Showcasing its timeless design and robust performance, the new Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet mirrors the past and envisions the German brand’s legacy in the automotive industry. This eighth-generation Carrera features a host of advanced technologies and high-end comfortability in day-to-day cruising, all wrapped in a classic Jet Black Metallic finish.
An efficient flat-six twin-turbo engine powers the new Carrera matched with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission, producing 379 horsepower and a maximum torque of 450 Nm. It accelerates in just 4.2 seconds from zero to 100 km/h with a top speed of 291 km/h. This luxury cabriolet exhibits its convertible top in black that provides an open space when you bring it down.
With its myriad of high-quality equipment, the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet embodies its long-standing heritage while displaying its unmistakable Porsche DNA.
Special Features of the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet
Sport Chrono Package
Increasing the raw power and stamina of the Carrera, the Sport Chrono Package gives you plenty of innovative features such as SPORT response.
Pressing this button rotates the engine and transmission for about 20 seconds to unleash a vast amount of power to ensure optimum speed and reaction.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
The Porsche Communication Management provides various features to help you get the most of your time navigating behind the wheel of the Carrera.
It utilizes a high-resolution touch display and an integrated proximity sensor for easy use.
This advanced feature allows the driver to make a phone call, send messages, stream music, get vehicle diagnostic, and access smartphone apps
BOSE Surround Sound System
Providing a top-quality audio experience, BOSE Surround Sound System is a fun companion in any adventure you take.
It consists of 12 speakers complete with 100-watt subwoofers, plus 570 watts output, perfectly tuned to the distinct interior of the new Carrera.
Offering versatility, performance, and style in one, this high-end cabriolet showcases a Convertible Top that allows you to enjoy the wind and the surrounding view as you drive.
Fully polished in black, this convertible top matches the body colour and effortlessly completes the sporty look of the 911.
Sports Exhaust System
Providing a unique and striking sports character, the sports tailpipes in black complements the timeless sports car stance of this particular 911.
Partnered with Porsche’s excellent exhaust system, it acts more than just an aesthetic accessory but also a practical component for the 911’s impressive performance.
8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) Transmission
The 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) features two gearboxes that enable short switching times with no power flow interruptions.
It offers exceptional sporty tuning in gears one to six. Each gear also has a Sports ratio, with the sixth gear enabling the top speed. This transmission gives you a balance of comfort, performance, and efficiency.
Interior of the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet
4-way Electric Sports Plus Seats
The Sports seat package features 4-way electric seats with a memory package that provides greater comfort and support during powerful cornering.
Adjusting the seat height and backrest has never been made this easy—the memory function stores settings for the seats that secure optimal comfort throughout a vigorous drive.
Porsche Crest on Headrests
The interior of the new Carrera is an undeniable combination of luxury and sportiness, courtesy of the leather seat upholstery and integrated Porsche crest on its headrests.
It exudes a powerful and elegant statement that sits just right behind your head.
Multifunctional Sports Steering Wheel
This feature incorporates gear shift paddles to allow fast and precise shifting in manual mode while also providing easy access to audio, phone, and navigation functions.
The Mode-switch SPORT button offers five driving modes: Regular, SPORT, SPORT PLUS, Individual and WET modes. The Porsche Crest sits at the small centre, completing the steering wheel’s sporty and luxurious design.
The leather interior enhances the grand design of the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet, such as the leather-covered steering wheel with a cross-stitched seam pattern.
While its pleasing ambience makes this car a real Porsche, the smooth and polished surface of the leather seats increases their comfort level.
As part of the overall horizontal orientation of the Carrera’s interior, the dashboard includes a purposely analogue rev counter as the centrepiece.
Two high-resolution 7-inch displays sit on the counter’s left and right side, providing all other car information you need.
No more fumbling with keys, the KEYLESS-GO feature allows you to unlock your Carrera’s doors and even start the engine with just a push of a button.
With the key close to you, the system automatically reads the key’s encrypted access code. Upon validating the code, it will electrically unlock the doors, and you’re ready to go.
Exterior of the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet
20-/21-inch Carrera Classic Wheels
Featuring a set of one-piece alloy wheels in a five-spoke classic design, the new Carrera leaves a strong impression by incorporating aesthetics and dynamic performance.
Carrera Classic Wheels is where the larger rear wheels ensure stability and comfort. It is made from lightweight alloy, traditionally designed to have that sporty look.
LED Light Strip
The LED light strip is one of the standards yet distinct features of all 911 models which sit flawlessly between the three-dimensional taillights.
This state-of-the-art LED technology illuminates both the light strip and taillights, making sure that this two-door cabriolet is distinguishable even at night.
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
The Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) comes with advanced technology of dynamic range control, speed-sensitive headlight range control, dynamic cornering lights, as well as a headlight cleaning system.
For your excellent safety and practical aesthetic, this four-point headlight includes daytime running lights, dipped beam, and auxiliary main beam which are all built-in on LED technology.
Electric-folding Exterior Mirrors
Conveniently helping you in adjusting the exterior mirrors, this feature allows the driver to electrically fold and adjust the exterior mirrors without leaving their seats.
The electric folding exterior mirrors also provide ease in manoeuvring through tight spaces, making sure that your Carrera’s mirrors are safe from any scratch or damage.
The ParkAssist System gives you a whole lot more confidence in parking and manoeuvring. It comes with a different camera angle, discreetly and smartly installed for a full view display.
This system audibly alerts the driver to the proximity of obstacles detected to the vehicle’s front and rear. It includes a virtual bird’s eye view of the car shown on the PCM screen with high resolution.
Porsche Active Suspension Management
The PASM adjusts the damping force on every wheel based on current road situations and considers the driving mode when activated.
This electronic damping control enhances comfort while increasing driving dynamics. The PASM has two settings: it combines sporty and comfort in “Normal” mode and is sturdier in “SPORT” mode.
LED Auxiliary Light Units
A backup source of illumination, the LED auxiliary light units complement and supplement your main headlights, making you more visible on the road.
It comprises position lights, direction indicators, and side indicators that also add a visual highlight to your exterior profile.
Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Specifications
- Exterior Colour
- Jet Black Metallic
- Convertible Top in black
- Interior Colour
- Slate Grey / Crayon two-tone leather interior
- SportDesign Side Skirts
- Electric folding exterior mirrors
- ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights
- ‘PORSCHE’ Logo painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Deletion of Model Designation
- Drivetrain / Chassis
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch, Porsche Track
- Precision App & tyre temperature display
- Sports exhaust system (tailpipes in Black)
- 20-inch/ 21-inch Carrera Classic wheels
- Wheel Accessories
- Wheel centre set with full-colour Porsche Crest
- Lighting and vision
- LED main headlights with matrix beam including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
- Exclusive Design Taillights
- Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensors
- Windscreen with grey top-tint
- Comfort / Assistance systems
- Lane Change Assist
- Porsche Entry and Drive
- Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control
- 4-way electric Sports Plus seats
- Heated GT sports steering wheel in leather
- Seat Belts in Crayon
- Interior Leather
- Interior Package Leather
- Porsche Crest on Headrests
- Audio and communication
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Power unit
- Six-cylinder horizontally opposed aluminium twin-turbocharged engine, displacement: 3.0 litres, maximum power output: 283kW (385 PS), maximum torque: 450 Nm
- Emission standard: Euro 6d ISC-FCM (AP)
- Power unit features
- Aluminium block and cylinder heads
- Water-cooled with thermal management
- Four valves per cylinder
- Two turbochargers, two intercoolers
- Direct fuel injection (DFI)
- VarioCam Plus variable valve timing and lift
- Integrated dry-sump lubrication with an on-demand oil pump
- Two three-way catalytic converters and on-board diagnostics for monitoring emission control system
- Two gasoline particulate filters
- Expansion intake manifold
- Exhaust system with two single-tube tailpipes (in stainless steel)
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Stationary management with HOLD function
- Rear-wheel drive
- Auto start/stop function
- McPherson-strut suspension with anti-roll bar at the front
- Multi-link suspension with anti-roll bar at the rear
- Electromechanical power-assisted steering with variable steering ratio and steering pulse generator
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) including ABS with extended brake functions
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- 8.5 J x 19-inch Carrera wheels with 235/40 ZR19 tyres at front 11.5 J x 20-inch Carrera wheels with 295/35 ZR20 tyres at the rear
- Tyre pressure monitoring (TPM)
- Four-piston aluminium monobloc fixed brake callipers at front and rear, brake callipers with black finish
- Brake discs with 330mm diameter at front and rear, internally vented and cross-drilled
- Electric parking brake
- Electromechanical power brake
- SPORT button to activate dynamic driving settings for engine and transmission
- 2+2-seater with rear engine
- Intelligent lightweight construction in aluminium and steel composite
- Side air intakes at the front with active cooling flaps and air blades
- Electrically operated, fully automatic fabric roof with three integral magnesium elements and a rigid glass rear screen, operable to up approx. 30 mph, convenient operation by key remote
- Integral electrically powered wind deflector
- Auto-deploying rear spoiler
- Trims on side skirts in black
- Retractable door handles
- Model designation on rear trim in silver colour (high-gloss)
- “PORSCHE” lettering integrated into taillight strip
- Engine compartment cover grille with vertical slats in black (high-gloss)
- Lighting and visibility
- LED main headlights including daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights
- LED auxiliary light units in the front apron with position lights, direction indicators and side indicators
- Taillight strip including integral parking lights and rear driving lights
- Automatic headlight activation including “Welcome Home” lighting
- Three-dimensional LED taillights and integral third brake light
- Exterior mirrors on door waist rails, electrically adjustable and heatable, aspherical on driver’s side
- Windscreen washer system with aero wiper blades and washer jets
- Sports seats in front with electric backrest angle and seat height adjustment and manual adjustment of fore/aft position
- Split-folding rear seats
- Heated front seats
- Air conditioning and glazing
- Two-zone automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger, automatic air-recirculation mode including air quality sensor
- Particle/pollen filter with active carbon filter
- Green-tinted thermally insulated glass
- Power windows with one-touch operation and door-seal protection
- Heated rear screen
- Safety and Security
- Full-size airbags (two-stage) for driver and front passenger
- Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP), comprising side impact protection elements in the doors and head/thorax airbag for driver and front passenger
- Warn and Brake Assist with integrated front cameras
- Mounting points on the front passenger seat for ISOFIX child seat mounting system
- Engine immobiliser with remote control central locking and alarm system with ultrasonic sound-based interior surveillance
Auto-deploying roll-over protection system
- Assistance systems
- Porsche WET mode
- Warn and Brake Assist
- Keyless Go
- ParkAssist (front and rear), including reversing camera
- Cruise Control
- Instrument cluster with central analogue rev counter and two 7-inch TFT displays
- Digital display for selected gear in the rev counter
- 10.9-inch centre display
- Leather interior
- Multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles and manual height/reach adjustment
- PDK gear selector with automatic mode, manual gear selection via shift paddles on the steering wheel
- Interior trim package in Diamar Dark Silver
- Hood lining in black fabric
- 12-volt socket in the front passenger footwell
- Door sill guards with model designation
- Floor mats
- Audio and communication
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including an online navigation module, mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control system
- Sound Package Plus, eight loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- Digital radio
- Porsche Connect Plus, Apple® CarPlay
- Two USB charging and connectivity ports in the front centre console storage compartment
- Luggage compartment and storage
- Luggage compartment at the front
- Storage compartment in each door
- Clothes hooks on seat backrests
- One individual cup holder (passenger side), one individual cup holder in the centre console
Technical Data of the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet
|Engine||Flat-6 with twin-turbo|
|Engine Capacity||2,981 cc|
|Max Output||379 hp (283 kW) / 6,500 rpm|
|Max Torque||450 Nm / 1,950 – 5,000 rpm|
|Acceleration||4.2 s (0-100km/h)|
|Tops Speed||291 km/h|
|Transmission||8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,519 mm x 2,024 mm x 1,297 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||64 L|
Variants of the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet
Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet!
“For those who prefer their sports cars served with a splash of fresh air, the Porsche 911 Cabriolet has long been a superb choice.”
Read the full review by Whatcar
“The starter soft-top version of Porsche’s latest 911 may only have 379 horsepower and can’t be had with a manual, but it’s more 911 convertible than most will ever need.”
Read the full view by Caranddriver
“…the 911 Carrera Cabriolet nevertheless made every trip feel special…”
Read the full review by Motor1
Video Reviews of the new Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet
The new Porsche 911 Carrera – now at VINCAR
The All-New Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet – now at VINCAR
The all-new Porsche 911 Cabriolet – Unfiltered driving pleasure
Porsche 911 Cabriolet FULL REVIEW all-new 992 Convertible – Autogefühl
History of Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet
The long history of Porsche 911 includes the 50 years of the fascination of Ferry Porsche and his son Ferdinand Alexander on creating an iconic sports car. Named the Timeless Machine, the concept of 911 is a timeless design combined with an exclusive technical layout. The two front and two rear seats ideally meet the compact concept. The compressed engine located at the rear provides outstanding traction and embodies the unmistakable driving experience of a 911. Porsche has been diligently working on perfecting this layout of the 911 since 1963.
In 1981, Porsche introduced its Cabriolet concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show. It featured a four-wheel drive, but they lowered it down in the production model. They unveiled the first 911 Cabriolet at the end of 1982 as a 1983 model. It was Porsche’s first convertible since the mid-1960s in 356. A total of 4,214 were sold in its inaugural year, considering its premium price compared to the open-top Targa. Since then, Cabriolet models of the 911 have sold in the market.
The eighth generation of the 911, the Porsche 911 Carrera, represents its predecessors’ rich history and serves as the stepping stone towards Porsche’s future sports car. It has an iconic chassis, a timeless design, and technologies much inspired by racing victories. And as a result, the 911 Carrera is the most beautiful and most modern version of the 911 in its generation.
Unveiled in the 2019 Los Angeles Motor Show, the Porsche 911 Carrera stirred much attention because of its flat-6 engine with twin-turbos, something new for a 911 Carrera. Also, a significant number of upgrades and caught the attention of enthusiasts. Even though it revealed the familiar shape of the 911, its evolutionary styling and engineering were substantial to make it the biggest attraction in a said motor show.
Along with the standard Porsche 911, Carrera were its siblings Porsche 911 Carrera S and 4S. Both sports cars have unimaginable upgrades and reengineering while carrying the classic 911 technical layout like its powerful rear end where the engine sits.
Noted by Business Insider as one of the best sports cars on the road, the Porsche 911 Carrera may be the base car, but it still has plenty of Porsche in it. From its high-performing engine, advanced technology enhancements, and guaranteed comfortability, the standard 911 Carrera still epitomizes the timeless quality and power of the 911.
Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet have?
The Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet has a seating capacity of up to 4 people.
How many cc/power does the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet have?
The Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet has a 2,981 cc flat-6 engine with twin-turbos making a tarmac-ripping 379 horsepower and 450 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet?
With an acceleration of 4.4 s (0-100km/h), the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet has a top speed of 291 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet has a fuel tank capacity of 64-litres and has a fuel consumption of 5L / 100km with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet?