Showcasing a new Targa generation that retains the German brand’s timeless design, the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S boasts its distinctive roll-over bar and iconic flyline combined with the power of a sports car for a more unmistakable performance.
A reliable Flat-6 with twin-turbo engine powers this luxury sports car, producing 444 hp and a maximum torque of 530 Nm. With the help of the 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission, the new Targa 4S accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.8 seconds and reaches a top speed of 304 km/h.
With the comfort and safety of a closed car, the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S is a timeless classic that continues to live up to its heritage as a performance athlete and design icon.
Special Features of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)
Sport Chrono Stopwatch
As part of the Sport Chrono Package, the analogue stopwatch instrument dial in white integrated onboard serves as a performance indicator.
It delivers the information to the PCM to display, save, and evaluate circuit times and times of alternative routes, improving both driving stability and comfort.
14-way Electric Front Sports Seats
Experience a new level of comfortable and relaxed driving with the 14-way electrically adjusted front sports seats of the Targa 4S.
These sports seats automatically adjust the seat height, backrest, lumbar support, seat cushion length and steering column to provide more comfort and support during hard cornering.
It also comes with a memory function for the driver seat that allows you to save your preferred settings to ensure optimum comfort during your daily commute.
20/21inch Carrera Classic Wheels
Featuring a set of one-piece 20-/21-inch exclusive wheels in a classic design, the Porsche 911 Targa 4S leaves a strong impression by incorporating aesthetics and dynamic performance.
Traditionally designed to maintain its sporty look, the Carrera Classic wheels are made from lightweight alloy and are also larger at the rear for sure stability and comfort.
LED Main Headlights
Ensure safe driving as this luxury vehicle comes with the latest lighting technology system that extends your field of vision, especially at night.
It sports LED main headlights with daytime running lights and 4-point LED spotlights, adapting the light intensity and range to the surroundings while reducing the amount of light to avoid dazzling other drivers.
Fully Automatic Roof System
Presenting itself as a modern classic, the new Targa 4S features a fully automatic roof system that comprises a fabric hood with roof shell and integral magnesium elements, and a curved, heatable rear screen in laminated safety glass.
It provides a real spectacle as this roof system is operated through a push of a button, stowing away the convertible top behind the rear seat system when the vehicle is stationary.
Convertible Soft Top
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S offers a versatile and unique styling courtesy of the red convertible soft top.
It complements the sports car’s body colour while allowing you to enjoy the open-air ambience and the surrounding view on every ride.
Interior of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)
First-class Cabin Experience
The 911 Targa 4S features delicate and exquisite materials such as Black and Bordeaux leather upholstery that envelops the interior.
Comfort and convenience are also guaranteed, as it also comes with Porsche Communication Management (PCM) and a 14-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat with a memory package.
Multifunction Steering Wheel
The multifunction steering wheel is covered in natural leather and bears an eye-catching Porsche Crest in the centre, completing the car’s sporty identity.
This feature also comes with mounted shift paddles, enabling faster and more precise shifting with manual height and reach adjustment.
BOSE Surround Sound System
Enjoy a top-quality audio experience as the new Targa 4S features a BOSE surround sound system. It consists of 8 speakers and an amplifier channel 150-watt subwoofer that brings you to new heights of cabin soundscape.
Keeping you up to date with the current and valuable information, Porsche integrated two innovative 7-inch TFT displays on the instrument cluster to provide you with a comfortable driving experience.
It also displays the gear indicator for the PDK, while the fuel gauge provides you with information on speed, distance, fuel and heat, supported by other warning indicators for your safe driving.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Porsche integrated a central control unit for the Targa’s mobile phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control.
This large, high-resolution touchscreen display offers the same efficiency of functions and usage options as your mobile device. With the customisable home screen, you can easily set the functions you prioritise while driving.
2-zone Automatic Climate Control
The 2-zone automatic climate control features separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger with automatic recirculation mode including air quality sensor.
Front occupants can set the temperature, climate style, and air distribution outputs to suit their personal preferences.
Exterior of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)
Unmistakable Porsche DNA
Wrapped in a sleek Crayon exterior paint finish, this four-seater convertible features the iconic design language of the 911 range, highlighted by the characteristic roll bar and innovative roof concept.
It also sports a red convertible soft top and 20/21-inch Carrera Classic wheels, conveying the unmistakable Porsche DNA even when stationary.
Sports Exhaust System
A supercar-like performance is nothing without a powerful exhaust system with an emotive acoustic.
With the latest Porsche 911 Targa 4S, its sports exhaust system features tube tailpipes in silver colour, paying homage to its racetrack origins.
It comes with two catalytic converters and a rear silencer for that remarkable resonance and a genuine Porsche sports car sound.
The ‘PORSCHE’ lettering integrated into the taillight strip is one of the unmistakable features of the 911 range that blends seamlessly between the three-dimensional rear lights.
This state-of-the-art LED technology illuminates both the light strip and the taillights, ensuring that this two-door is easy to spot even at night.
Get more safety when parking and manoeuvring with the ParkAssist system in the front and rear, including a reversing camera, ensuring greater safety, especially in tight spaces.
It features a different camera perspective, discreetly and intelligently installed for a full-view display, including a parking sensor with audible and visual assistance.
Electric-folding Exterior Mirrors
Allowing the drivers to electrically fold in and adjust the exterior mirrors without leaving their seats, the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S features the innovative electric-folding exterior mirrors.
It also makes it easier to manoeuvre in tight spaces and ensure that your exterior mirrors are protected from scratches and damage.
LED Auxiliary Light Units
The LED auxiliary light units are an additional source of lighting and supplement your main headlights to make you more visible on the road.
They include position lights, direction indicators, and side indicators that add extra visual appeal to your exterior profile.
Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon) Specifications
- Exterior Colour
- Convertible soft top, Red
- Interior Colour – Leather (two-tone), Black and Bordeaux
- Exterior – Electric folding exterior mirrors
- Drive train / Chassis
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch, Porsche Track Precision App & tyre temperature display
- Sports Exhaust System in Silver
- Wheels – 20 / 21-inch Carrera Classic wheels
- Lighting and Vision – Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
with integrated rain sensor
- Comfort / Assistance Systems
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- Sports Seats (14-way, electric) with memory package (driver only)
- Sport Chrono Stopwatch instrument dial in White
- Audio and Communication – BOSE Surround Sound System
- Power Unit
- Configuration/number of cylinders – Horizontally opposed 6 cylinder
- Displacement – 2,981 cm3
- Power (PS) – 450 PS
- Maximum power at RPM – 6,500 1/min
- Maximum engine speed – 7,500 1/min
- Max. torque (Nm) – 530 Nm
- Maximum torque at RPM range – 2,300 – 5,000 1/min
- Body Dimensions and Weights
- Length – 4,519 mm
- Width (with mirrors folded) – 1,852 mm
- Width (without mirrors folded) – 2,024 mm
- Height – 1,299 mm
- Wheelbase – 2,450 mm
- Unladen Weight (DIN) – 1,675 kg
- Permissible gross weight – 2,085 kg
- Maximum Payload – 410 kg
- Maximum Permissible Roof Load
- Luggage compartment volumn (front) – 132 l
- Open luggage compartment volume (behind front seats) – 163 l
- Fuel Tank – 67 l
- Top speed – 304 km/h
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h – 3.8 seconds
- Acceletation 0 – 100 km/h with Sport Chrono Package – 3.6 seconds
- 2+2 seater with rear engine
- Intelligent lightweight construction in aluminium and steel composite• Side air intakes at the front with active cooling air flaps and air blades
- Auto-deploying rear spoiler
- Trim on side skirts in Black
- Retractable door handles
- Model designation on rear trim in Light silver
- ‘PORSCHE’ lettering integrated into taillight strip
- Rear lid grille with vertical slats in Silver (high-gloss)
- Fully automatic roof system, comprising a fabric hood with roof shell and integral magnesium elements, and a curved, heatable rear screen in laminated safety glass. Roof operated when vehicle stationery
- Fixed Targa roll bar with trim in aluminium, gills and ‘Targa’ logo
- Wind deflector in windscreen cowl surround
- 20-/21-inch Carrera S wheels with 245/35 ZR 20 front tyres and 305/30 ZR 21 rear tyres
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPM)
- Drivetrain and Chassis
- 6-cylinder boxer engine with twin-turbo, displacement: 3.0 litres, maximum power output: 331 kW (450 PS), maximum torque: 530 Nm
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) – 8-speed dual-clutch transmission with manual control via gearshift paddle at the steering wheel. Includes an automatic mode
- McPherson-front axle with anti-roll bar
- Multi-link rear axle with anti-roll bar
- 6-piston, aluminium fixed monobloc brake callipers at front and 4-piston, aluminium fixed monobloc brake callipers at the rear, brake discs with 350 mm diameter at front and rear, internally vented and cross-drilled, brake callipers Red
- All-wheel drive with map-controlled multi-plate clutch Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
- SPORT button to activate dynamic driving settings for engine and transmission
- Aluminium engine block and cylinder heads
- Electromechanical power steering with variable steering ratio and steering pulse generator
- Water-cooled engine with thermal management
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Stationary management with HOLD function
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) incl. ABS with extended brake functions
- 2 turbochargers, 2 intercoolers
- Auto start/stop function
- Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- VarioCam Plus variable valve timing and lift
- Integrated dry-sump lubrication with an on-demand controlled oil pump
- Two 3-way catalytic converters and on-board diagnostics for monitoring emission control system
- 2 gasoline particulate filters (GPF)
- Expansion intake manifold
- Exhaust system with 2 dual-tube tailpipe trims fixed to the bumper in silver stainless steel (high-gloss)
- Electrically operated parking brake
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) in conjunction with PDK includes fully variable electronically controlled rear differential lock and fully variable torque distribution
- Lights and vision
- LED main headlights including daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights
- Reading lights, orientation, ignition lock, luggage compartment, footwell, glove compartment and door lightning are all built on LED technology
- Illuminated vanity mirrors in sun visors for driver and passenger
- LED auxiliary light units in the front end with position lights, direction indicators and side indicators
- Taillight strip including integrated parking lights and rear fog-light
- Automatic headlight activation incl. ‘Welcome Home’ lighting
- Three-dimensional LED taillights incl. reversing light and direction indicators as well as integral third brake lights
- Exterior mirrors on door waist rails, electrically adjustable and heatable, aspherical on driver’s side
- Windscreen washer system with aero wiper blades and washer jets
- Comfort and assistance systems
- Porsche WET Mode
- Warn and Brake Assist incl. Pedestrian protection
- Keyless drive
- ParkAssist Front and rear including reversing camera
- Electric window lifts with one-touch operation and door seal protection
- Cruise control
- Remote control for central locking system and luggage compartment lid release
- 2-zone automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger
- Instrument cluster with central rev counter and two 7-inch TFT displays, 10.9-inch Center display
- Multifunctional steering wheel with shift paddles and manual height- and reach adjustment
- Front luggage compartment
- Particle/pollen filter with active carbon filter
- Sports seats with electric backrest angle and seat height adjustment and manual adjustment of fore/aft position
- Full-size airbags (two-stage) for driver and front passenger
- Gear indicator in the rev counter
- PDK Gear changer lever with automatic mode, manual gear selection via shift paddles at the steering wheel
- Ascending centre console with storage compartment
- Embossed leather on the front centre seat, side bolsters and front-seat headrests
- Smooth-finish leather on the steering wheel rim, door handles, door panel armrests and centre console storage compartment lid
- Storage compartment in each door
- Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP), comprising side impact protection elements in the doors and Head-Thorax airbag for driver and front passenger
- Glove compartment (lockable) and storage compartment in each door
- Dashboard trim strip, centre console trim and door panel trim strips in Diamar dark silver
- Two individual cupholders (1x as an inlet in the centre console and 1x passenger side)
- Mounting points on the passenger seat for ISOFIX child seat mounting system
- Engine immobiliser with remote central locking and alarm system with ultrasonic sound-based interior surveillance
- Green-tinted thermally insulated glass
- Heated rear screen
- Hood lining in black fabric
- Door sill guards with model designation
- 2 USB-C ports in centre console main storage compartment lid, socket (12-volt) in the passenger footwell
- Floor mats
- Clothes hooks on seat backrest
- Seat heating (front)
- Roll-over protection integrated into fixed Targa roll bar
- Audio and communication
- Digital radio
- Sound Package Plus, analogue sound system, 8 loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM), Mobile Phone Preparation, audio interfaces and Voice Control
- Porsche Connect incl. Apple® CarPlay and Android AutoTM
Technical Data of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)
|Engine||Flat-6 with twin-turbo|
|Engine Capacity||2,981 cc|
|Max Output||444 hp (331 kW) / 6,500 rpm|
|Max Torque||530 Nm / 2,300 – 5,000 rpm|
|Acceleration||3.8 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||304 km/h|
|Transmission||8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,519 mm x 2,024 mm x 1,299 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||67 L|
360 Tour of the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)
Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon) Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)!
“The Targa 4S is flat-out gorgeous…”
Read the full review by Motortrend
“It’s the ultimate 911 win-win.”
Read the full review by Cnet
“…none of the competition can come close to matching the Targa’s best-of-both-worlds driving experience.”
Read the full review by Motor1
“It’s still a thrilling sports car through and through…”
Read the full review by Carmagazine
Video Reviews of the new Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)
NEW Porsche 911 Targa 4S (992): Road Review | Carfection 4K
Porsche 911 992 TARGA 4S | REVIEW on AUTOBAHN [NO SPEED LIMIT] by AutoTopNL
Porsche 911 Targa 4S review – is the Targa the best version of the 992?
History of Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)
In September 1965, the Porsche 911 Targa celebrated its debut at the Frankfurt International Motor Show in Frankfurt as the world’s first safety cabriolet with a fixed safety or roll-over bar. The 911 Targa was Porsche’s answer to the growing safety standards for convertibles.
The strange concept, which could be called a cabriolet or a coupé, was a real eye-catcher. When the head of domestic sales Harald Wagner advised keeping the first half of the name “Targa Florio”, he coined the word Targa, which means “number plate”.
Porsche decided on Targa rather than ‘911 Flori’ because the Porsche Management Team had achieved success in this iconic road race in Sicily. The optional installation of a fixed glass rear window became standard equipment on the Porsche Targa in 1969.
It was introduced in September 2006 as the sixth 911 generation under the name 997. It benefited from various improvements, including a reduction in weight thanks to the unique glass.
Apart from being lighter, the two-wheel-drive variants were abandoned in favour of the all-wheel-drive 911 Targa 4 and 911 Targa 4S. The aluminium strips between the windows and roof and an additional tailgate for added functionality were a sure way to identify the 997.
The original style of the Targa roof, which embodies the term “contemporary classic”, was brought back to life by Porsche. The famous Targa roof can now be operated electronically at the touch of a button, combining modern technology with traditional elegance.
In addition, the roof is automatically retracted in a state-of-the-art action that folds behind the rear seat, dubbed the “Return of the Targa”. The 911 Targa 4 and 4S, which retain the classic Targa roll bar, are examples of the 911’s adaptation to the 992, with the same style as the 992, with the angular bonnet, making it easily recognisable as the latest model.
The twin-turbo flat-six rear engine in the 911 Targa 4 produces 379 hp and reaches a top speed of 189 mph. With its power and style, it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.8 seconds, making it a style icon.
Since the launch of the 997 Targa, Porsche has produced 1,760 vehicles worldwide, 800 of which were sold exclusively in the United States. A total of 38,922 911 models have been produced.
Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon) FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon) have?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon) has a four seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon) have?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon) has a 2,981 cc engine capacity and has a maximum output of 444 hp and 530 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 3.8 s, it can reach the top speed of 304 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon) has a fuel tank capacity of 67 litres and fuel consumption of 10.4-11.1-litre per 100 km with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche 911 Targa 4S (Crayon)?