Setting a new standard in its class, the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet offers a borderline supercar that makes everyday cruising and city driving more effortless than ever. It shows off a refined interior, starting from the neat leather and matte wood accents to the digital cockpit onboard.
Its unique-sounding Flat-6 with a twin-turbocharged engine is rated at 443 HP and 530 Nm of torque, mated to the all-new eight-speed PDK transmission. As a result, the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet delivers a quicker-shifting gear and is more fuel-efficient at speed.
With its build, design, and performance, the Porsche 911 Carrera exquisitely presents Porsche’s timeless DNA with a more futuristic approach – a true icon in its range.
Special Features of the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
BOSE Surround Sound System
Developed to provide a superior audio experience, the BOSE Surround Sound System increases entertainment and pleasure in any adventure you take.
It features 12 fully active loudspeakers and a patented 100-watt active subwoofer, optimally tuned to fit the sports car’s interior acoustics.
Sport Chrono Stopwatch
As part of the Sport Chrono Package, the digital and analogue stopwatch instrument dial is integrated onboard that serves as a performance indicator.
It delivers the information to the PCM to display, save, and evaluate circuit times and times of alternative routes. It improves both driving stability and comfort.
The Sport Chrono Package includes the Porsche Track Precision App for measuring lap times and driving data.
High-gloss Black Cover Grille
A practical and striking aesthetic on the rear profile, the rear lid grille comes with vertical slats in high-gloss black. It supplies the engine with fresh air to help keep its high-performance on the move.
It also accommodates the vertically aligned third brake light for added visibility and safety.
LED Auxiliary Light Units
The LED auxiliary lights is a backup source of illumination that complement and supplement your main headlights, giving you great visibility on the road.
It comprises position lights, direction indicators, and side indicators that also add a visual highlight to your exterior profile.
Split-folding Rear Seats
Making way for extra luggage, the new Carrera S Cabriolet exhibits split-folding rear seats that can be split or folded flat down. These rear seats can easily be accessed as they can be operated automatically.
No more fumbling with keys, the KEYLESS-GO feature allows you to unlock your 911’s doors and even start the engine with just a push of a button.
With the key close to you, the system automatically reads the key’s encrypted access code. Upon validating the code, it will electrically unlock the doors, and you’re ready to go.
Interior of the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
With the cockpit’s latest horizontal orientation, the instrument cluster comes with a central rev counter on the centre.
The two 7-inch high-resolution TFT displays sit are conveniently located on the counter’s left and right side that provides all the car information you need.
Multifunctional Steering Wheel
Completing the athletic identity upfront, the multifunctional steering wheel comes wrapped in natural leather, featuring an eye-catching Porsche Crest at its centre.
Its mounted gear shift paddles offer faster and more precise gear shifting in manual mode while the buttons easy access to audio, phone, and navigation functions.
14-way Electric Sports Seats with Memory Package
The Sports seat package features 14-way electric seats with a memory package that provides greater comfort and support during powerful cornering.
Adjusting the seat height and backrest has never been made this easy as the memory function stores settings for the seats that secure optimal comfort throughout a vigorous drive.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Get the most of your time navigating behind the wheels of the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet courtesy of the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) paired with a high-resolution touch display.
The Porsche Communication Management (PCM) includes an online navigation module, mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces, and a voice control system.
It allows you to access smartphone apps easily, make phone calls, send messages, and stream music without causing any distraction on the road.
Porsche Crest on Headrests
The interior of the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is an undeniable combination of luxury and sportiness, courtesy of the leather seat upholstery and integrated Porsche crest on its headrests.
The crests exude a powerful and elegant statement that sits just right behind your head.
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Dominate any road surface with the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) feature.
It comes with a new automotive technology that adapts the damping force according to the current road condition, enhancing driving dynamics.
You can freely choose between two settings such as the “Normal” mode that perfectly blends athletic performance and comfortability while enjoying a much sturdier “SPORT” mode.
Exterior of the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
20-/21-inch Carrera Classic Wheels
Featuring a set of one-piece 20-/21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in a classic design, the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet leaves a strong impression by incorporating aesthetics and dynamic performance.
The Carrera Classic Wheels are larger at the rear to ensure stability and comfort. They’re traditionally designed for a sportier look and withstanding this luxury cabriolet’s weight.
Convertible Soft Top
The Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet offers a versatile and unique styling courtesy of the convertible top, fully polished in black.
It complements the sports car’s body colour while allowing you to enjoy the open-air ambience and the surrounding view while on the road.
LED Light Strip
One of the standard yet distinctive features of the 911 Carrera S is the flawless light strip sitting between the three-dimensional taillights.
The state-of-the-art LED technology illuminates both the light strip and taillights, making sure that the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is noticeable even at night.
Taillight strip is visible in the “PORSCHE” lettering, in the integral parking lights, and rear driving lights.
Auto-dimming Mirrors and Integrated Rain Sensor
Serving as an infused safety feature, the automatic dimming rearview and exterior mirrors significantly reduce the glare of light coming from trailing vehicles.
It also features an integrated rain sensor that detects the amount of precipitation on your windshield, activating the wipers and speeding them up if necessary.
Electric-folding Exterior Mirrors
You can conveniently adjust your exterior mirrors without needing to leave your seats with its incorporated electric folding feature.
It allows you to fold and tilt your exterior door mirrors when caught in tight spaces, preventing any housing damage.
Electro-mechanical Power-assisted Steering
The Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet comes with an electro-mechanical power steering which is a speed-dependent, electrically-controlled assisted steering system that operates only when the driver requires it and does not require any hydraulic components.
One of its advantages is that it uses less fuel, adds new comfort and safety features.
Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet Specifications
- Black leather interior (interior colour)
- Sports seats, electrical 14-ways with memory package
- Porsche Crest on Headrests (leather)
- Gentian Blue Metallic (exterior colour)
- Convertible soft top, Black (exterior colour)
- Protective foil (front)
- Drive Train / Chassis
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Precision App & tyre temperature display
- Sports exhaust system (tailpipes in silver colour)
- Front-axle lift system
- Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch, Porsche Track
- 20-/21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels
- Lighting and Vision
- LED Matrix main headlights incl.
- Exclusive Design Taillights
- Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Exclusive Design Taillights
- Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
- Windscreen with grey top-tint
- Comfort / Assistance Systems
- ParkAssist incl. Surround View
- Adaptive cruise control
- Porsche Entry and Drive
- Audio and Communication
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- Power unit
- Six-cylinder horizontally opposed aluminium twin-turbocharged engine, displacement: 3.0 litres, maximum power output: 331 kW (450 PS), maximum torque: 530 Nm
- Emission standard: Euro 6d ISC-FCM (AP)
- Power unit features
- Aluminium block and cylinder heads
- Water-cooled with thermal management
- Four valves per cylinder
- Two turbochargers, two intercoolers
- Direct fuel injection (DFI)
- VarioCam Plus variable valve timing and lift
- Integrated dry-sump lubrication with an on-demand oil pump
- Two three-way catalytic converters and on-board diagnostics for monitoring emission control system
- Two gasoline particulate filters
- Expansion intake manifold
- Four-tract exhaust system with twin dual-tube tailpipes (in stainless steel)
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Stationary management with HOLD function
- Rear-wheel drive
- Auto start/stop function
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) including electronically regulated rear differential lock and fully variable torque distribution
- McPherson-strut suspension with anti-roll bar at the front
- Multi-link suspension with anti-roll bar at the rear
- Electromechanical power-assisted steering with variable steering ratio and steering pulse generator
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) including ABS with extended brake functions
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- 8.5 J x 20-inch Carrera S wheels with 245/35 ZR20 tyres at front 11.5 J x 21-inch Carrera S wheels with 305/30 ZR21 tyres at the rear
- Tyre pressure monitoring (TPM)
- Six-piston closed type aluminium monobloc fixed brake callipers at the front and four-piston closed type aluminium monobloc fixed brake callipers at the rear, brake callipers with red finish
- Brake discs with 350mm diameter at the front and 350mm at the rear, internally vented and cross-drilled
- Electric parking brake
- Electromechanical power brake
- SPORT button to activate dynamic driving settings for engine and transmission
- 2+2-seater with rear engine
- Intelligent lightweight construction in aluminium and steel composite
- Side air intakes at the front with active cooling flaps and air blades
- Electrically operated, fully automatic fabric roof with three integral magnesium elements and a rigid glass rear screen, operable to up approx. 30 mph, convenient operation by key remote
- Integral electrically powered wind deflector
- Auto-deploying rear spoiler
- Trims on side skirts in black
- Retractable door handles
- Model designation on rear trim in silver colour (high-gloss)
- “PORSCHE” lettering integrated into taillight strip
- Engine compartment cover grille with vertical slats in black (high-gloss)
- Lighting and Visibility
- LED main headlights including daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights
- LED auxiliary light units in a front apron with position lights, direction indicators, and side indicators
- Taillight strip including integral parking lights and rear driving lights
- Automatic headlight activation including “Welcome Home” lighting
- Three-dimensional LED taillights and integral third brake light
- Exterior mirrors on door waist rails, electrically adjustable and heatable, a spherical on driver’s side
- Windscreen washer system with aero wiper blades and washer jets
- Air conditioning and glazing
- Two-zone automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger, automatic air-recirculation mode including air quality sensor
- Particle/pollen filter with active carbon filter
- Green-tinted thermally insulated glass
- Power windows with one-touch operation and door-seal protection
- Heated rear screen
- Sports seats in front with electric backrest angle and seat height adjustment and manual adjustment of fore/aft position
- Split-folding rear seats
- Heated front seats
- Safety and security
- Full-size airbags (two-stage) for driver and front passenger
- Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP), comprising side impact protection elements in the doors and head/thorax airbag for driver and front passenger
- Warn and Brake Assist with integrated front cameras
- Mounting points on the front passenger seat for ISOFIX child seat mounting system
- Engine immobiliser with remote control central locking and alarm system with ultrasonic sound-based interior surveillance
- Auto-deploying roll-over protection system
- Assistance systems
- Porsche WET mode
- Warn and Brake Assist
- Keyless Go
- ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera
- Cruise Control
- Instrument cluster with central analogue rev counter and two 7-inch TFT displays
- Digital display for selected gear in the rev counter
- 10.9-inch centre display
- Leather interior
- Multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles and manual height/reach adjustment
- PDK gear selector with automatic mode, manual gear selection via shift paddles on the steering wheel
- Interior trim package in Diamar Darksilver
- Hood lining in black fabric
- 12-volt socket in the front passenger footwell
- Door sill guards with model designation
- Floor mats
- Audio and Communication
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including online navigation module, mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control system
- Sound Package Plus, 8 loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- Digital radio
- Porsche Connect Plus, Apple® CarPlay®
- Two USB charging and connectivity ports in the front centre console storage compartment
- Luggage compartment and storage
- Luggage compartment at the front
- Storage compartment in each door
- Clothes hooks on seat backrests
- One individual cupholder (passenger side), one individual cup holder in the centre console
Technical Data of the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
|Engine||Flat-6 with twin-turbo|
|Engine Capacity||2,981 cc|
|Max Output||443 hp (335 kW) / 6,500 rpm|
|Max Torque||530 Nm / 2,300 – 5,000 rpm|
|Acceleration||3.7 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||306 km/h|
|Transmission||8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,519 mm x 2,024 mm x 1,299 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||64 L|
360 Tour of the new Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet!
“The 911 is an amazing driver’s car and the seven-speed stick only enhances the experience.”
Read the full review by Cnet
“I eyeballed the achingly good-looking, red-roofed 2020 Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet in GT Silver Metallic parked out front next to my Ford.”
Read the full review by Motortrend
“… is as evocative as you’d ever want a modern non-GT-series 911 to be.”
Read the full review by Automobile
“People fall in love with Porsches on curvy roads and in love with convertible Porsches on curvy roads under blue skies.”
Read the full review by Caranddriver
Video Reviews of the new Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet review | Caradvice
The 7-Speed Manual 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is Top Down Driving Bliss (In-Depth Review)
History of Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
The long history of Porsche 911 includes the 50 years of the fascination of Ferry Porsche and his son Ferdinand Alexander on creating an iconic sports car. Named the Timeless Machine, the concept of 911 is a timeless design combined with an exclusive technical layout.
The two front and two rear seats ideally meet the compact concept. The compressed engine located at the rear provides outstanding traction and embodies the unmistakable driving experience of a 911. Porsche has been diligently working on perfecting this layout of the 911 since 1963.
In 1981, Porsche introduced its Cabriolet concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show. It featured a four-wheel-drive, but they lowered it down in the production model. They unveiled the first 911 Cabriolet at the end of 1982 as a 1983 model.
It was Porsche’s first convertible since the mid-1960s in 356. A total of 4,214 were sold in its inaugural year, considering its premium price compared to the open-top Targa. Since then, Cabriolet models of the 911 have sold in the market.
The eighth generation of the 911, the Porsche 911 Carrera, represents its predecessors’ rich history and serves as the stepping stone towards Porsche’s future sports car. It has an iconic chassis, a timeless design, and technologies much inspired by racing victories. And as a result, the 911 Carrera is the most beautiful and most modern version of the 911 in its generation.
Unveiled in the 2019 Los Angeles Motor Show, the Porsche 911 Carrera stirred much attention because of its flat-6 engine with twin-turbos, something new for a 911 Carrera. Also, a significant number of upgrades and caught the attention of enthusiasts. Even though it revealed the familiar shape of the 911, its evolutionary styling and engineering were substantial to make it the biggest attraction in a said motor show.
Along with the standard Porsche 911, Carrera were its siblings Porsche 911 Carrera S and 4S. Both sports cars have unimaginable upgrades and reengineering while carrying the classic 911 technical layout like its powerful rear end where the engine sits.
Noted by Business Insider as one of the best sports cars on the road, the Porsche 911 Carrera may be the base car, but it still has plenty of Porsche in it. From its high-performing engine, advanced technology enhancements, and guaranteed comfortability, the standard 911 Carrera still epitomizes the timeless quality and power of the 911.
Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet have?
The Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet has 4 seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet have?
The Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet has 2,981 cc and has a maximum output of 443 hp and 530 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet?
Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet has an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 3.7 seconds and can reach the top speed of 306 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet has a fuel tank capacity of 64 litres and fuel consumption of combined: 10,1 – 9,8 l/100 km with 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet?