20: 40), a folding centre armrest with two cupholders, manual fore/aft adjustment, as well as backrest adjustment.
- Storage compartments in the interior (depending on model and individual options): glove compartment, storage compartment in the centre console, storage compartment below front seats, door pockets and map pockets on front seat backrests, storage compartments insides of the luggage compartment
- Central analogue rev counter with Black dial
- B-pillar clothes hooks on driver and passenger’s side
- Multifunctional steering wheel with shift paddles
- Particle/pollen filter with active carbon filter
- Retractable roller luggage compartment cover in detachable cassette
- Two integrated cupholders in front and rear with variable diameter
- Bottle holders indoor panels front and rear
- Roof lining and A-/B-/ C-pillar trims in fabric
- Dual sun visors for the driver and front passenger
- Door sill guards in stainless steel with model logo at front
- 4-way headrests front/2-way headrests (except for the middle seat) rear
- Elevated centre console with handles
- Full-size airbags for driver and front passenger
- Knee airbags for driver and front passenger
- Front side airbags integrated into the seat
- Curtain airbags along with the roof frame and side glazing from the A-pillar to the C-pillar
- Rollover detection for activation of curtain airbags and seat belt pretensioners
- Three-point automatic seat belts with pretensioners (front and outer rear seats) and force limiters (front), a three-point automatic seat belt on the middle rear seat
- Manual adjustment of seat belt height for the driver and front passenger seats
- Seat belt warning system for driver and front passenger and rear seat system
- Mounting points on the passenger seat for ISOFIX child seat mounting system
- Front passenger airbag deactivation function for mounting child seat on the front seat
- Alarm system with ultrasonic interior surveillance and two-stage locking (SAFE function)
- Immobiliser with in-key transponder
- Front heated seats
- Floor mats
- Audio and communication
- Digital radio
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Mobile Phone Preparation, Audio Interfaces and Voice Control
- High-resolution 12.3-inch touchscreen display in full HD resolution
- Mobile phone preparation with Bluetooth® interface for telephone and music
- Two USB-C connectivity and charging ports in the front storage compartment, for example for connecting various iPod® and iPhone® models, as well as two USB-C charge ports in the rear
- Apple® CarPlay and Android Auto
- Sound Package Plus with 10 Speakers and a Total Output of 150 Watts
- Three 12 V plug sockets are located front below the glove compartment, in the front centre console and at the side of the luggage compartment
Technical Data of the Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)
|Engine Capacity||2,995 cc|
|Max Output||335 hp (250 kW) / 5,300 – 6,400 rpm|
|Max Torque||450 Nm / 1,340 – 5,300 rpm|
|Acceleration||6.2 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||245 km/h|
|Transmission||8-speed Tiptronic S|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,918 mm x 2,194 mm x 1,696 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||90 litres|
360 Tour of the new Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)
Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)!
“It’s among the most fun-to-drive models in its class and backs it up with an impressive interior and plenty of opportunity for customization.”
Read the full review by Edmunds
“Even as an SUV, the Cayenne never feels like anything other than a Porsche; it mostly drives like a heartier Panamera.”
Read the full review by Motortrend
“…delivers mouth-watering performance and has a chic interior, making it an eye-catching choice in the luxury midsize SUV class.”
Read the full review by Cars US
Video Reviews of the new Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)
2022 Porsche Cayenne Base Model Review | Is it still the SUV daily driver champ?
Porsche Cayenne Brutally Honest Review After 110,000 Miles & 1 year
History of Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)
The Porsche Cayenne is a series of luxury midsize crossover SUVs manufactured by the German automaker Porsche since 2002 and sold in North America since 2003. It was the first V8-engined vehicle built by Porsche since 1995 when the Porsche 928 was discontinued.
The second-generation Cayenne was unveiled at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show in March 2010, having previously been unveiled online. It shared the platform, chassis, doors and electronics with the similar Volkswagen and Audi Q7. The second-generation Cayenne received a facelift in 2014 with minor exterior changes and introduced a new plug-in e-hybrid version, which was presented to the public at the Paris Motor Show.
The third-generation Porsche Cayenne was unveiled in August 2017 and presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show the same year. It featured a new platform shared with the Bentley and Lamborghini Urus.
Porsche equipped the Cayenne with significant technical upgrades, such as rear-axle steering, which allows for better cornering speed and easier parking manoeuvres. Its exterior is characterised by a continuous radiator grille interrupted by three vertical louvres.
The indicators on the side mirrors have dynamic light movement thanks to LED technology. On the side, the fiery look has been enhanced by the sloping D-pillars and roof spoiler. Two wide and chromed rectangular exhaust pipes have been placed under the bumper.
The Cayenne also featured the new 12.3-inch touchscreen HD of the Porsche Communication Management infotainment system. The rev counter remained analogue in the instrument cluster and was flanked by two 7-inch displays needed for other relevant driving data.
Rear passengers also have more legroom than before thanks to the longer wheelbase, despite the thicker front seats. For the powertrain, Porsche has fitted a turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 engine that produces 40bhp more than its predecessor and is paired with a standard eight-speed automatic transmission.
Porsche also improved the Porsche Traction Management all-wheel-drive system. It offered better road holding and off-road capability and air suspension, although it was not equipped with a transfer case.
Since its launch, the Porsche Cayenne has been available in Europe, Germany, the Americas, Asia Pacific, Africa, the Middle East and China.
Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) have?
The Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) has a five seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) have?
The Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) has a 2,995 cc engine capacity and has a maximum output of 335 hp and 450 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 6.2 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 245 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic) has a fuel tank capacity of 90 litres and fuel consumption of 12.5-11.5-litre per 100 km with an 8-speed Tiptronic S transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche Cayenne (Quartzite Grey Metallic)?