When it was first launched in 2013, the Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Coupe was the brand’s first-ever front-wheel drive, four-door model. Unveiled in early 2019, as the second generation CLA-Class Coupe’s design was inspired by a new design language Mercedes-Benz adopted for the latest CLS-Class Coupe.
Compared to its predecessor, the second-generation CLA-Class Coupe has the following improvements:
- It is 48 mm longer,
- 53 mm wider
- 2 mm shorter in height
- and has a wheelbase increased of 30 mm.
Featuring an almost flat underbody, the car’s drag coefficient is just 0.23 and this helps with fuel efficiency.
Like the A-Class Hatchback and A-Class Saloon this model also has the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) infotainment system with its dual 10.25-inch touchscreens. The “Hey Mercedes” command is also available.
Mercedes- Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus’s Additional features:
The Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Coupe variant shown here is the CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus.
Propelled by a turbocharged 1.3-litre 4-cylinder powerplant producing 163 hp and 250 Nm mated to a 7-speed 7G-DCT gearbox driving the front wheels, it takes only 8.2 seconds for the benchmark 0 to 100 km/h sprint. Top speed is 228 km/h.
The Mercedes-Benz CLA180 Coupe AMG Premium Plus’ key features include;
- Galvanised gearshift paddles,
- Brushed stainless-steel sports pedals with rubber studs,
- Floor mats with “AMG” lettering,
- AMG bodystyling – front apron, rear apron & side skirts
- Smartphone integration including; Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, “Hey Mercedes” voice activation,
- 18-inch AMG alloy wheels,
- Lowered sports suspension,
- ENERGIZING package,
- MULTIBEAM LED headlights
- And, panoramic sunroof.