Sporty, stylish, and dynamic, the all-new Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus arrives with a distinct exterior styling packed with class-leading features, and reliable driving performance.
The efficient performance of this luxury coupe comes from the 1.3-litre four-cylinder In-line 16 Valves engine that generates 163 horsepower and a max torque of 250 Nm. With an acceleration of 8.2 seconds from 0 to 100km/h, its standard top speed reaches 228 km/h.
The Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus stands out from the CLA-Class line and outshines any other fastback styling vehicle Mercedes has ever made, due to its impressive performance and distinctive design.
Special Features of the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus
MBUX Multimedia System
The Mercedes-Benz technology has never been so futuristic until it incorporates the latest MBUX Multimedia System that recognizes touch controls and voice commands, bringing infotainment technology to a new level.
Integrated with the widescreen display, this feature provides a live view of the navigation system and vivid information like street names and house numbers.
Diamond Radiator Grille
It is where the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus exudes its power and strength.
The massive Mercedes three-pointed star emblem on the radiator grille with pins in chrome and silver-painted louvre with chrome inserts embodies Mercedes-Benz’s dominance up front.
AMG-forged Alloy Wheels
The Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus features the AMG-forged 18-inch alloy wheels that provide improved cornering and steering response for that engaging driving experience.
These high-performing wheels complete the sporty character of this luxury car and support its powerful performance.
10.25-inch Touchscreen Media Display
Enjoy amplified fun and entertainment inside the cabin with the high-resolution 10.25-inch multimedia colour display.
It gives the CLA200’s interior a luxurious touch while providing a crisp display of images and other fundamental information content.
ECO Start/Stop Function
ECO Assist is a short-term ‘Ecological Drive Assist Device’ that allows the driver to adopt more fuel-efficient driving habits.
An integrated feedback system helps drivers improve their driving skills, while an ECO button optimizes the vehicle’s function for maximum fuel consumption.
Ambient Lighting with 64 Colours
Completing a perfect mood and ambience for your journey is the 64-colour ambient lighting.
Its 64 colours provide individually-selectable static tones or dynamically-animated combined effects, letting you choose your desired ambience as you hit the road.
The ambient lighting also harmonizes with the modernistic HD displays, the generous sense of space inside, and select materials.
Complementing the elegant lines of the trim inside, the indirect LED light goes one step ahead as it boasts exceptional colour schemes.
Interior of the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus
Seat Comfort Package
The Seat Comfort Package perfectly caters to ergonomic individualization and several seating comfort configurations for both front passengers.
Experience a maximized comfort anywhere you go with the height-adjustable front passenger’s seat, seat cushion angle adjustment for the driver’s and front passenger’s seat, and seat cushion length adjustment.
The electronically controlled glass sunroof offers a panoramic skyward view with both the front and rear-seat passengers.
This completely functioning sunroof has a large panel that provides greater airflow when it rotates or slid down into an open-air environment.
Through the strong interior cover, you can monitor the amount of sunlight entering the cabin.
3-Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
With galvanized gearshift paddle paddles in excellent leather, this sports steering wheel provides the driver with style and extra comfort along with buttons for various control functions.
Almost all cockpit functions such as audio, Bluetooth, and the cruise control can be easily and quickly monitored without removing your hands from the wheels.
THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control
Providing individualized comfort on the road, the THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control features two climate zones: driver and front passenger.
Despite the separate temperature for each side, the automatic climate control and sensitive sensor system maintain the overall climate consistently for that optimal comfort.
Smartphone Integration Package
Enhance your Mercedes-Benz experience with Mobile integration packages, adding easy access to your favourite mobile apps.
This feature also supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay, which are well suited to your daily digital routine. You can also improve in-cab entertainment by accessing third-party service providers such as Spotify.
Centre Console Touchpad
The large touchpad on the centre console allows easy managing of the in-dash media display with just a flicker of your fingers.
Its system is meticulously designed to recognize multitouch gestures like swiping through menus and pinching to zoom for that smartphone-like setup.
It also includes virtual keys for Back, Skip, and Home, and familiarizing and reading handwriting.
Exterior of the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus
You can enjoy the luxury of adjusting and tilting your exterior mirrors without the need to getting off your car via a button press.
This mirror package feature significantly prevents mirror housing damages when caught in a complicated, small space.
It also includes an auto-dimming feature on the exterior mirror on the driver’s side, as well as the rearview mirror inside.
The Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus reveals a muscular character and aggressive aero details because of the AMG bodystyling.
It lends the class the premium AMG-specific elements, such as front aprons with cooling air intakes, body-coloured flared wheel arches, iconic radiator grille with AMG logo, and the striking two visible tailpipe trim elements.
High-level Third Brake Light
The high-level third brake light illuminates when you hit the brakes to notify other drivers significantly.
This additional light technology improves safety between cars on the road, especially during night-time driving.
It uses LED bulbs as they consume less power, require less maintenance, smaller in size, and light up faster, which is ideal for the system.
Experience smooth manoeuvring into and out of parallel and end-on parking spaces with the Parking package feature.
It comes with intelligent parking technologies like the Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and front and rear parking sensors.
An imposing part is its integral reversing camera which displays a 180° view partnered with parking guidelines.
LED Tail Lamps
Optimizing visibility on the road especially during the nighttime, the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus features LED tail lamps on each side, located in the bumper.
Such an arrangement and design also create a stylish and sporty aura on your Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plusrear profile.
Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
The Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Pluslineup comes with a monitoring system that lets you drive confidently anytime.
The ESP tracks the tire pressure and has an incorporated anti-lock braking system, which individually modifies the wheel’s speed when it senses slipping tyres, reinstating the car’s control.
Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus Specifications
- Air conditioning – air vents with surround in silver chrome
- THERMOTRONIC Luxury Automatic Climate Control, Two-Zone, with Display
- Centre armrest – front, with stowage
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Brushed Stainless-Steel Sports Pedals with Rubber Studs
- Heated Front Seats
- Stowage Compartment in Centre console, with Retractable Cover
- Seat Comfort package
- Sports Seats with Fixed Head Restraints
- Touchpad on Centre Console – buttons in matt black
- Steering column – manually adjustable for height and reach
- 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel,
- Trimmed in leather with perforated leather in the grip area, flattened bottom section with galvanised gearshift paddles
- Trim – light longitudinal-grain aluminium
- DAB Digital Radio Tuner
- “Hey Mercedes” Voice Activation
- 10.25-inch Touchscreen Media Display
- MBUX Multimedia System
- Smartphone Integration Including Apple CarPlay® and Android AutoTM
- USB (type C) ports: two in stowage compartment and one in front of the centre console
- Wireless Charging
- 18” AMG Alloy Wheels – 5-Twin-Spoke Design, Painted titanium grey with a high-sheen finish
- AMG Bodystyling
- Mirror Package
- Electrically Folding Exterior Mirrors
- Automatically-Dimming Driver’s Side Mirror and Rear-View Mirror
- Beltline Strips in Chrome
- Front Brake Calipers with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ Lettering on Front
- Door mirrors – electrically adjustable and heated with integrated LED indicators
- Two visible tailpipe trim elements and rear apron with trim in chrome
- High-level third brake light, LED
- LED tail lamps
- Parking package
- 180° reversing camera
- Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Diamond radiator grille with pins in chrome, silver-painted louvre and insert in chrome
- Active Bonnet
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Dual-Stage, Driver & Front Passenger
- Head and Side Bags, Driver and Front Passenger
- Knee Bag for Driver
- Window bags, Driver & Front Passenger
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Adaptive Brake Assist with HOLD Function and Hill Start Assist
- Adaptive Brake Lights
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist (BAS)
- Crash-Responsive Emergency Lighting
- Electric Parking Brake
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Acceleration Skid Control (ASR)
- ESP® Curve Dynamic Assist
- Headlamp Assist – Automatic Headlamp Activation
- Remote Central Locking and Crash Sensor with Emergency Opening Function
- Rain-Sensing Windscreen Wipers with Two Sensitivity Settings
- ISOFIX and top-tether child seat fixing points in Rear (two outer seats)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Cruise Control with Limiter
- Direct-Steer System
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- ECO Start/Stop Function
- Premium Plus equipment line
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- Panoramic sunroof
- Electrically-adjustable front memory seats including lumbar support
- Premium equipment line
- KEYLESS-ENTRY (lock/unlock)
- Ambient lighting – 64 colours
- Illuminated ‘Mercedes-Benz’ door sills
- Rear armrest with two integral cup holders for drinks premium equipment line (cont.)
- 10.25-inch digital instrument display
- Mercedes-Benz sound system (225 W)
- AMG Line – Includes 772(AMG bodystyling), RQS (18” AMG 5-twin
- spoke light alloy wheels), H44(Light longitudinal-grain aluminum trim)
- U62 (AMG floor mats), AMG sports pedal with rubber studs, Panoramic sliding sunroof
- Multifunction steering wheel with the flattened bottom; ARTICO leather/
- DINAMICA microfibre upholstery
- KEYLESS-GO Comfort package
- MULTIBEAM LED
- Leather Package
- THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control
- Audio and Communication
- Advance Sound System (10-speakers & 225W output)
*Due to chip shortages, these features are no longer available at the moment:
- Hands Free Access
- Midline Sound System
- Wireless Charging
Technical Data of the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AG Premium Plus
|Engine||4-cylinder In-line, 16 Valves|
|Engine Capacity||1,332 cc|
|Max Output||163 (120) / 5,500 rpm|
|Max Torque||250 Nm / 1,620 rpm|
|Acceleration||8.2 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||228 km/h|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,688 mm x 1,999 mm x 1,439 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||43 L|
Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium PlusReviews
Check out what others say about the new Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus!
“The CLA200 is one such member of the Benz four-door coupe family, and arguably one of its best examples – it’s definitely one good-looking car.”
Read the full review by Carsguide
Video Reviews of the new Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus
2019/2020 Mercedes CLA 200 AMG | FULL REVIEW Interior Exterior Infotainment | Drive
Mercedes CLA 2020 in-depth review | Carwow Reviews
Mercedes-Benz CLA 2020 review: CLA 200
History of Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus
First manufactured by Mercedes-Benz in 2013, the CLA-Class was introduced as a subcompact executive car. In that same year, its first generation was unveiled as a four-door fastback and marketed as a four-door coupe that has a concept not far from the A-Class and B-Class. It was also known as the model that pioneered the front-wheel-drive sedan of the Mercedes-Benz and the first front-wheel-drive vehicle offered in the U.S. market.
The evolution and progress of the CLA range escalated quickly over the next years. This includes the release of different trims and versions like the CLA Edition 1, which features AMG styling packages; the CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition that offered a lower fuel consumption and a reduced drag coefficient; the Mercedes-Benz Sport Equipment CLA 200 concept demonstrated different Mercedes-Benz accessories GmBH equipment for CLA-Class vehicles.
In 2015, the Shooting Brake made its debut as a five-door station wagon version of the CLA-Class sedan. In between those years until 2018, AMG models were also added to the line-up that reshaped the performance of the CLA range, as it includes one of the highest performing models in the range.
After successful consecutive years, in 2019, CLA-Class second generation was unveiled retaining the fastback styling which sets it apart from the A-Class. Style-wise, this generation resembles the CLS-Class in some way. Naturally, different trim levels and packages are offered in this generation: AMG Line, AMG Line Premium, AMG Line Premium Plus, Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 4MATIC, and many more.
The new model to this line is the CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus, which was produced in a production plant in Kecskemét, Hungary. Known for its leading technology, equipment, and comfort, the CLA 200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus is perfect for the family, the businessman or the adventurer. It comes with the standard features of the AMG Line with additional equipment from the Premium Plus line such as a panoramic sunroof, Adaptive Headlamp, and Comfort seat package. Firstly marketed in Europe in April 2013 and then in the United States in September 2013, these two countries remained as CLA-Class’s largest markets.
Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus FAQ
How many seats does the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus have?
The Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus has a seating capacity of up to 5 people.
How many cc/power does the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus have?
The Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus has a 1,332 cc inline-4 that produces 163 (120) / 5,500 rpm and 250 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus?
With an acceleration of 8.2 seconds (0-100 km/h), its top speed is at 228 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus has a fuel tank capacity of 43 L and fuel consumption of a combined 52.3 mpg with 7G-DCT (A) transmission.
Where can I view the Mercedes-Benz CLA200 Coupe AMG Premium Plus?