Taking another step ahead of the game, the new Porsche Cayenne GTS dominates the mid-size SUV segment with yet another advancement in performance and precision. Attributing to its powerful 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine combined with a robust sports exhaust system and a host of practical and technical refinements, expect a thrilling motorsport experience each time you take the dynamic sports car to the road.
The 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine, mated to an 8-speed Tiptronic S transmission and delivering a whopping 460 PS and 620 Nm of maximum torque, provides enhanced agility and handling while the sports exhaust system oozes with confident expressive power.
Bringing thrill to every ride with confident, expressive power, the new Porsche Cayenne GTS is a perfect balance between speed and comfort with the pure luxuries that a Cayenne offers.
Special Features of the Porsche Cayenne GTS
Sport Chrono Package
Increasing the raw power and stamina of the Carrera, the Sport Chrono Package gives you plenty of innovative features such as SPORT response.
Pressing this button rotates the engine and transmission to unleash a vast amount of power to ensure optimum speed and reaction.
GTS Sports Seats
The GTS sport seats with integrated headrests feature 14-way power-adjustable seats with a memory package.
These seats sport unique stitching patterns and reinforced side bolsters that provide more comfort and support when cornering hard. It also comes with a storage net on the back of the front seats for maximum convenience on every ride.
Panoramic Roof System
Featuring two wide glass panels, the Cayenne’s panoramic roof system offers a glorious skyward view that you can enjoy even if it is closed.
The front portion is available in a slide-open function to enjoy the view on top and a roll-up blind to shield you from strong sunlight.
Powerful Set of Wheels
Scoring a solid impression and dynamic performance wherever it goes, the sporty Porsche Cayenne GTS never fails to carry the Porsche DNA with a unique set of wheels.
It features the 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in satin black with wheel arch extensions in exterior colour.
Close the doors automatically and quietly with the soft-close doors mechanism that uses an electric motor with an integrated sensor.
Once this sensor senses the door is approximately a quarter-inch from being completely closed, the sensor activates the electric motor to pull the door closed.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Experience high functionality with the Porsche Communication Management which offers several features to help you make the most of your time behind the wheel of this luxury SUV.
It sports a high-resolution touch display and an integrated proximity sensor for easy operation. This advanced feature allows the driver to make phone calls, send messages, stream music, access vehicle diagnostics and access smartphone apps.
Interior of the Porsche Cayenne GTS
The Porsche Cayenne GTS offers comfort and innovative luxury to enhance your daily travels wherever you go.
It features GTS extended leather/Alcantara interior, a Brushed Black Aluminium Interior Package and GTS sports seats with integrated headrests.
Multifunctional Sports Steering Wheel
This feature includes gearshift paddles that allow for quick and precise shifting in manual mode while providing easy access to audio, phone and navigation functions.
You can also select your preferred driving mode directly from the steering wheel. The Porsche Crest is located in the small centre, completing the steering wheel’s sporty and luxurious design.
BOSE Surround Sound System
Designed and engineered for the unique cabin acoustics of this sporty SUV, savour the best soundscape with the BOSE Surround Sound System.
This premium sound system delivers an accurate and lifelike listening experience that all occupants enjoy with every ride.
Heated Front Seats
Featuring a heating function on the front seats, the Porsche Cayenne GTS keeps you warm when the temperature drops.
It ensures a high level of comfort and prevents cramped posture while offering luxurious comfort, relaxation, physical health benefits and improved safety.
Rear Bench Seat
Experience maximum comfort and versatility with the Cayenne’s innovative rear bench seat. This bench seat comes with two comfort outer seats in GTS sports design and a third centre seat.
The two comfort outer seats sport two-way headrests, manual fore/aft and backrest angle adjust with 40:20:40 split-folding backrests.
USB Charging and Connectivity Ports
Conveniently located at the front centre console storage compartment, this luxury cabriolet features two USB charging and connectivity ports.
Such features enhance your maximum convenience and optimal driving comfort as it allows you to charge or connect your mobile devices wherever you go for a ride.
Exterior of the Porsche Cayenne GTS
Distinctive Porsche DNA
This five-seater SUV features a fully galvanised steel/aluminium hybrid lightweight bodyshell and the distinctive SportDesign package that enhances its sporty look.
It also comes with a set of 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in Satin Black that keep pace with the driving dynamics of this top-of-the-line SUV.
Exclusive LED headlights with PDLS Plus
Ensure driving safely with Porsche’s latest light technology that extends your field of view, especially during nighttime. Its integrated Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PLDSP) adjusts light intensity and range depending on the surroundings.
Sports Exhaust System
Made of stainless steel, the new Porsche Cayenne GTS features twin-pipe tailpipes that provide a unique and striking sports character and complement the timeless car look of this special Cayenne.
In conjunction with the excellent exhaust system from Porsche, they are not only an aesthetic accessory but also a practical component for its impressive performance.
Rear Taillight Strip
Showcasing its striking taillight strip, the Porsche Cayenne GTS draws attention whenever it passes by. It features an integrated “PORSCHE” logo in the taillight strip, emphasising the presence of this top-tier SUV.
Electric-folding Exterior Mirrors
Conveniently helping you in adjusting the exterior mirrors, this feature allows the driver to electrically fold and adjust the exterior mirrors without leaving their seats.
The heated and electric folding exterior mirrors also provide ease in manoeuvring through tight spaces, making sure that your Cayenne’s mirrors are safe from any scratch or damage.
The ParkAssist system gives you much more confidence when parking and manoeuvring. It features a different camera angle, discreetly and intelligently installed for a full-view display.
This system audibly warns the driver of obstacles detected at the front and rear of the vehicle, providing a virtual bird’s eye view of the vehicle which is displayed in high resolution on the screen of PCM.
Porsche Cayenne GTS Specifications
- Interior Colour – Leather interior in the two-tone combination. smooth-finish leather Black-Bordeaux Red
- Comfort seats in front (14-way, electric) with memory package
- Exterior Colour – Moonlight Blue Metallic
- Panoramic roof system
- 8-Speed Tiptronic S
- Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch
- Adaptive air suspension with a levelling system and height adjustment incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in Black silk-gloss with wheel arch extensions in exterior colour
Lighting and Vision
- Tinted LED main headlights with matrix beam, including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Comfort and Assistance Systems
- Head-Up Display
- ParkAssist incl. Surround View
- Soft-close doors
Audio and Communication
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Power unit
- Configuration/number of cylinders V8
- Fuel grade 98
- Bore 86.0 mm
- Stroke 86.0 mm
- Displacement 3,996 cm³
- Power (kW) 338 kW
- Power (PS) 460 PS
- Maximum power at RPM range 6,000 – 6,500 1/min
- Max. torque (Nm) 620 Nm
- Maximum torque at RPM range 1,800 – 4,500 1/min
- Consumption (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined* (model range) 20.0 – 21.2 mpg
- Fuel consumption combined 21.1 mpg (UK)
- CO2-emissions combined 304 g/km
- CO2-emissions low (model range) 511 – 501 g/km
- CO2-emissions medium (model range) 317 – 296 g/km
- CO2-emissions high (model range) 273 – 256 g/km
- CO2-emissions extra high (model range) 286 – 268 g/km
- CO2 emissions combined* (model range) 319 – 301 g/km
- Emission standard Euro 6d-ISC-FCM
- Body Dimensions and Weights
- Length 4,929 mm
- Width (with mirrors folded) 1,983 mm
- Width (without mirrors folded) 2,194 mm
- Height 1,676 mm
- Wheelbase 2,895 mm
- Front track 1,682 mm
- Rear track 1,665 mm
- Unladen weight (DIN) 2,145 kg
- Unladen weight (EC) 2,220 kg
- Permissible gross weight 2,860 kg
- Maximum payload 715 kg
- Max. towing load (braked) 3,500 kg
- Max. towing capacity (unbraked) 750 kg
- Maximum permissible roof load 100 kg
- Luggage compartment volume 772 litres
- Luggage compartment volume (with seats folded) 1,708 litres
- Fuel tank 90 litres
- Top speed 168 mph
- Acceleration 0-60 mph 4.5 secs
- Acceleration 0-60 mph with Sport Chrono Package 4.2 secs
- Acceleration 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) 4.8 secs
- Acceleration 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) with Sport Chrono Package 4.5 secs
- Acceleration 0-99 mph (0-160 km/h) 10.9 secs
- Acceleration 0-99 mph (0-160 km/h) with Sport Chrono Package 10.6 secs
- Acceleration from 0-124 mph (0-200 km/h) 17.9 secs
- Acceleration 0-124 mph (0-200 km/h) with Sport Chrono Package 17.6 secs
- In-gear acceleration 49-74 mph (80-120 km/h) 3.2 secs
- Terrain Features
- Wading depth (steel suspension) 480 mm
- Wading depth (air suspension, off-road ride height) 520 mm
- Slope angle, front/rear (steel suspension) 23.4 – 20.7 °
- Slope angle, front/rear (air suspension, off-road ride height) 26.9 – 23.7 °
- Ramp break over angle (steel suspension) 16.9 °
- Ramp break over angle (air suspension, highest level) 20.5 °
- Max. ground clearance (steel suspension) 190 mm
- Max. ground clearance (air suspension, normal level) 180 mm
- Max. ground clearance (air suspension, off-road ride height) 235 mm
- Service and Warranty
- Warranty period 3 years, unlimited mileage
- Main service interval 2 years or 20,000 miles
- Power Unit
- 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine, maximum power output 338 kW (460 PS), maximum torque 620 Nm
- 90-litre fuel tank
- Power Unit Features
- Direct fuel injection (DFI)
- Twin-turbocharged, twin-scroll turbochargers
- Gasoline particulate filter (GPF)
- Emission standard Euro 6d-ISC-FCM
- Charge-air cooling
- Aluminium cylinder heads and engine block
- Water-cooled with thermal management
- Vehicle electrical system recuperation
- Active air intake flaps
- Lightweight battery
- Active cylinder control
- Sports exhaust system with black tailpipes
- 8-speed Tiptronic S automatic gearbox with manual gear control
- Auto start/stop and coasting function
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): Active all-wheel drive with electronically variable, map-controlled multi-plate clutch, automatic brake differential (ABD), anti-slip regulation (ASR)
- Aluminium multi-link axles, front and rear
- Steel spring suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), GTS specific tune and 20mm lowered ride height
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- Vehicle stability system Porsche Stability Management (PSM) with ABS, ASR, ABD, MSR, Trailer Stability Management and expanded PSM SPORT mode
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
- Power steering
- Staggered tyre fitment with wider section rear tyres
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in satin black with wheel arch extensions in exterior colour Front axle: 9.5J x 21 ET46 wheels with 285/40ZR21 XL tyresRear axle: 11J x 21 ET58 wheels with 315/35ZR21 XL tyres
- Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
- 6-piston aluminium monobloc fixed caliper brakes at front, internally vented 390mm brake discs
- 4-piston aluminium monobloc fixed calliper brakes at the rear, internally vented 358 mm brake discs
- Brake callipers in red
- Brake pad wear indicator
- Electronic parking brake
- Automatic hold function
- Porsche Hill Control (PHC)
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Multi-collision brake
- Fully galvanised steel/aluminium hybrid lightweight bodyshell. Bonnet, tailgate, doors, side panels, roof and front wings in aluminium
- 4 Doors with integrated side impact protection
- Door handles painted in exterior colour
- Side window trims in silver finish
- Extensive aerodynamic underbody protection
- Front end with integrated air intakes and airblades for the side air intakes
- Air curtains in wheel arch housings
- Wheel arch extension covers in exterior colour
- Door lower cladding trim in exterior colour
- Exterior mirror lower trim and base painted in gloss black
- Unique twin dual tailpipes in gloss black
- Rear apron in exterior colour
- “PORSCHE” logo integrated into rear taillight strip
- “GTS” logo on front door trims in black
- “Porsche” logo and “Cayenne GTS” model designation on tailgate in matt black
- Preparation for tow bar system
- Side window trims in gloss black
- SportDesign Package
- Lighting and Visibility
- Exclusive LED headlights in black with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- Four-point signature LED daytime running lights
- Front light modules including position lights and direction indicators in LED light-guide technology
- Automatic headlight activation including Welcome Home functionality
- LED High level 3rd brake light
- Exclusive tinted LED tail lights with three-dimensional lighting graphic including light strip and integrated four-point brake lights
- LED interior lighting concept including switch-off delay function, footwell lighting for front and rear, ashtray illumination (where specified), glove compartment lighting, ignition lock illumination, front overhead console with reading lights, rear reading lights
- Manually dimming interior rear-view mirror
- Electrically adjustable, folding and heated exterior mirrors, aspherical on driver’s side, including courtesy lights
- Front windscreen wipers with two speeds, intermittent wipe and rain sensor
- Heated rear screen with auto-off function
- Air Conditioning and Glazing
- Automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger. Functions include automatic air recirculation control including air quality sensor, AC-Max button and humidity sensor
- Light tinted, thermally insulated glass all round
- Particle/pollen filter with activated carbon filter
- Five seats
- GTS sports seats with integrated headrests, unique stitching pattern and increased side bolsters, 8-way electric adjustment (seat height, cushion angle, backrest angle and fore-aft). Storage net on the back of front seats.
- Bench rear seat with two comfort outer seats in GTS sports design and third centre seat, two way headrests on outer seats, manual fore/aft and backrest angle adjust, 40:20:40 split-folding backrests, centre storage tray and deployable centre armrest with two cupholders
- Integrated headrests in conjunction with GTS sports seats with “GTS” model logo on headrests (front and outer rear)
- Heated front seats
- Safety and Security
- Active bonnet
- Side impact protection integrated in doors
- Bumper system with high-strength cross members and two deformation elements, each with two receptacles with screw threads for the towing lug included in the on-board tool kit
- Full-size airbags for driver and front passenger
- Knee airbags for driver and passenger
- Front side airbags integrated into seat
- Curtain airbags along roof frame and side glazing
- Rollover detection for activation of curtain airbags and seat belt pretensioners
- 3-point automatic seatbelts with pre-tensioners (front and outer rear seats) and force limiter (front). 3-point automatic seatbelt for rear centre seat
- Seat belt height adjusts (manual) for driver and front passenger
- Seatbelt warning for front and rear seats
- ISOFIX fastening system for child seats on outer rear seats
- Front passenger airbag deactivation function for mounting of child seat on front seat
- Alarm system with ultrasonic interior sensor and two-stage locking (SAFE function)
- Engine immobiliser with in-key transponder
- Porsche Vehicle Tracking System Plus (PVTS Plus). Subscription required
- Assistance Systems
- Remote central locking
- Keyless engine start
- Warn and Brake Assist
- Driver-personalisation for climate, audio and communication, assistance systems and other customisable car systems
- ParkAssist front and rear including reversing camera with cleaning function and superimposed dynamic guidance display
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Instrument cluster with two high resolution displays
- Central analogue rev counter with black dial face and “GTS” logo
- GTS extended leather/Alcantara® interior
- Roof lining and upper pillar trims in Alcantara®
- Multifunction sports steering wheel with gearshift paddles
- Interior trim package in black brushed aluminium
- Accent trims in silver finish
- Door sill guards in black stainless steel with model designation at front
- Floor mats
- Non-smoker package
- Pedals in stainless steel
- Audio and Communication
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including Online Navigation, mobile phone preparation, audio interface and voice control system
- Connect Plus incl. Apple® CarPlay, 4G/LTE communication module with SIM card reader, wireless internet access and Porsche Connect services
- Hi-fi sound system with 10 speakers, total output 150 watts
- Two USB charging and connectivity ports in the front centre console storage compartment
- Two USB charging ports in the rear compartment
- Three 12V power sockets: in front below the glove compartment, in front centre console, at side of luggage compartment
- Digital radio
- Luggage Compartment and Storage
- Powered tailgate
- Storage compartments in the interior (dependent on model and individual options): Glove compartment (cooled by climate control), storage compartment in front centre console, door pockets and map pockets on front seat backrests, storage in the sides of luggage compartment
- B-pillar clothes hooks on driver and passenger’s side
- Retractable luggage compartment cover in removable cassette • Two integrated cup holders in front and two cupholders in rear centre armrest • Bottle holders in door panels front and rear
Technical Data of the Porsche Cayenne GTS
|Engine||4.0-litre twin-turbo V8|
|Engine Capacity||3,996 cc|
|Max Output||338 kW (460 PS)|
|Max Torque||620 Nm|
|Top Speed||168 mph|
|Transmission||8-Speed Tiptronic S|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,929 mm x 2,194 mm x 1,676 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||90 litres|
360 Tour of the Porsche Cayenne GTS
Porsche Cayenne GTS Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche Cayenne GTS!
“…the GTS stands out as the real star of the Cayenne lineup, with arguably the best balance of performance and comfort.”
Read the full review by Cnet
“…the GTS specification grade ticks all the right boxes…”
Read the full review by Drive
Video Reviews of the new Porsche Cayenne GTS
NEW Porsche Cayenne GTS: Road Review | Carfection 4K
The 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS Is Yet Another Cayenne
2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS REVIEW on AUTOBAHN [NO SPEED LIMIT] by AutoTopNL
History of Porsche Cayenne GTS
The Porsche Cayenne GTS is a mid-sized crossover sports car produced by the German manufacturer Porsche in 2008. The facelifted version filled the gap between the S and Turbo models and was considered one of the best Cayenne options on the market.
Between the Cayenne’s launch and the facelift, almost 160,000 units were sold once the initial shock was over. The market understood that a Porsche SUV could be one of the best ideas to save the famous German sports car brand, prompting critics to lower their voices and customers to order more.
The second-generation Cayenne GTS was launched in 2012 and offered more performance features than the second-generation Cayenne S. It was introduced just two years after the first generation.
It differs slightly in appearance from the S model and features the Porsche Dynamic Light System as standard. In the interior, the GTS model has numerous Alcantara trims on the seat centre panels, the centre console armrest and the door panels.
For the 2014 facelift, the Cayenne GTS has been improved in every respect, offering better performance and lower fuel consumption. It was intended to be the Porsche Turbo without a turbocharger, providing a link between the naturally aspirated versions and the sporty chassis of the Cayenne flagship.
The Cayenne GTS dispensed with the 4.8-litre engine with direct injection from the version without a facelift. It was powered by a newly developed 3.6-litre V6 engine that was more powerful than the previous engine.
The fourth generation was launched in 2020, a milestone for the German SUV as the V8 engine returned for the Porsche Cayenne GTS. It was the first time the GTS model outperformed the first-generation Cayenne Turbo. Retaining a pair of turbochargers, it returned to a V8 engine and was again described as one of the most balanced options for the Cayenne.
Porsche announced that it sold 31% more vehicles in the first six months of 2021 than in 2020, following the global crisis triggered by COVID19, with the Cayenne achieving huge sales of 44,050 units. China remained the largest single market for Porsche, followed by Asia Pacific, Africa, the Middle East, the United States and Europe.
Porsche Cayenne GTS FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche Cayenne GTS have?
The Porsche Cayenne GTS has a five seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche Cayenne GTS have?
The Porsche Cayenne GTS has a 3,996 cc engine capacity and a maximum output of 460 PS and 620 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche Cayenne GTS?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 4.5 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 168 mph.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche Cayenne GTS has a fuel tank capacity of 90 litres and a fuel consumption of 20.0 – 21.2 mpg with an 8-Speed Tiptronic S transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche Cayenne GTS?