Revered as the pioneering convertible of the luxury German brand, the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S exudes an unmistakable presence with its iconic sleek silhouette and a comfortable, quality interior that is equipped with the latest technologies, as well as a powerful, fuel-efficient, 3.0-litre, flat-6 twin-turbo engine.
This luxurious soft-top convertible is powered by a Flat-6 with a twin-turbo engine, generating 444 hp and 530 Nm of maximum torque. It accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds and reaches a top speed of 304 km/h through an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
The new Porsche 911 Targa 4S combines the power of a sports car with the comfort and safety of a closed vehicle, taking your automotive life to a new level of open-air cruising.
Special Features of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S
Sport Chrono Stopwatch
As part of the Sport Chrono Package, the analogue stopwatch instrument dial in white integrated onboard serves as a performance indicator.
It delivers the information to the PCM to display, save, and evaluate circuit times and times of alternative routes, improving both driving stability and comfort.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Porsche offers a central control unit for the Targa’s mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control.
This large, high-resolution touchscreen display offers the same efficiency of functions and usage options as your mobile device. You can easily set the functions you prioritize while driving with the customizable home screen.
20/21-inch Turbo Wheels
Featuring a set of one-piece 20-/21-inch turbo wheels, the Porsche 911 Targa 4S leaves a strong impression by incorporating aesthetics and dynamic performance.
These wheels are traditionally designed to maintain their sporty look and are made from lightweight alloy. The rear wheels are also larger to ensure stability and comfort.
LED Matrix Main Headlights
Ensure safe driving as this luxury vehicle comes with the latest lighting system that expands your field of vision, especially at night.
It features LED main headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus), which adapts the light intensity and range to the surroundings while reducing the amount of light so as not to dazzle other drivers.
Sport Chrono Package
The Sport Chrono Package enhances the Targa’s primary performance and endurance and gives you a host of revolutionary drive modes such as SPORT.
Pressing this button revs up the engine and transmission for around 20 seconds to unleash tremendous power and ensure optimum speed and response.
Also included in the list are the mode switch, the Porsche Track Precision App, and the tyre temperature display.
Fully Automatic Roof System
This coupe-convertible hybrid comes with a dynamic feature that enhances its sporty and authoritative profile, even when stationary.
It also features a fabric hood with roof shell and integrated magnesium elements, as well as a curved, heated rear window made of laminated safety glass.
Interior of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S
First-class Cabin Experience
The 911 Targa 4S features fine and exquisite materials such as the black and Bordeaux leather upholstery that envelops the interior.
Comfort and convenience are also guaranteed as it is equipped with Porsche Communication Management (PCM) and a 4-way electrically adjustable Sports Plus.
Multifunction Steering Wheel
The multifunction steering wheel is covered in smooth leather and features a striking Porsche Crest in the centre, completing the car’s sporty identity.
It is equipped with shift paddles that enable faster and more precise gear changes and are manually adjustable in height and reach.
2-zone Automatic Climate Control
The 2-zone automatic climate control features separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger with automatic recirculation mode including an air quality sensor.
Front occupants can set the temperature, climate style, and air distribution outputs to suit their personal preferences.
Door Sill Guards
The latest Porsche 911 Targa 4S features a model-specific door sill guard made of black aluminium. This makes getting in and out of the car an experience in itself.
Its high-quality stainless steel door sill protectors feature a model designation.
To ensure that you always have up-to-date and valuable information at your fingertips, Porsche has integrated two innovative 7-inch TFT displays into the instrument cluster to provide you with a comfortable driving experience.
It also displays the gear indicator for the PDK, while the fuel gauge provides you with information on speed, distance, fuel, and heat, supported by other warning indicators for your safe driving.
Convertible Soft Top
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S offers a versatile and unique styling courtesy of the red convertible soft top.
It complements the sports car’s body colour while allowing you to enjoy the open-air ambience and the surrounding view on every ride.
Exterior of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S
Unmistakable Porsche DNA
Wrapped in a sleek GT Silver Metallic exterior paint GT Silver Metallic features the iconic design language of the 911 series, highlighted by the characteristic roll bar and innovative roof concept.
It also features a red convertible top and 20/21-inch turbo wheels that convey the unmistakable Porsche DNA even when stationary.
Sports Exhaust System
A supercar-like performance is nothing without a powerful exhaust system with an emotive acoustic.
With the latest Porsche 911 Targa 4S, its sports exhaust system features tube tailpipes in black, paying homage to its racetrack origins.
It comes with two catalytic converters and a rear silencer for that remarkable resonance and a genuine Porsche sports car sound.
No more fumbling with keys as the KEYLESS-drive feature allows you to unlock your 911 Targa 4S doors and even start the engine with just a push of a button.
With the key close to you, the system automatically reads the key’s encrypted access code. Upon validating the code, it automatically unlocks the doors, and you’re ready to go.
The ‘PORSCHE’ lettering integrated into the taillight strip is one of the unmistakable features of the 911 range that blends seamlessly between the three-dimensional rear lights.
This state-of-the-art LED technology illuminates both the light strip and the taillights, ensuring that this two-door convertible is easy to spot even at night.
Electric-folding Exterior Mirrors
Allowing the drivers to electrically fold in and adjust the exterior mirrors without leaving their seats, the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S features the innovative electric-folding exterior mirrors.
It also makes it easier to manoeuvre in tight spaces and ensures that your exterior mirrors are protected from scratches and damage.
LED Auxiliary Light Units
The LED auxiliary light units are an additional source of lighting and supplement your main headlights to make you more visible on the road.
They include position lights, direction indicators, and side indicators that add extra visual appeal to your exterior profile.
Porsche 911 Targa 4S Specifications
- Exterior Colour
- GT Silver Metallic
- Convertible soft top, Red
- Interior Colour – Leather (two-tone), Black and Bordeaux
- SportDesign Side Skirts
- Electric folding exterior mirrors
- Mirror Bases painted in Exterior Colour
- Targa roll bar in black satin finish
- ‘PORSCHE’ logo LED door courtesy lights
- Drive train / Chassis
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch, Porsche Track Precision App & tyre temperature display
- Sport Exhaust System (tailpipes in Black)
- Brake Calipers painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Front-axle lift system
- 20 / 21-inch Turbo wheels
- Wheels – 20 / 21-inch Turbo wheels
- Lighting and Vision
- LED Matrix main headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
- Comfort / Assistance Systems
- Adaptive cruise control
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- 4-way electric Sports Plus seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Interior Leather – Porsche Crest on headrests
- Audio and Communication – BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Power Unit
- Configuration/number of cylinders – Horizontally opposed 6 cylinders
- Displacement – 2,981 cm3
- Power (PS) – 450 PS
- Maximum power at RPM – 6,500 1/min
- Maximum engine speed – 7,500 1/min
- Max. torque (Nm) – 530 Nm
- Maximum torque at RPM range – 2,300 – 5,000 1/min
- Body dimensions and weights
- Length – 4,519 mm
- Width (with mirrors folded) – 1,852 mm
- Width (without mirrors folded) – 2,024 mm
- Height – 1,299 mm
- Wheelbase – 2,450 mm
- Unladen weight (DIN) – 1,675 kg
- Permissible gross weight – 2,085 kg
- Maximum payload – 410 kg
- Maximum permissible roof load
- Luggage compartment volume (front) – 132 l
- Open luggage compartment volume (behind front seats) – 163 l
- Fuel tank – 67 l
- Top speed – 304 km/h
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h – 3.8 secs
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h with Sport Chrono Package – 3.6 secs
- 2+2 seater with rear engine
- Intelligent lightweight construction in aluminium and steel composite• Side air intakes at the front with active cooling air flaps and air blades
- Auto-deploying rear spoiler
- Trim on side skirts in Black
- Retractable door handles
- Model designation on rear trim in Light silver
- ‘PORSCHE’ lettering integrated into taillight strip
- Rear lid grille with vertical slats in Silver (high-gloss)
- Fully automatic roof system, comprising a fabric hood with roof shell and integral magnesium elements, and a curved, heatable rear screen in laminated safety glass. Roof operated when vehicle stationary
- Fixed Targa roll bar with trim in aluminium, gills and ‘Targa’ logo
- Wind deflector in windscreen cowl surround
- 20-/21-inch Carrera S wheels with 245/35 ZR 20 front tyres and 305/30 ZR 21 rear tyres
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPM)
- Drivetrain and Chassis
- 6-cylinder boxer engine with twin-turbo, displacement: 3.0 litres, maximum power output: 331 kW (450 PS), maximum torque: 530 Nm
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) – 8-speed dual-clutch transmission with manual control via gearshift paddles at the steering wheel. Includes an automatic mode
- McPherson-front axle with anti-roll bar
- Multi-link rear axle with anti-roll bar
- 6-piston, aluminium fixed monobloc brake callipers at front and 4-piston, aluminium fixed monobloc brake callipers at rear, brake discs with 350 mm diameter at front and rear, internally vented and cross-drilled, brake callipers Red
- All-wheel drive with map-controlled multi-plate clutch Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
- SPORT button to activate dynamic driving settings for engine and transmission
- Aluminium engine block and cylinder heads
- Electromechanical power steering with variable steering ratio and steering pulse generator
- Water-cooled engine with thermal management
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Stationary management with HOLD function
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) incl. ABS with extended brake functions
- 2 turbochargers, 2 intercoolers
- Auto start/stop function
- Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- VarioCam Plus variable valve timing and lift
- Integrated dry-sump lubrication with an on-demand controlled oil pump
- Two 3-way catalytic converters and on-board diagnostics for monitoring emission control system
- 2 gasoline particulate filters (GPF)
- Expansion intake manifold
- Exhaust system with 2 dual-tube tailpipe trims fixed to the bumper in silver stainless steel (high-gloss)
- Electrically operated parking brake
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) in conjunction with PDK includes a fully variable electronically controlled rear differential lock and fully variable torque distribution
- Lights and Vision
- LED main headlights including daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights
- Reading lights, orientation, ignition lock, luggage compartment, footwell, glove compartment and door lightning are all built on LED technology
- Illuminated vanity mirrors in sun visors for driver and passenger
- LED auxiliary light units in the front end with position lights, direction indicators and side indicators
- Taillight strip including integrated parking lights and rear fog-light
- Automatic headlight activation incl. ‘Welcome Home’ lighting
- Three-dimensional LED taillights incl. reversing light and direction indicators as well as integral third brake lights
- Exterior mirrors on door waist rails, electrically adjustable and heatable, aspherical on driver’s side
- Windscreen washer system with aero wiper blades and washer jets
- Comfort and Assistance Systems
- Porsche WET Mode
- Warn and Brake Assist incl. Pedestrian protection
- Keyless drive
- ParkAssist Front and rear including reversing camera
- Electric window lift with one-touch operation and door seal protection
- Cruise control
- Remote control for central locking system and luggage compartment lid release
- 2-zone automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger
- Instrument cluster with central rev counter and two 7-inch TFT displays, 10.9-inch Centre display
- Multifunctional steering wheel with shift paddles and manual height- and reach adjustment
- Front luggage compartment
- Particle/pollen filter with active carbon filter
- Sports seats with electric backrest angle and seat height adjustment and manual adjustment of fore/aft position
- Full-size airbags (two-stage) for driver and front passenger
- Gear indicator in the rev counter
- PDK gear changer lever with automatic mode, manual gear selection via shift paddles at the steering wheel
- Ascending centre console with storage compartment
- Embossed leather on the front centre seat, side bolsters and front-seat headrests
- Smooth-finish leather on the steering wheel rim, door handles, door panel armrests and centre console storage compartment lid
- Storage compartment in each door
- Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP), comprising side impact protection elements in the doors and Head-Thoraxairbag for driver and front passenger
- Glove compartment (lockable) and storage compartment in each door
- Dashboard trim strip, centre console trim and door panel trim strips in Diamar dark silver
- Two individual cupholders (1x as an inlet in the centre console and 1x passenger side)
- Mounting points on passenger seat for ISOFIX child seat mounting system
- Engine immobiliser with remote central locking and alarm system with ultrasonic sound-based interior surveillance
- Green-tinted thermally insulated glass
- Heated rear screen
- Hood lining in black fabric
- Door sill guards with model designation
- 2 USB-C ports in centre console main storage compartment lid, socket (12-volt) in the passenger footwell
- Floor mats
- Clothes hooks on seat backrest
- Seat heating (front)
- Roll-over protection integrated into fixed Targa roll bar
- Audio and communication
- Digital radio
- Sound Package Plus, analogue sound system, 8 loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM), Mobile Phone Preparation, Audio Interfaces, and Voice Control
- Porsche Connect incl. Apple® CarPlay and Android AutoTM
Technical Data of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S
|Engine||Flat-6 with twin-turbo|
|Engine Capacity||2,981 cc|
|Max Output||444 hp (331 kW) / 6,500 rpm|
|Max Torque||530 Nm / 2,300 – 5,000 rpm|
|Acceleration||3.6 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||304 km/h|
|Transmission||8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,519 mm x 2,024 mm x 1,299 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||67 litres|
Porsche 911 Targa 4S Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S!
“The Targa 4S is flat-out gorgeous…”
Read the full review by Motortrend
“It’s the ultimate 911 win-win.”
Read the full review by Cnet
“…none of the competition can come close to matching the Targa’s best-of-both-worlds driving experience.”
Read the full review by Motor1
“It’s still a thrilling sports car through and through…”
Read the full review by Carmagazine
Video Reviews of the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S
NEW Porsche 911 Targa 4S (992): Road Review | Carfection 4K
Porsche 911 992 TARGA 4S | REVIEW on AUTOBAHN [NO SPEED LIMIT] by AutoTopNL
Porsche 911 Targa 4S review – is the Targa the best version of the 992?
History of Porsche 911 Targa 4S
In September 1965, the Porsche 911 Targa made its debut at the Frankfurt International Motor Show as the world’s first safety convertible with a fixed safety or rollover bar. It was Porsche’s response to the growing safety standards for convertibles.
The strange concept, which could be called both a convertible and a coupe, was a real head-turner. When domestic sales manager Harald Wagner advised that the first half of the name “Targa Florio” be retained, he coined the word Targa, which means “license plate.”
Porsche chose Targa rather than ‘911 Flori’ because of the Porsche management team’s success in this iconic road race in Sicily. The optional installation of a fixed glass rear window became standard equipment on the Porsche Targa in 1969.
It was introduced in September 2006 as the sixth 911 generation under the name 997. It benefited from various improvements, including a reduction in weight thanks to the unique glass.
Aside from being lighter, the two-wheel-drive variants were dropped in favour of the all-wheel-drive 911 Targa 4 and 911 Targa 4S. The aluminium trim between the windows and roof and an additional tailgate for added functionality was sure distinguishing features for the 997.
The original style of the Targa roof, which embodies the term “contemporary classic”, was brought back to life by Porsche. It can now be operated electronically at the touch of a button, combining modern technology with traditional elegance.
In addition, the roof automatically retracts in a state-of-the-art action that folds behind the rear seat, dubbed the “Return of the Targa”. The 911 Targa 4 and 4S, which retain the classic Targa roll bar, are examples of the 911’s adaptation to the 992, and the same style as the 992 with its angular hood makes it easily recognised as the latest model.
Since the introduction of the 997 Targa, Porsche has produced 1,760 vehicles worldwide, 800 of which were sold exclusively in the United States. A total of 38,922 911 models have been produced.
Porsche 911 Targa 4S FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche 911 Targa 4S have?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S has a four seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche 911 Targa 4S have?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S has a 2,981 cc engine capacity and has a maximum output of 444 hp and 530 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 3.6 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 304 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S has a fuel tank capacity of 67 litres and fuel consumption of 10.4-11.1-litre per 100 km with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche 911 Targa 4S?