Showcasing its timeless design and robust performance, the new Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet reflects the past and reaffirms the German brand’s automotive legacy. This fifth-generation Turbo S features a host of advanced technologies and offers high-end comfort in everyday driving.
An efficient six-cylinder twin-turbo engine powers the new 911 Turbo mated to an 8-speed transmission Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK), rating at 641 hp and has a maximum torque of 800 Nm. It accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in just 2.8 seconds and reaches a top speed of 330 km/h.
With its excellent and blistering performance, the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet embodies the heritage rich in tradition and displays the unmistakable Porsche DNA.
Special Features of the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
Multifunctional Steering Wheel
The multifunction steering wheel is wrapped in natural leather and features the iconic Porsche Crest in the centre, completing its athletic identity.
While its mounted paddle shifters allow for faster and more precise shifting, it also features control buttons that allow easy access to audio, phone, and navigation functions.
Adaptive Sports Seats Plus
Experience ride comfort at a whole new level with the adaptive sports seats plus with 18-way electrically adjusted and memory function for the driver seat.
It allows you to adjust the seat back’s fore/aft direction, height, and recline and provide generous seating comfort for both front seats and store the individual seat configuration as well as steering wheel and mirror preferences.
Convertible Soft Top
The Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet offers versatile and unique styling with its black convertible top.
It complements the sports car’s body colour and allows you to enjoy the open-air ambience and views of the surroundings when you take down the soft top.
Sports Exhaust System
Supercar-like performance is nothing without a powerful exhaust system with soulful acoustics. On the current 911 Turbo, the sports exhaust system with black tailpipes pays homage to the origins of the racetrack.
It is equipped with two catalytic converters and a rear silencer, ensuring remarkable resonance and genuine Porsche sports car sound.
Powerful Set of Wheels
Exuding a robust and dynamic character, this super-car cabriolet features a powerful set of wheels that showcase a solid impression and dynamic driving performance at every turn.
This powerful set includes 20/21-inch 911 Turbo S exclusive wheels in high-gloss black, complementing the sporty image of this cabriolet.
Sport Chrono Package
The Sport Chrono Package primarily adds power and endurance to this cabriolet through innovative automotive tech, such as the mode switch.
Flicking the switch enables the engine and transmission to rev for around 20 seconds, unleashing a massive power for maximum speed and response.
This package also includes the Porsche Track Precision app & tyre temperature indicator for more added convenience.
Interior of the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
Sport Chrono Stopwatch
As part of the Sport Chrono package, the onboard digital and analogue stopwatch instrument dial serves as a performance indicator.
It provides the information to the PCM to display, shop, and evaluate route times and times of alternative routes.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
The Porsche Communication Management (PCM) coupled with a high-resolution touch display enables you to make the most of the time behind the wheel of the 911 Turbo.
Such a feature allows you to easily access smartphone apps, make phone calls, send messages, and stream music without being distracted on the road.
Instrument Cluster with Central Rev Counter
With the new horizontal orientation of the cockpit comes the instrument cluster with a central rev counter in the middle.
To the left and right of the counter sit two high-resolution 7-inch TFT displays that provide all the other car information you need.
BOSE Surround Sound System
Designed to deliver a superior audio experience, the BOSE Surround Sound System enhances the entertainment and enjoyment of every adventure you take.
It features 12 speakers, including a subwoofer, 12 amplifier channels, and total power of 570 watts, AudioPilot Noise Compensation Technology and SoundTrue Enhancement Technology, which are optimally tuned to the interior acoustics of the car.
Front Seat Heating
With front seat heating, the Porsche 911 Turbo keeps you warm when the temperature drops, ensuring a high level of comfort and preventing a cramped posture.
Heated front seats offer luxurious comfort, relaxation, physical health benefits, and improved safety.
2-zone Automatic Climate Control
Dual-zone automatic climate control features separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger, automatic recirculation mode including air quality sensor.
The driver and front passenger can set the temperature, climate style, and air distribution outputs to suit their personal preferences.
Exterior of the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
Electric-folding Exterior Mirrors
The built-in electric folding function allows you to adjust your exterior mirrors without leaving your seat conveniently. Both exterior mirrors fold and tilt when trapped in tight spaces, avoiding damage to the housing.
One of the distinctive features of the 911 Turbo is the ‘PORSCHE’ lettering, integrated into the flawless light strip sitting between the three-dimensional taillights.
The state-of-the-art LED technology illuminates both the light strip and taillights, ensuring that this sports cabriolet is noticeable even at night.
Unique LED Matrix Headlights
The Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet LED main headlights create a unique front apron that makes a statement wherever it goes.
More than aesthetics, its new lighting technology includes daytime running lights with 4-point headlights LED and the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) that illuminates the road generously.
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Master any road surface with the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) function, which features a new automotive technology that adjusts the damping force according to the current road conditions.
Such a feature increases overall driving dynamics and includes different driving modes that you can freely choose from the “Normal” mode, which perfectly combines sporty performance and comfort to the more robust “SPORT” mode.
High-gloss Black Rear Lid Grille
The rear lid grille with vertical slats in silver high-gloss black provides a practical and distinct aesthetic at the rear profile.
While providing fresh air into the engine, it also helps maintain high performance while housing the vertically aligned third brake light for added visibility and safety.
Auto-dimming Mirrors and Integrated Rain Sensor
The auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors serve as an additional safety feature and reduce the glare of light following vehicles.
It also has an integrated rain sensor that detects the amount of precipitation on your windscreen, activates the wipers, and speeds them up if necessary.
Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet Specifications
- Exterior Colour
- GT Silver Metallic
- Convertible Soft Top – Red
- Interior Colour – Black / Bordeaux Red two-tone leather interior
- Drive train / Chassis
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- PASM Sport Suspension (-10 mm)
- Sports Exhaust System (tailpipes in Black colour)
- Front-axle Lift System
- 20 / 21-inch 911 Turbo S Exclusive Design Wheels
- Wheels Accessories
- Wheels painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Lighting and Vision
- Exclusive Design Taillights
- Comfort / Assistance Systems
- ParkAssist including Surround View
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- Light Design Package
- Adaptive Sports Seats Plus (18-Way, electric) with driver memory
- Seat Belts in Crayon
- Sport Chrono Stopwatch instrument dial in white
- Interior Package Leather
- 2+2 Seater Convertible with wide 911 Turbo body and rear engine
- Intelligent Lightweight Construction in aluminium and steel composite
- Trim on side skirts in Black
- Retractable Door Handles
- Model Designation on rear trim in Light silver
- ‘PORSCHE’ lettering integrated into taillight strip
- Side Window Trim Strips in Black
- Rear Lid Grille with vertical slats in silver (high-gloss)
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) with auto-deploying front spoiler, active cooling air flaps, and wing element
- Front Apron with side air intakes incl. active cooling air flaps and air blades in black
- Rear Side Panel with air intakes for the engine
- Rear Apron and Rear Apron lower section with integrated tailpipe trims and intercooler
- Exterior Mirror Lower Trims in exterior colour
- Metallic Paint
- Electrically Operated, fully automatic fabric hood with three integral magnesium elements and a heatable rigid glass rear screen, operable up to approx. 50 km/h, convenient operation by key remote
- Integral Electrically Powered Wind Deflector
- Drivetrain and Chassis
- 6-cylinder Boxer Engine with VTG twin-turbo, displacement: 3.745 litres, maximum power output: 478 kW (650 PS), maximum torque: 800 Nm
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) – 8-speed dual-clutch transmission with manual control via gearshift paddles at the steering wheel. Includes an automatic mode
- McPherson-front Axle with anti-roll bar and rear-axle steering
- Multi-link Rear Axle with anti-roll bar
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) with 10-piston aluminium monobloc fixed brake callipers at the front and 4-piston aluminium monobloc fixed brake callipers at the rear, ceramic composite brake discs with diameter 420 mm at the front and 390 mm at the rear, internally vented and cross-drilled, brake callipers in Yellow
- All-wheel Drive with map-controlled multi-plate clutch Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
- Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch, Porsche Track Precision App & tyre temperature display
- Aluminium engine block and cylinder heads
- Electromechanical power steering with variable steering ratio and steering pulse generator
- Water-cooled Engine with thermal management
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Stationary Management with HOLD function
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) incl. ABS with extended brake functions
- 2 Turbochargers with variable turbine geometry (VTG), 2 intercoolers
- Auto Start/Stop Function
- Direct Fuel Injection (DFI) with piezo injectors
- VarioCam Plus Variable Valve timing and lift
- Integrated Dry-sump Lubrication with an on-demand controlled oil pump
- Two 3-way Catalytic Converters and on-board diagnostics for monitoring emission control system
- Exhaust System with 2 Dual-tailpipe Trims in 911 Turbo design made of stainless steel black (high-gloss)
- Electrically Operated Parking Brake
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) in conjunction with PDK includes fully variable electronically controlled rear differential lock and fully variable torque distribution
- Lightweight Starter Battery LFP
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
- 2 Gasoline Particulate Filters (GPF)
- Expansion Intake Manifold
- Audio and Communication
- Digital Radio
- BOSE Surround Sound-System with 12 loudspeakers incl. subwoofer, 12 amplifier channels and with a total output of 570 watts as well as AudioPilot Noise Compensation Technology and SoundTrue Enhancement Technology
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM), Mobile Phone Preparation, AudioInterfaces and Voice Control
- Smartphone Integration incl. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Lights and Vision
- LED-Matrix Headlights including daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights and Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Reading Lights, orientation, ignition lock, luggage compartment, footwell, glove compartment, and door lightning all build on LED technology
- Illuminated Vanity Mirrors in sun visors for driver and passenger
- Dual Front Light Units incl. position lights and direction indicators, as well as side indicators, lights all built on LED technology
- Taillight Strip including integrated parking lights and rear fog-light
- Automatic headlight activation incl. ‘Welcome Home’ lighting
- Three-dimensional LED Taillights incl. reversing light and direction indicators as well as integral third brake lights
- Exterior Mirrors on Door Waist Rails, electrically adjustable and heatable, aspherical on driver’s side
- Windscreen Washer System with aero wiper blades and washer jets
- Automatically Dimming Interior and Exterior Mirrors with integrated rain sensor
- Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors incl. courtesy lighting
- Comfort and Assistance Systems
- Porsche WET Mode
- Warn and Brake Assist incl. Pedestrian protection
- Keyless drive
- ParkAssist Front and Rear including reversing camera
- Electric Window Lifts with one-touch operation and door seal protection
- Cruise control
- Remote Control for Central Locking System and Luggage Compartment Lid Release
- 2-zone Automatic Climate Control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger, automatic air-recirculation mode including air quality sensor
- Instrument Cluster with central rev counter and two 7-inch TFT displays, 10.9-inch Center display
- Multifunctional Steering Wheel with shift paddles and manual height- and reach adjustment
- Front Luggage Compartment
- Particle/pollen Filter with Active Carbon Filter
- Two-tone Leather Interior with decorative stitching in a lighter colour as well as quilting seat centre and door panel
- Adaptive Sports Seats Plus (18-way) featuring electric adjustment of all seat functions incl. seat side bolsters
- Electric Adjustment of Backrest Angle, seat height, fore/aft position, squab angle and length of the seat cushion, seat and side bolsters, and lumbar support. Headrests with embossed ‘turbo S’ logo and backrest (front/rear) with quilted seat centres
- Memory Function for both Exterior Mirrors, steering column, and seat position (driver’s side) as well as other personalized in-car settings
- Full-size airbags (two-stage) for driver and front passenger
- Gear Indicator in the rev counter
- PDK Gear Changer Lever with automatic mode, manual gear selection via shift paddles at the steering wheel
- Ascending Centre Console with storage compartment
- Embossed Leather on the front centre seat, side bolsters, and front-seat headrests
- GT sports steering wheel in leather with multifunction, including shift paddles in Darksilver, mode switch as well a Selectric reach and height adjustment
- Storage compartment in each door
- Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP), comprising side impact protection elements in the doors, Curtain airbag(Head-/ Window bag), and thorax airbag for driver and front passenger
- Glove Compartment (lockable) and storage compartment in each door
- Door Handles, trim strips on dashboard and door panel as well as centre console trim in Light silver, decorative inlays in matte carbon
- Two Individual Cupholders (1x as an inlet in the centre console and 1x passenger side)
- Mounting points on the passenger seat for ISOFIX child seat mounting system
- Engine Immobilizer with remote central locking and alarm system with ultrasonic sound-based interior surveillance
- Green-tinted Thermally Insulated Glass
- Heated Rear Screen
- Hood Lining in black fabric, A-pillar trim in leather
- Door Sill Guards in brushed aluminium with model designation
- 2 USB-C ports in centre console main storage compartment lid, socket (12-volt) in the passenger footwell
- Floor Mats
- Clothes hooks on seat backrests
- Seat Heating (front)
- Split-folding Rear Seat Backrests
- Sport Chrono clock with distinguishable dial
- Electrically Operated Rear Side Windows
- Auto-deploying Roll-over Protection System
- 20-/21-inch 911 Turbo S Wheels with 255/35 ZR 20 front tyres and 315/30 ZR 21 rear tyres
- Forged Alloy Wheels with central locking, in two-tone look (black with brightly polished wheel centre), wheel hub cover with coloured Porsche crest
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPM)
Technical Data of the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
|Engine||Flat-6 with twin-turbo|
|Engine Capacity||3,745 cc|
|Max Output||641 hp (478 kW) / 6,700 rpm|
|Max Torque||800 Nm / 2,500 – 4,000 rpm|
|Acceleration||2.8 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||330 km/h|
|Transmission||8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,535 mm x 2,024 mm x 1,301 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||67 L|
Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet!
“It is completely uncompromised and mesmerisingly good.”
Read the full review by BBBTopGear
“Coupe or Cabriolet, the 911 Turbo S is the supreme definition of ultra-fast grand touring.”
Read the full review by ROAD/SHOW
Video Reviews of the new Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet | MotorWeek Road Test
A convertible that goes 205 MPH: The 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
2020 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab (992) – Best Daily Supercar?
2020 911 Turbo S Cabriolet! The Porsche Turbo to Lust after!
History of Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
The Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet is a sports car series produced by the German car manufacturer in 1974. Due to the high customer demand for a car that offers a good balance between sport and luxury, a Turbo Cabriolet was introduced in 2000.
It offers the thrills and looks of a 911 Turbo, but a soft top that could be dropped for a comfortable and relaxed drive. This is how it became a famous supercar with more appeal and proved to be a great all-weather car due to its all-wheel-drive system.
Porsche also released the Turbo S Cabriolet for those who want more of the 911 Turbo Cabriolet. This was the same fine GT, but with a sportier character, featuring wide fenders that were even larger than those of the Carrera 4.
The 911 Turbo is offered in coupe and cabriolet body styles with a lip on the front bumper that expands to reduce the aerodynamic lift. However, for the fifth generation of this supercar, the German automaker has given it three big air-intakes for more room for cooling.
It also uses a newly developed, direct-injected 3.75-litre engine with VTG turbochargers with a total result of 650 hp connected to a standard 8-speed PDK (dual-clutch) automatic transmission.
Since their launch, the Turbo S and Turbo S Cabriolet have been best known in the United States and China.
Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet have?
The Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet has a four seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet have?
The Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet has 3,745 cc and has a maximum output of 641 hp and 800 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 2.8 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 330 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet has a fuel tank capacity of 67 litres and fuel consumption of 12-litre per 100 km with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet?