With its elegant body design, technology-laden interior and dynamic handling, the new Porsche 911 Carrera offers first-class comfort and balanced performance all wrapped in a sporty-looking Racing Yellow.
The luxury sports car boasts an outstanding system output of 379 hp and a maximum torque of 450 Nm. Equipped with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission, the new 911 Carrera accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in just 4.0 seconds and reaches a top speed of 291 km/h. Another highlight is the all-wheel drive, which ensures even better driving characteristics.
The new Porsche 911 Carrera is agile and fast, but also offers unparalleled comfort, perfect for daily driving.
Special Features of the Porsche 911 Carrera
Sport Chrono Stopwatch
As part of the Sport Chrono Package, the digital and analogue stopwatch instrument dial racing yellow integrated onboard serves as a performance indicator.
It delivers the information to the PCM to display, save, and evaluate circuit times and times of alternative routes. It improves both driving stability and rides comfort.
The Sport Chrono Package includes the Porsche Track Precision App for measuring lap times and driving data.
BOSE Surround Sound System
BOSE Surround Sound System is a fun companion in any adventure you take, providing a high-quality audio experience.
It consists of 12 speakers complete with 100-watt subwoofers, plus 570 watts output, perfectly tuned to the distinct interior of the new Carrera.
Sports Exhaust System
Providing a unique and striking sports character, the sports tailpipes in black complements the timeless sports car stance of this particular 911.
Partnered with Porsche’s excellent exhaust system, it acts more than just an aesthetic accessory but also a practical component for the 911’s impressive performance.
No more fumbling with keys, the KEYLESS-GO feature allows you to unlock your Carrera’s doors and even start the engine with just a push of a button.
With the key close to you, the system automatically reads the key’s encrypted access code. Upon validating the code, it will electrically unlock the doors, and you’re ready to go.
8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
The 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) features two gearboxes that enable short switching times with no power flow interruptions.
It offers exceptional sporty tuning in gears one to six. Each gear also has a Sports ratio, with the sixth gear enabling the top speed. This transmission gives you a balance of comfort, performance, and efficiency.
Sport Chrono Package
Increasing the raw power and stamina of the Carrera, the Sport Chrono Package gives you plenty of innovative features such as SPORT response.
Pressing this button rotates the engine and transmission for about 20 seconds to unleash a vast amount of power to ensure optimum speed and reaction.
Sport Chrono Package includes Mode Switch, Porsche Track Precision App & Tyre Temperature Display.
Interior of the Porsche 911 Carrera
The leather interior enhances the grand design of the Porsche 911 Carrera, such as the leather-covered steering wheel with a cross-stitched seam pattern.
A smooth and polished surface of the leather seats increases comfort level, while its pleasing ambience makes this car a genuine Porsche.
Porsche Crest on Headrests
The interior of the new Carrera is an undeniable combination of luxury and sportiness, courtesy of the leather seat upholstery and integrated Porsche crest on its headrests.
It exudes a powerful and elegant statement that sits just right behind your head.
Multifunctional Sports Steering Wheel
This feature incorporates gear shift paddles to allow fast and precise shifting in manual mode while also providing easy access to audio, phone, and navigation functions.
The Mode-Switch SPORT button offers five driving modes: Regular, SPORT, SPORT PLUS, Individual, and WET modes. The Porsche Crest sits at the small centre, completing the steering wheel’s sporty and luxurious design.
As part of the overall horizontal orientation of the Carrera’s interior, the dashboard includes a purposely analogue rev counter as the centrepiece.
Two high-resolution 7-inch TFT displays sit on the counter’s left and right sides, providing all other car information you need.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Get the most of your time navigating behind the Porsche 911 Carrera wheels courtesy of the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) paired with a high-resolution touch display.
It includes an online navigation module, mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces, and a voice control system, allowing you to access smartphone apps easily, make phone calls, send messages, and stream music without causing any distraction on the road.
Adaptive Sports Seats Plus
Experience driving comfort to a whole new level with the comfort memory package, which provides fore-and-aft, height and squab, and backrest angle setting.
Such 18-way electric comfort seat configurations offer generous seating comfort for both seats in the front and store individual sitting configuration and steering wheels and mirror preferences.
Exterior of the Porsche 911 Carrera
20-/21-inch RS Spyder Design Wheels
Featuring a set of one-piece alloy wheels in a five-spoke classic design, the new Carrera leaves a strong impression by incorporating aesthetics and dynamic performance.
Carrera Classic Wheels is where the larger rear wheels ensure stability and comfort. It is made from lightweight alloy, traditionally designed to have that sporty look.
LED Light Strip
One of the standard yet distinctive features of the Porsche 911 Carrera is the flawless light strip sitting between the three-dimensional taillights.
The state-of-the-art LED technology illuminates both the light strip and taillights, ensuring that the Porsche Carrera is noticeable even at night.
This taillight strip is visible along with the “PORSCHE” lettering, integral parking lights, and rear driving lights.
LED Auxiliary Light Units
A backup source of illumination, the LED auxiliary light units complement and supplement your main headlights, making you more visible on the road.
It comprises position lights, direction indicators, and side indicators that add a visual highlight to your exterior profile.
Electric Glass Sunroof
Showcasing high-end technology, the electric slide or tilt glass sunroof provides a great view of the sky while focusing on what lies ahead.
This glass roof enables you to enjoy a great panoramic view but keeps you well protected from the heat elements simultaneously as it comes with a roll-up blind which shields you from strong sunlight.
It also boasts a modern, open look and gives the interior light.
LED Matrix Main Headlights
Porsche now expands your field of view, particularly at night, by using the latest light technology.
Included in the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PLDS), the LED matrix main headlights intelligently became active assistants, ensuring your safety at any time of day and in any weather condition.
High-gloss Black Cover Grille
A practical and striking aesthetic on the rear profile, the rear lid grille comes with vertical slats in high-gloss black. It supplies the engine with fresh air to help keep its high-performance on the move.
It also accommodates the vertically aligned third brake light for added visibility and safety.
Porsche 911 Carrera Specifications
- Exterior Colour – Racing Yellow
- Interior Colour – Leather Interior, Black
- Electric Slide/Tilt Glass Sunroof
- SportDesign Front Apron
- SportDesign Side Skirts
- ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy
- ‘911’ Logo Painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Drive train / Chassis
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Sport Chrono Package incl. Mode Switch, Porsche Track Precision App & Tyre Temperature Display
- Sports Exhaust System (tailpipes in Black)
- Power Steering Plus
- Lifting System Front Axle
- 20-/21-inch RS Spyder Design Wheels
- Lighting and Vision
- LED Matrix Main Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Automatically Dimming Interior and Exterior Mirrors with integrated Windscreen with Grey Top-tint
- Comfort / Assistance Systems
- Lane Change Assist
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- ParkAssist including Surround View
- Light Design Package
- Adaptive Sports Seat Plus, Electrical 18 – ways with Memory Package
- GT Sports Steering Wheel in Leather
- Storage Package
- Seat Belts Racing Yellow
- Sport Chrono Stopwatch instrument Dial Racing Yellow
- Interior Leather
- Porsche Crest on Storage Compartment Lid
- Porsche Crest on Headrests
- Audio and Communication
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- Power Unit
- Configuration / number of cylinders – Horizontally opposed 6 cylinder
- Displacement – 2,981 cm3
- Power (PS) – 385 PS
- Maximum Power at RPM – 6,500
- Maximum Engine Speed – 7,500
- Maximum Torque (Nm) – 450 Nm
- Maximum torque at RPM range – 1,950 – 5,000 1/min
- Body Dimensions and Weights
- Length – 4,519 mm
- Width (with mirrors folded) – 1,852 mm
- Width (without mirrors folded) – 2,024 mm
- Height – 1,298 mm
- Wheelbase – 2,450 mm
- Unladen Weight (DIN) – 2,015 kg
- Permissible Gross Weight – 1,960 kg
- Maximum Payload – 455 kg
- Maximum ermissible Roof Load – 75 kg
- Luggage Compartment Volume (front) – 132l
- Open Luggage Compartment Volume (behind front seats) – 264l
- Fuel Tank – 64l
- Top Speed – 292 km/h
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h – 4.2 secs
- Acceletation 0 – 100 km/h with Sport Chrono Package – 4.0
- Power Unit
- Six-cylinder Horizontally Opposed Aluminium Twin-turbocharged Engine, displacement: 3.0 litres, Maximum Power Output: 283 kW (385 PS), Maximum Torque: 450 Nm
- Emission Standard: Euro 6d ISC-FCM (AP)
- Power Unit Features
- Aluminium Black and Cylinder Heads
- Water-cooled with Thermal Management
- Four Valves per Cylinder
- Two Turbochargers, Two Intercoolers
- Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- VarioCam Plus Variable Valve Timing and Lift
- Integrated Dry-sump Lubrication with an On-demand Oil Pump
- Two Three-way Catalytic Converters and On-board Diagnostics for Monitoring Emission Control System
- Two Gasoline Particulate Filters
- Expansion Intake Manifold
- Exhaust System with Two Single-tube Tailpipes (in stainless steel)
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Stationary Management with HOLD Function
- Rear-wheel Drive
- Auto Start/Stop Function
- McPherson-strut Suspension with Anti-roll Bar at Front
- Multi-link Suspension with Anti-roll Bar at Rear
- Electromechanical Power-assisted Steering with Variable Steering Ratio and Steering Pulse Generator
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) including ABS with Extended Brake Functions
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- 8.5 J x 19-inch Carrera wheels with 235/40 ZR19 tyres at front 11.5 J x 20-inch Carrera wheels with 295/35 ZR20 tyres at the rear
- Tyre pressure monitoring (TPM)
- Four-piston Aluminium Monobloc Fixed Brake Calipers at Front and Rear, Brake Calipers with Black Finish
- Brake Discs with 330mm diameter at front and rear, internally vented and cross-drilled
- Electric Parking Brake
- Electromechanical Power Brake
- SPORT button to activate dynamic driving settings for engine and transmission
- 2+2 Seater with Rear Engine
- Intelligent Lightweight Construction in aluminium and steel composite
- Side Air Intakes at the front with active cooling flaps and air blades
- Electrically Operated, Fully Automatic Fabric Roof with three integral magnesium elements and a rigid glass rear screen, operable to up approx. 30 mph, convenient operation by key remote
- Integral Electrically Powered Wind Deflector
- Auto-deploying Rear Spoiler
- Trims on Side Skirts in Black
- Retractable Door Handles
- Model Designation on rear trim in Silver Colour (high-gloss)
- “PORSCHE” Lettering integrated into Taillight Strip
- Engine Compartment Cover Grille with vertical slats in black (high-gloss)
- Lighting and Visibility
- LED Main Headlights including Daytime Running Lights with 4-point LED Spotlights
- LED Auxiliary Light Units in a front apron with position lights, direction indicators, and side indicators
- Taillight Strip including Integral Parking Lights and Rear Driving Lights
- Automatic Headlight Activation including “Welcome Home” Lighting
- Three-dimensional LED Taillights and Integral Third Brake Light
- Exterior Mirrors on Door Waist Rails, electrically adjustable and heatable, aspherical on driver’s side
- Windscreen Washer System with Aero Wiper Blades and Washer Jets
- Sports seats in front with Electric Backrest Angle and Seat Height Adjustment and Manual Adjustment of fore/aft Position
- Split-folding Rear Seats
- Heated Front Seats
- Air Conditioning and Glazing
- Two-zone Automatic Climate Control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger, Automatic Air-recirculation Mode including air quality sensor
- Particle/pollen filter with active carbon filter
- Green-tinted Thermally Insulated Glass
- Power Windows with one-touch operation and door-seal protection
- Heated Rear Screen
- Safety and security
- Full-size Airbags (two-stage) for driver and front passenger
- Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP), comprising side impact protection elements in the doors and head/thorax airbag for driver and front passenger
- Warn and Brake Assist with integrated front cameras
- Mounting Points on the front passenger seat for ISOFIX child seat mounting system
- Engine Immobilizer with remote control central locking and alarm system with ultrasonic sound-based interior surveillance
- Auto-deploying Roll-over Protection System
- Assistance systems
- Porsche WET Mode
- Warn and Brake Assist
- Keyless Go
- ParkAssist (front and rear) including Reversing Camera
- Cruise Control
- Instrument Cluster with Central Analogue rev Counter and two 7-inch TFT Displays
- Digital Display for selected gear in the rev counter
- 10.9-inch Centre Display
- Leather Interior
- Multifunction Steering Wheel with shift paddles and manual height/reach adjustment
- PDK Gear Selector with automatic mode, manual gear selection via shift paddles on the steering wheel
- Interior Trim Package in Diamar Darksilver
- Hood Lining in black fabric
- 12-volt Socket in the front passenger footwell
- Door Sill Guards with model designation
- Floor Mats
- Audio and Communication
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including Online Navigation module, mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control system
- Sound Package Plus, 8 loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- Digital radio
- Porsche Connect Plus, Apple CarPlay
- Two USB Charging and Connectivity Ports in the front entre console storage compartment
- Luggage Compartment and Storage
- Luggage Compartment at front
- Storage Compartment in each door
- Clothes Hooks on seat backrests
- One Individual Cupholder (passenger side), One Individual Cup Holder in Centre Console
Technical Data of the Porsche 911 Carrera
|Engine||Flat-6 with twin-turbo|
|Engine Capacity||2,981 cc|
|Max Output||379 hp (283 kW) / 6,500 rpm|
|Max Torque||450 Nm / 1,950 – 5,000 rpm|
|Acceleration||4.0 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||291 km/h|
|Transmission||8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,519 mm x 2,024 mm x 1,298 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||64 L|
Variants of porsche 911 carrera
Porsche 911 Carrera Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche 911 Carrera!
“…the 911 feels amazingly composed, even when faced with awkward cambers, deep ridges and potholes, which it shrugs off with ease.”
Read the full review by Carbuyer
Video Reviews of the new Porsche 911 Carrera
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe – Pure Driving Pleasure
History of Porsche 911 Carrera
The long history of the Porsche 911 spans the 50 years of the fascination of Ferry Porsche and his son Ferdinand Alexander in creating an iconic sports car. The concept of the 911 named Timeless Machine is a timeless design combined with exclusive technical equipment. The two front and two rear seats ideally match the compact concept. The compressed engine in the rear provides excellent traction and embodies the unmistakable driving feel of a 911. Porsche has worked diligently on perfecting this layout of the 911 since 1963.
In 1981, Porsche unveiled its Cabriolet concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show. It featured an all-wheel drive, but this was lowered for the production model. The first 911 Cabriolet was introduced in late 1982 as a 1983 model. It was Porsche’s first convertible since the 356 in the mid-1960s. In its first year, a total of 4,214 units were sold, which is not surprising considering its higher price compared to the open-top Targa. Cabriolet models of the 911 have been on the market ever since.
The eighth generation of the 911, the Porsche 911 Carrera, represents the rich history of its predecessors and serves as a springboard for Porsche’s future sports car. It features an iconic chassis, timeless design, and technologies heavily inspired by racing victories. And so the 911 Carrera is the most beautiful and modern version of the 911 in its generation.
The Porsche 911 Carrera, which was unveiled at the 2019 Los Angeles Motor Show, attracted a lot of attention because of its twin-turbocharged 6-cylinder boxer engine, which is new for a 911 Carrera. Also, a significant number of upgrades caught the attention of enthusiasts. Even though it featured the familiar shape of the 911, its evolutionary styling and engineering were significant in making it the biggest attraction at the said motor show.
Apart from the standard Porsche 911 Carrera, there were also the Porsche 911 Carrera S and 4S siblings. Both sports cars have unimaginable upgrades and reengineering while retaining the classic technical layout of the 911, such as the powerful rear where the engine sits.
The Porsche 911 Carrera, which Business Insider calls one of the best sports cars on the road, maybe the base car, but it still has a lot of Porsche in it. With its powerful engine, advanced engineering improvements and guaranteed comfort, the standard 911 Carrera still embody the timeless quality and power of the 911. China remains the largest single market for Porsche.
Porsche 911 Carrera FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche 911 Carrera have?
The Porsche 911 Carrera has 4 seating capacities.
How many cc/power does the Porsche 911 Carrera have?
The Porsche 911 Carrera has 2,981 cc and has a maximum output of 379 hp and 450 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche 911 Carrera?
Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe Racing Yellow has an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 4.0 seconds and can reach the top speed of 291 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche 911 Carrera has a fuel tank capacity of 64 Litres and fuel consumption of 9.2-litres per 100 km with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche 911 Carrera?