The all-new Porsche 718 Spyder captures the history of the marque’s legendary roadster, bringing its naturally-aspirated flat six-cylinder engine and a full GT chassis with high levels of agility and high aerodynamic efficiency, making it appealing to sports car enthusiasts.
It delivers linear power delivery and immediate response as you drive along the highway with its naturally-aspirated flat six-cylinder engine that generates 420 PS and 430 Nm of torque. With an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) gearbox, it sprints from 0-100 km/h in 3.9 seconds, reaching a top speed of 299 km/h.
Boasting linear power delivery coupled with its own distinct roadster design, the new Porsche 718 Spyder offers high levels of agility and aerodynamic efficiency, appealing to sports car enthusiasts.
Special Features of the Porsche 718 Spyder
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Get the most of your time navigating with the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) paired with a high-resolution touch display.
It includes an online navigation module, mobile-phone preparation, audio interfaces, and a voice control system, allowing you to access smartphone apps easily, make phone calls, send messages, and stream music without causing any distraction on the road.
GT Sports Steering Wheel
Completing the athletic identity upfront, the GT sports steering wheel comes wrapped in natural leather, featuring an eye-catching Porsche Crest at its centre.
Its mounted gear with shift paddles offers a faster and more precise gear shifting in manual mode, including a steering wheel rim and gear lever in Race-Tex.
2-way Electric Sports Seats
The sports seat package features 2-way electric seats for the driver and passenger that provide greater comfort and support during powerful cornering.
These seats come with elevated side bolsters, mechanical height and fore/aft position adjustment in addition to electronic backrest adjustment.
20-inch 718 Spyder Wheels
Featuring a set of 20-inch 718 Spyder wheels in silver colour, the Porsche 718 Spyder leaves a strong impression by incorporating aesthetics and dynamic performance. These Spyder wheels ensure stability and comfort and it is traditionally designed to have that sporty look.
Convertible Soft Top
The Porsche 718 Spyder offers a versatile and unique styling courtesy of the convertible top, fully polished in black. It complements the car’s body colour while allowing you to enjoy the open-air ambience and the surrounding view while on the road.
Sports Exhaust System
A supercar-like performance is nothing without a powerful exhaust system with an emotive acoustic. With the latest Porsche 718 Spyder, its sports exhaust system features two separated tailpipes in high gloss black, paying homage to its racetrack origins.
Interior of the Porsche 718 Spyder
The Porsche 718 Spyder combines the power of a sports car with great interior comfort and the latest technologies.
It offers analogue precision combined with digital integration developed specifically for the driver, featuring comfortable, electrically adjustable 2-way sports seats with a memory package and heating function.
Sport Chrono Stopwatch
As part of the Sport Chrono Package, the digital and analogue stopwatch instrument dial integrated onboard serves as a performance indicator.
Such a feature delivers the information to the PCM to display, save, and evaluate circuit times and times of alternative routes, improving both driving stability and ride comfort. It also includes the Porsche Track Precision App for measuring lap times and driving data.
Travel at ease with family and friends as this open-top roadster comes with convenient luggage compartments located at the front and rear. Such a feature elevates every driving experience whether for short or long trips.
Featuring a heating function on the front seats, the Porsche 718 Spyder keeps you warm when the temperature drops. It ensures a high level of comfort and prevents cramped posture while offering luxurious comfort, relaxation, physical health benefits, and improved safety.
With the cockpit’s latest horizontal orientation, the instrument cluster comes with a central rev counter in the centre. A high-resolution 4.6-inch colour display sits behind the steering wheel that provides all the car’s information you need.
Sport Chrono Package
Increasing the raw power and stamina of the Porsche 718 Spyder, the Sport Chrono Package takes the performance of this two-seater roadster to the next level.
It comes with an analogue stopwatch on the dashboard, a digital stopwatch function in the instrument cluster, and a performance display in Porsche Communication Management (PCM), supporting your every ride.
Exterior of the Porsche 718 Spyder
The new Porsche 718 Spyder features a black convertible soft top that complements its pristine White finish. It also features a lightweight aluminium-steel composite construction and 20-inch 718 Spyder wheels in silver, providing superior cornering performance.
Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS)
Built on innovative LED technology, the Porsche Dynamic Light System features a four-point headlight design that includes daytime running lights, a dipped beam, and an auxiliary main beam for excellent safety and practical aesthetic.
This feature comes with the advanced technology of dynamic range control, speed-sensitive headlight range control, dynamic cornering lights, as well as a headlight cleaning system.
Electrically Adjustable Exterior Mirrors
Maximum convenience is evident in the new 718 Spyder as it features electrically adjustable exterior mirrors. These door mirrors are aspherical on the driver’s side and also come with a heating function on the door waist trails.
The ParkAssist system gives you much more confidence when parking and manoeuvring. It features a different camera angle, discreetly and intelligently installed for a full-view display.
This system audibly warns the driver of obstacles detected at the front and rear of the vehicle while providing a virtual bird’s eye view of the vehicle, displayed in high resolution on the screen of PCM.
8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Redesigned as an 8-speed transmission, the PDK offers superb driving performance with its incredibly fast and smooth transition, resulting in higher torque output. It keeps the engine delivering a sports car-like acceleration with more fuel efficiency.
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Dominate any road surface with the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) feature. It comes with a new automotive technology that adapts the damping force according to the current road condition, enhancing driving dynamics.
You can freely choose between two settings such as the “Normal” mode which perfectly blends athletic performance and comfortability and the much sturdier “SPORT” mode.
Porsche 718 Spyder Specifications
- Exterior Colour
- Convertible soft top, Black
- Interior Colour
- Spyder Classic interior package
- Drivetrain / Chassis
- Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Sport Chrono Package
- 20-inch 718 Spyder wheels in silver colour
- Lighting and vision
- Bi-Xenon main headlights in Black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- Comfort / Assistance System
- ParkAssist (rear) including reverse camera
- Interior Package Spyder Classic
- Sports seats Plus (2-way, electric)
- Smoking package
- Passenger footwell storage
- Power Unit
- Configuration/number of cylinders – Horizontally opposed 6 cylinders
- Displacement – 3,995 cm³
- Power (kW) -309 kW
- Power (PS) – 309 PS
- Max. torque (Nm) – 430 Nm
- Body Dimensions and Weights
- Length – 4,430 mm
- Width (with mirrors folded) – 1,801 mm
- Width (without mirrors folded) – 1,994 mm
- Height – 1,258 mm
- Wheelbase – 2,484 mm
- Unladen weight (DIN) – 1,450 kg
- Permissible gross weight – 1,750 kg
- Maximum payload – 300 kg
- Luggage compartment volume (front) – 150 l
- Luggage compartment volume, rear – 120 l
- Fuel tank – 64 l
- Top speed – 299 km/h
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h – 3.9 secs
- Intelligent lightweight construction in aluminium and steel composite
- Auto-deploying 718 Spyder specific rear wing
- Side air intakes with one grille in Black
- ‘PORSCHE’ logo on accent strip in highly polished silver colour, model designation in Satin Black on rear apron
- Two dynamic streamliners on the aluminium rear lid
- Rear apron lower part in Black with diffuser
- Front apron with large cooling intakes with grilles as well as spoiler lip with “Spyder” logo and central air outlet
- Fabric hood – Manual
- 20-inch 718 Spyder wheels in silver colour with sport tyres 245/35 ZR 20 front and 295/30 ZR 20 rear. Includes wheel centres with Porsche Crest
- Anti-theft wheel bolts
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPM)
- Drivetrain and Chassis
- Flat 6-cylinder naturally aspirated engine, 4.0-litre displacement, maximum power output 309 kW (420 PS), maximum torque 420 Nm (MT) or 430 Nm (PDK)
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) sports suspension with a ride height lowered by 30mm
- Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) with mechanically locking rear differential
- Water-cooled engine with thermal management
- 64-litre fuel tank
- 6-speed manual transmission with dual-mass flywheel
- Lightweight spring-strut axle front
- Lightweight spring-strut axle rear (incl. helper springs), anti-roll bar, suspension
- 6-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the front and 4-piston aluminium monobloc fixed-calliper brakes at the rear, composite brake discs with aluminium brake chambers, the diameter of 380 mm at the front and rear, internally vented and cross-drilled, brake callipers with red finish
- Electrically controlled parking brake
- Electromechanical direct steering with variable steering ratio and steering pulse generator
- Rear-wheel drive
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM) incl. ABS, with two switchable stages (ESC OFF and ESC+TC OFF)
- Auto start/stop function
- VarioCam camshaft control for inlet and exhaust valves and adaptive cylinder management
- Integrated dry-sump lubrication with an on-demand controlled oil pump
- Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- Two 3-way catalytic converters and on-board diagnostics for monitoring emission control system, coated gasoline particulate filters
- Twin-tract sports exhaust system with two separated tailpipes in black (high gloss)
- Variable intake manifold with two switchable resonance valves
- Sport Chrono Package – Comprising an analogue stopwatch on the dashboard, a digital stopwatch function in the instrument cluster and a performance display in Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
- Dynamic gearbox mount system
- Performance-oriented shift indicator in the colour display of the instrument cluster (only in conjunction with manual transmission)
- Shortened gear lever
- AUTO BLIP button activates automatic throttle-blipping for downshifts
- Lights and Vision
- Bi-Xenon headlights with integrated LED daytime running light
- Separate auxiliary lights in the front end with LED indicators and position lights tinted
- LED taillights and integral 4-point brake lights and reversing lights
- Automatic headlight activation including ‘Welcome Home’ lighting
- LED reading lights, orientation, ignition lock. Additionally luggage compartment and glove compartment lighting
- Electrically adjustable heated exterior mirrors on door waist rails, aspherical on driver’s side
- Windscreen washer system with aero wiper blades and washer jets
- Windscreen with darker grey tint at the top to reduce glare
- Audio and Communication
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM), mobile phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control system
- Sound Package Plus: a sound system with 6 loudspeakers and a total output of 110 watts, with an integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- Digital radio
- 12-volt sockets in the passenger footwell and in the centre console storage compartment
- Standard Interior in Black with Race-Tex – In Black leather: seat bolsters, headrests, steering wheel airbag module, door panel armrest side sections and centre console main storage compartment lid side sections. In Black Race-Tex: steering wheel rim, seat centres, door pulls, door panel armrests, centre console main storage compartment lid. Three-point seat belts in Black. Stitching, door pull loops and embroidered “Spyder” logos in black.
- Air conditioning system with integrated active carbon filter
- Full-size airbags for driver and front passenger
- Sports seats Plus (two-way, electric) – Driver and passenger seats with elevated side bolster more distinctive curvature in the shoulder region. Features electric adjustment of backrest and mechanical adjustment of height and fore/aft position. Backrest shells with Silver Grey paint finish
- Instrument cluster with central rev counter and high-resolution 4.6-inch colour display
- Luggage Compartment front and rear
- Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP)
- Electric window lifts with one-touch operation and door seal protection
- Seat centres in Race-Tex, side bolsters and headrests in leather. Headrests embroidered with ‘Spyder’ logo in Black
- Instrument dials and rev counter in Black with white indices, scales and ‘Spyder’ logo
- Storage compartment in each door
- ‘718’ logo on the gear lever
- Adjustable fan with air recirculation and defroster functions
- Immobiliser with remote central locking
- Digital displays for vehicle speed, chosen gear, odometer, trip meter and time
- GT sports steering wheel with steering wheel rim & gear lever in Race-Tex
- Green-tinted heat-insulating glass
- Two individual cupholders (passenger side integral to dashboard trim strip)
- Ascending centre console with an uncovered storage compartment and a closed storage compartment
- Door sill guards with model designation
- Clothes hooks on seat backrests
- Heated seats
- Alarm system
- Floor mats
- Sports look pedals & footrest with stainless steel surround (matt brushed)
- Door panel armrests and centre console main storage compartment lid in smooth-finish leather
- Door opening loops in Black
- Interior package painted – painted in exterior colour: dashboard trim strip including cupholder cover and centre console trim
- Roll-over bars (fixed)
Technical Data of the Porsche 718 Spyder
|Engine||Flat 6-cylinder naturally aspirated|
|Engine Capacity||3,995 cc|
|Max Output||420 PS (309 kW) / 7,600 rpm|
|Max Torque||430 Nm / 1,950 – 5,000 rpm|
|Acceleration||3.9 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||299 km/h|
|Transmission||8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,430 mm x 1,994 mm x 1,258 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||64 litres|
Porsche 718 Spyder Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Porsche 718 Spyder!
“The Porsche 718 Spyder is a rare gem of a sports car…”
Read the full review by Evo UK
“And the 718 Spyder is objectively a perfect vehicle.”
Read the full review by Thedrive
“It’s one of the best convertible sports cars you can buy.”
Read the full review by Whatcar
Video Reviews of the new Porsche 718 Spyder
Porsche 718 Spyder | Few Driver’s Cars Left
DRIVING the 2021 PORSCHE 718 SPYDER with PDK: The Perfect Sports Car?
Buying the ULTIMATE sports car! | Porsche 718 Spyder
History of Porsche 718 Spyder
The Porsche 718 is a series of one or two-seat sports-racing cars built by Porsche from 1957 to 1962. It was a development of the successful Porsche 550A with improvements made to the bodywork and suspension.
Its name started life more than 60 years ago as little more than three numbers scrawled on a workshop filing system somewhere in Stuttgart. Each fresh design generated by Porsche received a code back then.
In 1948 with the number 356, the first automobile made under the official brand name Porsche debuted. Five years later came the 550, dubbed the legendary Spyder then later came the 718 after four years.
The 718 made its racing debut at the 1957 24 Hours of Le Mans driven by Umberto Maglioli and Edgar Barth. Unfortunately, the car failed to finish the race due to an unprecedented accident. In 1958, the car finished first in class and third overall at Le Mans guided by Jean Behra and Hans Herrmann. It also won the European Hill Climb Championship in both 1958 and 1959.
It features a lightweight tubular space frame construction, stronger brakes and a revised suspension. With a mid-engine layout, it weighs 530kg which gives it a perfect balance from one end to the other. Dubbed the RS60, a new 718 came out in 1960 with reshaped bodywork and engines that made the most of a stronger crankshaft. It claimed victories at the 12 Hours of Sebring and the Targa Florio.
The original 718 proved to be seminal when it comes to Porsche’s heritage. Through a perfect combination of efficiency and precision, these flat-four Porsche race cars could keep up and beat the much more powerful machinery fielded by competitors.
It was overlooked once its heyday was done while it was a giant killer on the track. For a period, the 718 was consigned to Porsche fan clubs and vintage motorsport devotees as it was sandwiched between the legendary 550 and 911. However, in 2016, the German carmaker decided to reintroduce the historic 718 monikers for the new generation of drivers.
Both the 718 Boxster and Cayman GTS 4.0 take cues from their mid-century predecessor as devastatingly effective, two-door sports cars. In April 2021, the 718 Spyder debuted at the Auto Shanghai 2021 in China, which made the Chinese market the largest market for the two-seater roadster.
Porsche 718 Spyder FAQ
How many seats does the Porsche 718 Spyder have?
The Porsche 718 Spyder has two seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Porsche 718 Spyder have?
The Porsche 718 Spyder has a 3,995 cc engine capacity and has a maximum output of 420 PS and 430 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Porsche 718 Spyder?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 3.9 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 299 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Porsche 718 Spyder has a fuel tank capacity of 64 litres and fuel consumption of 10.9 litres per 100 km with an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
Where can I view the Porsche 718 Spyder?