Combining driving dynamics and unrivalled race track performance in one sleek package, the latest Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe is set to impress with its sporty stance and storming V8 performance.
With its hand-built V8, 32 Valves engine, this sports car churns out a whopping 585 horsepower and 700 Nm through an AMG Speedshift DCT 7-Speed Sports Automatic transmission, allowing an acceleration from 0 to 100km/h in just 3.6 seconds. Such powerful performance also comes with a 3-stage Electronic Stability Programme (ESP), Acceleration Skid Control (ASR), and Adaptive Brake Assist.
This road-going sports car also satisfies all of the driver’s sporting ambitions with its cutting-edge technology. Delivering an ultimate driving experience, the new GT R Pro arrives with its racetrack-worthy muscle and grand touring poise.
Special Features of the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe
AMG Night Package
Displaying the sporty character and bold presence of the all-new Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe is the AMG Night Package, comprising high-gloss black elements.
This package adds some features, such as the black door sills, lower steering wheel bezel, and steering wheel gearshift paddles in black.
In combination with the AMG, performance seats have a black strut in the luggage compartment and a black seat insert under the head restraints.
AMG-specific Radiator Grille
The AMG-specific radiator grille comes with integral black vertical louvres and trims strips in high-gloss chrome.
It shows off the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe’s sporty character, while the massive Mercedes star emblem indicates the marque’s dominance upfront.
AMG Performance Exhaust System
Guaranteeing an impressive and intense sports car sound, the Sports Exhaust System is a must for the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe.
It has a central rear silencer leading to two laterally placed tailpipes. These stainless steel tailpipes possess a unique design, and automatically activates through the SPORT mode.
AMG Performance-forged Alloy Wheels
This luxury sports car showcases massive 21-inch AMG-forged Alloy Wheels that provide improved cornering and steering response for that engaging driving experience.
These high-performing wheels complete the sporty character of the GT and support its powerful performance.
AMG Sports Bucket Seats
Inspired by the designs of racing car seats, the AMG-specific performance seats supplement the car’s sporty image.
Coupled with adjustable side bolsters to fit in the occupant’s body assures optimal comfort, while the added head restraints and AMG badges combine luxury and athleticism.
AMG Performance Steering Wheel
The new AMG Performance Steering Wheel combines ultimate functionality with seamless ergonomics.
It comes as standard in Nappa leather with DINAMICA microfibre, boasting a stylish, sporty design with a flat bottom and a heavily contoured rim.
This feature lessens the driver’s distraction as it comes with AMG steering buttons, allowing the driver to control the entire infotainment system without taking their hands off the steering wheel.
Interior of the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe
Enter inside the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe’s cabin, and it reveals a luxurious ARTICO leather, DINAMICA black microfiber upholstery.
These top-quality materials of leather, smooth transitions, and chrome applications create an incomparable driving comfort on every journey.
THERMOTRONIC Climate Control
The all-new Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe offers a more personalized and pleasurable climate on board because of its THERMOTRONIC Climate Control feature.
This function delivers four climate styles and four climate zone functions, allowing the driver and front passenger to adjust the temperature, climate style, and air distribution spending based on their personal preferences.
12.3-inch Instrument Cluster
A massive 12.3-inch widescreen display with a crisp and high-resolution screen can automatically adjust your ambient light while also allowing you to customize other vehicle settings easily.
This widescreen display matches the instrument cluster allowing you to access its features through your touchpad controller and Touch Control buttons on the steering wheel.
The Active Parking Assist allows you to safely park your Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe in parallel parking spaces using the PARKTRONIC technology’s integrated bumper sensors.
The Parking Assist system provides audio and visual guidelines on the media display, monitoring and assisting the brakes and gear range.
Touchpad on the Centre Console
A smartly designed touchpad on the centre console allows you to operate the inner dash touchscreen.
Its location and setup provide you with a more comfortable way of controlling what’s in front of you, especially when driving.
With its high-tech multitouch gestures, a modern and playful way of controlling its functions is possible by either touching, pinching to zoom, or swiping through the menus.
Burmester Surround Sound System
Germany’s high-end Burmester is also legendary for its pure surround sound, making it a fun companion while you play your favourite song.
Its high-performance speakers are capable of balancing seamlessly for ambient noise.
A 10-channel DSP amplifier with high dynamics, electronics, and acoustic features perfectly tailored to the interior helps amplify your listening experience.
Exterior of the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe
Additional features like the prominent front splitter with adjusted flics in the air intake and black diffuser blade come with this package.
The fixed rear wing provides extra contact pressure on the rear axle adding to the car’s agility. A brand-new athletic aura and a more aggressive presence are now noticeable than ever.
High-performance LED Headlamps
Taking the lighting system to a higher level, the High-performance LED headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus illuminates the road with precise and controlled light distribution depending on different light conditions.
These high-performance headlamps are exceptionally bright with an anti-dazzle feature to keep you and oncoming drivers safe on the road.
LED Tail Lamps
Compared to other taillights, extreme slimline LED tail lamps react quicker in case of a sudden stop, preventing accidents.
These high-performing tail lights emit more vibrant colours that are much more noticeable, helping you and other drivers safe on any road, even at night.
Because it uses low power, the LED tail lamps last longer as compared with other lights.
The Windscreen wipers allow you to have more improved road visibility, guaranteeing your windshield clear from drizzle and downpour.
The sensor detects the amount of rain on the windscreen and speeds up the wipers depending on how much rain hits the windshield.
High-tech Exterior Mirrors
Equipped with electrically adjustable exterior mirrors, this sports car offers an improved vision for the driver with its infinitely auto-dimmable and heated feature.
Exterior mirrors come in a high-gloss black, with integrated LED indicators and surround lighting with logo projection.
At the touch of a button, both exterior mirrors also fold in and out electrically, protecting the mirror housing from damage, especially when parking.
Reverse parking and manoeuvring are considerably more manageable and smoother using the rearview camera.
When reverse gear is engaged, it is activated automatically and displays the vehicle’s area (with dynamic guidelines) on the central monitor.
The media display’s dynamic guidelines give drivers a clear orientation when manoeuvring.
Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe Specifications
- AMG Interior Night package
- Black door sills
- Lower steering wheel bezel and steering wheel gearshift paddles in black
- Black seat insert beneath the head restraints in conjunction with the AMG
- Performance seats Black strut in the luggage compartment
- AMG emblem embossed into the centre armrest
- AMG door sill panels in carbon fibre with ‘AMG’ lettering
- AMG floor mats with ‘AMG’ lettering
- Armrest for driver and front passenger
- Storage compartment in the centre console
- Roof lining – black DINAMICA micro-fibre
- Seat belts – black
- COMAND OnlineSmartphone integration via Apple CarPlayTM, Media Interface, USB and Bluetooth interface
- AMG DRIVE UNIT
- Centre console in V8 style with touch-display switches, large surround in the high-gloss black, inner area finished in matte carbon fibre
- Dividing net for luggage compartment partitioning and occupant protection
- Double cup holder in the centre console
- Electric windows with one-touch control and obstruction sensor
- Glove compartment illuminated and lockable
- Interior lighting
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Outside temperature display
- THERMOTRONIC – automatic climate control
- Upholstery – black Nappa leather/DINAMICA microfibre
- Luggage compartment brace in black
- Burmester surround sound system
- AMG Track Pace
- Two USB ports and an SD card slot in the centre console
- High-resolution 10.25-inch multimedia colour display
- Instrument cluster – 12.3-inch high-resolution digital instrument cluster with choice of three display styles: Classic, Sporty and Supersport
- Seats – AMG sports bucket seats made in carbon fibre with integrated head restraint and optimised lateral support
- Sun visors with vanity mirror, illuminated and pivotable to the side window
- Trip computer in a multifunction display showing current fuel consumption
- AMG performance steering wheel in black DINAMICA microfibre – 3-spoke design, flat bottom section, black gearshift paddles, AMG steering wheel buttons, touch control buttons and 12 o’clock marking
- Steering column – electronically adjustable for height and reach
- DAB digital radio tuner
- Paint – designo selenite grey magno
- Trim – AMG matt black carbon fibre
- KEYLESS-GO package
- 19”/20” AMG Performance forged-alloy wheels
- Exterior mirrors
- heated and electronically adjustable
- high-gloss black
- integrated LED indicators
- Electrically folding
- Automatically dimming and interior rear-view mirror
- surround lighting with logo projection
- Active Aerodynamics
- Active Air Control System
- AMG performance exhaust system, switchable, with titanium rear silencer
- AMG-specific radiator grille with vertical struts and central star in high-gloss chrome
- Badging – ‘V8 BITURBO’ lettering on both front wings
- Brake callipers painted black with ‘AMG Carbon Ceramic’ lettering
- Broad front end with louvres in wings to vent wheel arches and reduce front-axle lift
- Broad rear end with carbon fibre aero elements from wheel arches to tail lights
- Carbon fibre roof
- Dynamically shaped side sill panels in vehicle colour with carbon fibre inserts
- Expressive diffuser in carbon fibre with a motor racing look
- Front wings – carbon fibre
- Heated rear window with timer control
- Horizontal double fins inside air inlets
- high-gloss black
- LED High-Performance headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- Racing stripes – finished in light green, running over the bonnet, roof, hatch and sides of the vehicle
- Rear aerofoil – static (manually adjustable), in carbon fibre
- Sporty front apron in jet wing design with extended front splitter in carbon fibre with metal braces, two flics at the sides in carbon fibre
- Tail lamps – extreme slimline LED tail lamps
- Windscreen wipers with rain sensor
Safety and Assistance Systems
- AMG Track package
- Four-point safety harness for driver and front passenger
- Roll-over protection system painted matt black
- Anti-Theft Protection package
- 3-stage Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
- Acceleration Skid Control (ASR)
- Active Brake Assist
- ADAPTIVE BRAKE ASSIST with HOLD function and Hill-Start Assist, priming and dry braking in the wet
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Adaptive brake lights
- Driver and Front passenger
- Window airbags
- Kneebag for driver and front passenger
- Sidebag for driver and front passenger (combined thorax/pelvis bag)
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Monitors steering behaviour and can help alert to long journey fatigue
- Automatic deactivation of the front passenger airbag
- Brake Assist (BAS) with brake servo assistance when emergency braking is detected
- Cruise control with variable speed limiter
- Electric parking brake with automatic release when moving off
- Front view and reversing cameras
- Headlamp Assist – automatic headlamp activation
- Parking Assist PARKTRONIC
- Seats – automatic child seat recognition sensor (pressure sensor)
- Traffic Sign Assist
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Warning triangle
- AMG high-performance ceramic braking system
- Brake wear warning display
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with a choice of driving modes: Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport Plus, and Race, plus an individually configurable mode
- AMG DYNAMICS
- AMG rear-axle limited-slip differential lock, electronically controlled
- AMG rear-axle steering
- AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with an adjustable damper system
- AMG Traction Control
- Cruise control with variable speed limiter
- Carbon-fibre torque tube
- ECO start/stop function
- Petrol particulate filter
- Adjustable compression and rebound of the damper Adjustable torsion bar made of lightweight carbon fibre
Technical Data of the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe
|Engine||V8, 32 Valves, Twin Turbocharger|
|Engine Capacity||3,982 cc|
|Max Output||585 hp (430 kW) / 6,250rpm|
|Max Torque||700 Nm / 2,100 – 5,500 rpm|
|Acceleration||3.6 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||318 km/h|
|Transmission||AMG Speedshift DCT 7-Speed Sports Automatic|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,551 mm x 2,075 mm x 1,284 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||75 L|
Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe!
“For the rest of us, the Pro is a race car with number plates, that does a great job of making regular people look and sound like they know what they are doing.”
Read the full review by CarAdvice
“… captured the hearts and imaginations of gearheads across the globe with its stunningly gorgeous looks and roaring V8 soundtracks.”
Read the full review by CARBUZZ
“Yes, the Pro oversteers easily and readily in the rain, but it does so gently without surprise.”
Read the full review by ROAD/SHOW
“As is, the Pro certainly feels very much at home on the track.”
Read the full review by AUTOEXPRESS
All-new Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe – now at VINCAR
History of Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe
The German automobile manufacturer Mercedes-AMG manufactured the Mercedes-AMG GT (C190 / R190) which is a grand tourer produced in coupé and roadster body styles. It was officially unveiled to the public in October 2014 at the Paris Motor Show but it was introduced on September 9, 2014.
In March 2015, the Mercedes-AMG GT was released in two versions (GT and GT S), with a GT3 racing variant following in 2016. In the same year, the GT R, a high-performance variant, was also introduced. A GT4 racing variant based on the GT R variant was introduced the next year, aimed at semi-professional drivers while the AMG GT Black Series is a new variant that was released recently. The Mercedes-Benz plant in Sindelfingen, Germany, assembles all variants.
In 2017, the Mercedes-AMG family received a facelift, which included the introduction of the GT C roadster variant and the Edition 50 model. It is also known as a limited-edition variant of the GT C. Increased power output from the M178 engine for the GT and GT S variants (10 kW and 9 kW, respectively) and the inclusion of the ‘Panamericana’ grille from the GT3, GT4, and GT R variants as standard equipment for all variants are among the highlights of the facelift.
The exterior design of the GT was kept similar to that of the SLS AMG before it. It has the same wide wheel arches, lower bodywork, and fastback sloping roofline as the SLS AMG, but instead of the iconic gullwing doors pioneered by the 300 SL in the 1950s, it has conventional forward-opening doors. The large bonnet and narrow windscreen have remained unchanged. The vehicle’s structure is made of 93 % aluminium, with a magnesium front module base. Mark Fetherston was the exterior lead designer, and his previous work includes the W176 A-Class, CLA-Class, and SLS AMG. Jan Kaul designed the interior, which includes a large centre console and leather and carbon polymer decorative elements.
The GT is a front-mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive vehicle with the engine housed within the wheelbase. Aluminum alloys make up the spaceframe chassis and body, while steel and magnesium make up the trunk lid and hood. The front and rear suspension systems are double wishbone units with forged aluminum wishbones and hub carriers.
A 4.0-litre M178 twin-turbocharged V8 engine powers the car. The engine is configured in a “hot inside V” configuration, with exhaust manifolds and turbochargers located inside the cylinder banks to reduce turbo lag, and it is lubricated with dry-sump lubricant. The GT S variant uses an electronically controlled mechanical limited-slip differential and a seven-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT dual-clutch transmission to send power to the rear wheels. The GT S accelerated from 0 to 97 km/h (60 mph) in 3.0 seconds, completed the quarter-mile in 11.2 seconds, and reached a top speed of 311 km/h in a road test conducted by Car and Driver (193 mph).
Part of the Mercedes-AMG GT lineup is the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe. This includes the Mercedes-AMG GT S, Mercedes-AMG GT C, Mercedes-AMG GT R, Mercedes-AMG GT, and GT C Roadster, Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupé, and Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series. The facelifted coupe Mercedes-AMG GT class was launched focusing on one of its most important markets in the US.
Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe FAQ
How many seats does the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe have?
The Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe has a 2 seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe have?
The Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe has a 3,982 cc engine capacity and a maximum output of 585 hp and 700 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe?
With an acceleration of 3.6 seconds (0-100 mph), its top speed is at 318 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe has a fuel tank capacity of 75 Litres and fuel consumption of 30L/100km with AMG Speedshift DCT 7-Speed Sports Automatic transmission.
Where can I view the Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Coupe?