Boasting the iconic Targa roof design for a refreshing open-air experience, the new Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) is introduced to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legendary 911 Targa series. With a sleek design and all-rounded features, from the 480 hp six-cylinder boxer engine to the all-wheel-drive traction, automatic transmission and adaptive suspension, this coupe-convertible hybrid is a stylish sports car, suitable for practical, everyday use.
To power up this open-top cabriolet, a sturdy 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder boxer engine with a twin-turbo is paired with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission with a dual-mass flywheel to unleash a blistering 480 PS and 570 Nm of maximum torque.
Classic, sporty and progressive, the new Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) is effortlessly elegant and intuitive to drive on the road, making it the ultimate choice for a smooth journey with an open-top sports car.
Special Features of the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Get the most of your time navigating behind the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS wheels courtesy of the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) paired with a high-resolution touchscreen display.
It includes mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces, and a voice control system, allowing you to access smartphone apps easily, make phone calls, send messages, and stream music without causing any distraction on the road.
4-way Electric Sports Seats Plus
Experience ride comfort at a whole new level with the sports seats plus, integrated into the new 911 Targa 4 GTS, which allows you to adjust the fore/aft direction, height, and tilt of the backrest.
It includes 4-way electrically adjustable comfort seats that offer generous seating comfort for both front seats, allowing individual seat configurations as well as steering wheel and mirror preferences.
These sports seats come with headrests embroidered with the elegant ‘GTS’ logo in black.
Sports Exhaust System
Supercar-like performance is nothing without a powerful exhaust system with a modified silencer.
This open-top convertible features a sports exhaust system with two oval tailpipes made of high-gloss black stainless steel, a tribute to its origins on the racetrack.
It is equipped with two catalytic converters and a rear silencer for remarkable resonance and a true Porsche sports car sound.
20-/21-inch Turbo S wheels
Featuring a set of 20-/21-inch Turbo S wheels in a classic design, the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS wheels are painted in Satin Platinum making a strong impression by combining aesthetics and dynamic performance.
The larger rear wheels provide stability and comfort that are made from forged alloy with hubs featuring a coloured Porsche Crest for a traditional sporty look.
Fully Automatic Roof System
This coupe-convertible hybrid sports a dynamic feature that adds up to its sporty and authoritative profile even at a standstill.
It sports a fully automatic roof system that can be operated when the vehicle is stationary, allowing you to automatically open and close the roof in 19 seconds.
The 911 Targa 4 GTS also comes with a fabric hood with roof shell and integral magnesium elements, and a curved, heatable rear screen in laminated safety glass.
Tinted LED Main Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Transforming your main headlights into active assistants, the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS is equipped with the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus, which transforms your main headlights into active assistants.
This system does everything to ensure a relaxed and safe drive. Depending on the steering angle and vehicle speed, the dynamic cornering light swivels the main headlights into the curve.
It also provides better visibility and detects oncoming vehicles.
Interior of the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)
The Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS welcomes you with a world of sports car ergonomics combined with clean, refined lines and large integrated displays highlighted by a Race-Tex interior package in black, two 7-inch TFT instrument panels and a high-resolution 10.9-inch touchscreen in the centre dashboard.
Keyless and 4-way power-adjustable sports seats plus, embroidered with the ‘GTS’ logo in black provide maximum level comfort and convenience in every adventure.
Door Sill Guards
The latest Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS comes with a model designated door sill guard made of black aluminium.
This makes getting in and out of the car an experience in itself. Its high-quality stainless steel door sill protectors feature eye-catching lettering “911 Targa 4 GTS”.
Sport Chrono Stopwatch
As part of the Sport Chrono Package, the digital and analogue stopwatch instrument dial integrated onboard serves as a performance indicator.
It delivers the information to the PCM to display, save and evaluate circuit times and times of alternative routes, improving both driving stability and ride comfort.
The Sport Chrono Package includes the Porsche Track Precision App for measuring lap times and driving data.
Multifunction GT Sports Steering Wheel
Delivering a motorsport look and feel, the 911 Targa 4 GTS sports a multifunction GT steering wheel in Race-Tex upholstery with a black painted spoke and a small diameter.
This steering wheel also features touch control buttons for audio, telephony and other in-car power features for a seamless operation in every drive.
Sport Chrono Package
The Sport Chrono Package boosts the 911 Targa 4 GTS’ primary strength and endurance while also including innovative features such as a mode switch.
When you press this button, the engine and transmission rotate for about 20 seconds, unleashing a massive amount of power to ensure maximum speed and response.
Porsche Track Precision App & tyre temperature display are also on the list.
Sound Package Plus
Designed to give you a superior sound experience, the Sound Package Plus enhances the entertainment and enjoyment of every adventure you take.
It features 8 fully active speakers and a patented 150-watt active subwoofer, optimally tuned to the interior acoustics of the sports car.
Exterior of the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)
The 911 Targa 4 GTS features a stylish SportDesign package with black accents, a fully automatic soft top and a fixed Targa roll bar in black with aluminium trim that emphasises its presence on the road.
A set of striking 20/21-inch Turbo S wheels in Satin Black and an eye-catching rear lid grille complete its sporty and athletic profile, conveying a timeless design concept of the German brand.
Showcasing an all-LED technology system, the new Targa 4 GTS comes with an exclusive design taillight strip with clear LED taillights, which complement the sporty look at the rear.
These taillights are particularly useful in the event of a sudden stop or emergency braking, as they notify the other driver behind you.
No more fumbling with keys as the KEYLESS-drive feature allows you to unlock your 911 Targa 4 GTS doors and even start the engine with just a push of a button.
With the key close to you, the system automatically reads the key’s encrypted access code. Upon validating the code, it automatically unlocks the doors, and you’re ready to go.
Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors
With the integrated electric folding function, you can conveniently adjust your exterior mirrors without leaving your seat.
This allows you to fold and tilt your exterior mirrors when things get tight to avoid damage to the mirror housing.
Park like a pro and avoid unnecessary accidents when manoeuvring with the ParkAssist function, which offers audible warnings and a visual warning on the central display.
The function also offers 360° all-round visibility provided by surround-view cameras to make manoeuvring easier.
Rear Lid Grille
The rear lid grille has a practical and striking aesthetic on the rear profile that comes with vertical slats in satin black.
It supplies the engine with fresh air to help keep its high-performance on the move. It also accommodates the vertically aligned third brake light for added visibility and safety.
Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) Specifications
Technical data [8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)]
- Power unit
- Configuration/number of cylinders Horizontally opposed 6 cylinder
- Displacement 2,981 cm³
- Power (PS) 480 PS
- Maximum power at RPM 6,500 1/min
- Maximum engine speed 7,500 1/min
- Max. torque (Nm) 570 Nm
- Maximum torque at RPM range 2,300 – 5,000 1/min
- Consumption (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined* (model range) 25.0 – 25.7 mpg
- CO2 emissions combined 251 g/km
- Emission standard Euro 6d-ISC-FCM
- Fuel consumption combined 25.4 mpg (UK)
- CO2 emissions combined* (model range) 257 – 251 g/km
- Body dimensions and weights
- Length 4,533 mm
- Width (with mirrors folded) 1,852 mm
- Width (without mirrors folded) 2,024 mm
- Height 1,299 mm
- Wheelbase 2,450 mm
- Unladen weight (DIN) 1,685 kg
- Permissible gross weight 2,085 kg
- Maximum payload 400 kg
- Luggage compartment volume (front) 132 litres
- Open luggage compartment volume (behind front seats) 163 l
- Fuel tank 67 litres
- Top speed 191 mph
- Acceleration 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) with Sport Chrono Package 3.5 secs
- Service and Warrant
- Warranty period 3 Years
- Main service interval every 20,000 miles / 2 years
- SportDesign Package – front apron in a distinctive design, partially painted in Black (matt), front spoiler in distinctive design painted in Black (matt), rear apron in distinctive design
- 2+2 seater with rear engine
- Intelligent lightweight construction in aluminium and steel composite
- Auto-deploying rear spoiler
- Trim on side skirts in Black
- Model designation on rear trim in Satin Black
- ‘PORSCHE’ lettering in Black integrated into taillight strip
- Rear lid grille with vertical slats in Satin Black
- Exterior mirror lower-trim painted in exterior colour
- Fully automatic roof system, comprising a fabric hood with roof shell and integral magnesium elements, and a curved, heatable rear screen in laminated safety glass. Roof operated when vehicle stationery
- Wind deflector in windscreen cowl surround
- Fixed Targa roll bar with trim in aluminium painted in black, gills and ‘Targa’ logo in black
- Roll-over protection integrated into fixed Targa roll bar
- Drivetrain and Chassis
- 6-cylinder boxer engine with twin-turbo, displacement: 3.0 litres, maximum power output: 353 kW (480 PS), maximum torque: 570 Nm
- Aluminium engine block and cylinder heads
- 2 turbochargers, 2 intercoolers
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with dual-mass flywheel
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) in conjunction with PDK includes a fully variable electronically controlled rear differential lock and fully variable torque distribution
- All-wheel drive with map-controlled multi-plate clutch Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) – Electronically variable active damping system with two manually selectable modes (‘Normal’; and ‘Sport’)
- Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch, Porsche Track Precision App & tyre temperature display
- Sports exhaust system with modified silencer and two oval tailpipe trims in black stainless steel (high-gloss)
- McPherson-front axle with anti-roll bar
- Multi-link rear axle with anti-roll bar
- Brake system – Front: 6-piston aluminium monobloc fixed callipers with 408 mm cross-drilled and internally vented brake discs. Rear: 4-piston aluminium monobloc fixed callipers with 380 mm cross-drilled and internally vented brake discs
- Brake callipers in Red
- Power steering – Electromechanical with variable steering ratio and steering pulse generator
- Water-cooled engine with thermal management, 4 valves per cylinder
- Stationary management with HOLD function
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) incl. ABS with extended brake functions
- Auto start/stop function
- Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- VarioCam Plus variable valve timing and lift
- Dry-sump lubrication
- Catalytic converter
- 2 gasoline particulate filters (GPF)
- Expansion intake manifold
- Electrically operated parking brake
- 20-/21-inch Turbo S wheels painted in Satin Black
- Front: 8,5 J x 20-inch Turbo S wheels with 245/35 ZR 20 tyres
- Rear: 11.5 J x 21-inch Turbo S wheels with 305/30 ZR 21
- Forged alloy wheels with central locking in Satin Black, wheel hub cover with coloured Porsche crest
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPM)
- Lights and vision
- Tinted LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Interior LED lighting: Reading lights, orientation, ignition lock, luggage compartment, footwell, glove compartment and door lightning
- Illuminated vanity mirrors in sun visors for driver and passenger
- LED auxiliary light units in the front end with position lights, direction indicators and side indicators
- Taillight strip with clear LED taillights including integrated parking lights and rear fog-light
- Automatic headlight activation incl. ‘Welcome Home’ lighting
- Windscreen washer system with aero wiper blades and washer jets
- Comfort and assistance systems
- Cruise control
- ParkAssist Front and rear including reversing camera
- Emergency call system eCall
- Warn and Brake Assist incl. Pedestrian protection
- Keyless drive
- Electric window lifts with one-touch operation and door seal protection
- Remote control for central locking system and luggage compartment lid release
- Full-size airbags (two-stage) for driver and front passenger
- Race-Tex interior package in black
- Black interior with selected items in Black Race-Tex: seat centres front and rear, door handles, door panel armrests, steering wheel rim, gear lever/selector and centre console main storage compartment lid (partially)
- Multifunction GT Sports Steering Wheel Race-Tex
- Dashboard trim strip, centre console trim and door panel trim strips in Black, inlays in brushed aluminium, black
- Sports seats Plus, electrical 4-way with headrests embroidered with ‘GTS’ logo in Black
- Seat heating (front)
- 2-zone automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger, automatic air-recirculation mode incl. air quality sensor
- Particle/pollen filter with active carbon filter
- Instrument cluster with central rev counter and two 7-inch TFT displays, 10.9-inch Centre display
- Gear indicator in the rev counter
- Ascending centre console with storage compartment
- Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP), comprising side impact protection elements in the doors and Head-Thorax airbag for driver and front passenger
- Storage compartment in each door
- Glove compartment (lockable) and storage compartment in each door
- Two individual cupholders (1x as an inlet in the centre console and 1x passenger side)
- Mounting points on the passenger seat for ISOFIX child seat mounting system
- Engine immobiliser with remote central locking and alarm system with ultrasonic sound-based interior surveillance
- Green-tinted thermally insulated glass
- Heated rear screen
- Door sill guards with a model designation in brushed aluminium, black
- 2 USB-C ports in centre console main storage compartment lid, socket (12-volt) in the passenger footwell
- Floor mats
- Electrically operated rear side windows
- Audio and communication
- Digital radio
- Sound Package Plus, analogue sound system, 8 loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including Online Navigation¹, Mobile Phone Preparation, Audio Interfaces and Voice Control
- Porsche Connect online navigation (see Porsche Communication Management), music streaming and online radio, Remote Services and a wide range of other Porsche Connect Services
- Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (PVTS) – Note: To use the PVTS, you need to purchase the Car Security Package from the Porsche Connect Store. For further information on follow-on costs, please visit www.porsche.com/connect or consult your Porsche Centre.
- Smartphone Integration incl. Apple® CarPlay and Android Auto™
- Exterior Colour
- Jet Black Metallic
- Convertible top in red
- Interior Colour – GTS interior package
- Exterior Package Painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Electric folding exterior mirrors ‘PORSCHE’ logo LED door
- ‘PORSCHE’ Logo painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Model Designation painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Drivetrain and Chassis – 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Wheels – 20-/21-inch Turbo S wheels painted in Satin Black
- Lighting and Vision
- Exclusive Design Taillights
- Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
- Windscreen with grey top-tint Privacy Glass
- Comfort and assistance systems – ParkAssist including Surround View
- Sports seats Plus, (4-way electric)
- Rev counter in Carmine Red
- Interior Race-Tex
- Heated Multifunction GT Sports Steering Wheel Race-Tex with Steering Wheel Panel Carbon matt
- Interior Carbon – Extended Interior Package in matt carbon
- Audio and communication – BOSE® Surround Sound System
Technical Data of the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)
|Engine Capacity||2,981 cc|
|Max Output||480 PS|
|Max Torque||570 Nm|
|Acceleration||3.5 secs 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h)|
|Top Speed||191 mph|
|Transmission||8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,533 mm x 2,024 mm x 1,299 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||67 litres|
360 Tour of the new Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)
Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)!
“…the 2022 911 Targa 4 GTS’ cabin is gorgeous, simple yet purposeful, mostly comfortable and of super-high quality.”
Read the full review by Cnet
“The GTS badge brings a lot more fun and power to the table.”
Read the full review by Hotcars
Video Reviews of the new Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)
PORSCHE 911 992 Targa 4 GTS | REVIEW on AUTOBAHN by AutoTopNL
2022 Targa 4 GTS 992! What more could you want?!
The 2022 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS Is Fast Access To Sun And Fun
The 2022 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS is happiness distilled into four wheels
History of Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)
In September 1965, the Porsche 911 Targa celebrated its debut at the Frankfurt International Motor Show. It is the world’s first safety cabriolet with a fixed safety or roll-over bar. The 911 Targa was Porsche’s answer to the growing safety standards for convertibles. The strange concept, which could be called a cabriolet or a coupé, was a real eye-catcher.
When the head of domestic sales Harald Wagner advised keeping the first half of the name “Targa Florio”, he coined the word Targa, which means “number plate”. Porsche decided on Targa rather than ‘911 Flori’ because the Porsche Management Team had achieved success in this iconic road race in Sicily. The optional installation of a fixed glass rear window became standard equipment on the Porsche Targa in 1969.
It was introduced in September 2006 as the sixth 911 generation under the name 997. It has benefited from various improvements, including a reduction in weight thanks to the unique glass. Apart from being lighter, the two-wheel-drive variants were abandoned in favour of the all-wheel-drive 911 Targa 4, 4S and GTS.
The aluminium strips between the windows and roof and an additional tailgate for added functionality were a sure way to identify the 997. The original style of the Targa roof, which embodies the term “contemporary classic”, was brought back to life by Porsche.
Its famous Targa roof can now be operated electronically at the touch of a button, combining modern technology with traditional elegance. In addition, the roof is automatically retracted in a state-of-the-art action that folds behind the rear seat, dubbed the “Return of the Targa”.
The twin-turbo boxer engine in the 911 Targa 4 produces 379 hp and reaches a top speed of 189 mph. With its power and style, it accelerates from 0 to 62 mph in just 3.8 seconds, making it a style icon.
Since the launch of the Targa, Porsche has produced 1,760 vehicles worldwide, 800 of which were sold exclusively in the United States out of a total of 38,922 911 models that have been produced.
Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) have?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) has a four seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) have?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) has a 2,981 cc engine capacity and has a maximum output of 480 PS and 570 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 3.5 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 191 mph.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic) has a fuel tank capacity of 67 litres and fuel consumption of 25.0-25.7 mpg with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS (Jet Black Metallic)?