A pinnacle of the G-wagon range, the new Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) arrives with excellent off-road capabilities, combined with modern luxuries and technologies that elevate your sense of adventure.
Experience a refined and responsive drive as it houses a V8 bi-turbo engine that produces a whopping 577 hp and 850 Nm of maximum torque. Coupled with an AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 9G-TRONIC transmission, it accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 4.5 seconds and reaches a top speed of 220 km/h.
With an even greater sense of style and excellence, the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) offers a high level of tailored driving pleasure, whether on- or off-road.
Special Features of the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)
AMG Performance Steering Wheel
An AMG-specific element in the cabin is the AMG Performance 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel, which offers a wide range of infotainment controls with a flattened underside.
This steering wheel also features 12 o’clock marking, touch control buttons, and silver-coloured aluminium gearshift paddles. It is covered in premium black Nappa leather and offers seamless ergonomics and optimal functionality.
Burmester Surround Sound System
A fun companion as you play your favourite song, Germany’s high-end Burmester is also legendary with its pure surround sound. Its high-performance speakers are capable of balancing seamlessly for ambient noise.
KEYLESS-GO Starting Function
The KEYLESS-GO starting function offers a seamless operation, allowing you to effortlessly unlock, start, and drive this luxury SUV.
By simply touching the door handles, it opens the door for you and locks it as soon as you are inside. Start the engine by stepping on the brake pedal and pushing the start/stop button located on the dash to start your journey.
22-inch AMG-forged Alloy Wheels
Practically stylish and rigid, the 22-inch AMG alloy wheels in cross-spoke design embody the rugged character of the G63 Magno Edition.
It matches the excellent performance of the SUV with its dynamic handling and firm launch grip. The matt black with a high-sheen finish indicates elegance and lasting high-quality performance.
MULTIBEAM LED Headlights
The MULTIBEAM LED headlamps illuminate the road with precise and controlled light distribution depending on different light conditions, taking the lighting system to a higher level.
These high-performance headlamps are exceptionally bright with an anti-dazzle feature to keep you and oncoming drivers safe on the road.
Handcrafted V8 Bi-turbo Engine
AMG produced a high output yet more compact engine for the new G63 Magno Edition. The 577-hp V8 Bi-turbo engine is more receptive than its larger predecessor and more fuel-efficient.
Its massive torque hits its peak of 850 Nm from 2,500 to 3,500 rpm, accelerating 0-100 km/h in 4.5 seconds and reaching a top speed of 220 km/h.
Interior of the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)
Classic Interior Design
Every corner displays the iconic look of the G63, especially with its AMG-specific IWC-design analogue clock combined with dual bonded 12.3-inch widescreen displays.
The illuminated AMG door sill panels in brushed stainless steel also match the classic look and comfort of the electrically adjustable front seats.
Touchpad with Controller
An intelligently designed touchpad and rotary knob in the centre console allows you to operate the touchscreen in the dashboard.
The position and setup of the touch screen offer you a convenient way to control everything in front of you, especially while driving.
Its high-tech multi-touch gestures provide you with a modern and playful way by touching, holding to zoom or swiping through the menus.
With the top-of-the-line COMAND Online, you can get to your destination quicker and in a more relaxed style. It makes use of the multimedia screen to display bigger and clearer graphics and voice recognition.
You can easily connect to WiFi and browse through the internet, make hands-free calls, and even integrate a smartphone through this system.
THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control
The latest THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control system offers separate temperature control that allows the driver and front passenger to enjoy individual comfort.
In addition to fully automatic or manual control of fan speed and airflow distribution, it also features dust and pollen filters that prevent particles down to five microns from entering the passenger compartment.
DAB Digital Radio Tuner
Showcasing a DAB digital radio tuner, Mercedes enables you to listen to your favourite digital radio stations using digital technology rather than analogue.
A DAB auto-tuner provides several advantages, such as a broader range of channels, exclusive digital content, and better sound quality while on the road.
Enhance your Mercedes-AMG experience with Mobile integration packages, adding easy access to your favourite mobile apps.
This feature also supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay, which are well suited to your daily digital routine. You can also improve in-cab entertainment by accessing third-party service providers such as Spotify.
Exterior of the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)
Giving the new G63 Magno Edition a straightforward personality, the AMG bodystyling includes a distinctive AMG-specific front apron with cooling air intakes, wheel arches in body colour, and red-painted brake callipers.
The iconic AMG-specific radiator grille with an AMG logo and the striking twin chromed tailpipes complements its stylish aura even at a standstill.
AMG Performance Exhaust System
Aside from adding to the G63 sporty character, the visible two twin-pipe exhaust system allows the vehicle to achieve its increased power performance. These tailpipes are trimmed in chrome to complement the car’s stylish design.
The electronically controlled glass sunroof allows passengers to enjoy a panoramic skyward view. This completely functioning sunroof provides greater airflow when it slides down into an open-air environment.
Making parking and manoeuvering more manageable and convenient with the integrated 360° camera that displays a broad realistic view of the surroundings.
It comes with four networked cameras showing the vehicle’s visualization, the surrounding area on the multimedia screen, and the obstacles below the window line.
Rain-sensing windshield wipers give you improved visibility, allowing you to concentrate on the road without thinking about any distractions.
These wipers guarantee your windshield is clear from drizzle and downpour and speed up depending on the rain detected.
Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
The Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) is a monitoring system that lets you drive confidently anytime.
It tracks the tire pressure and comes with an incorporated anti-lock braking system, which individually modifies the wheel’s speed when it senses slipping tyres, reinstating the car’s control.
Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) Specifications
- 12V sockets in the centre console, rear and load compartment
- Ambient lighting – 64 colours
- AMG door sill panels in brushed stainless steel, illuminated
- AMG instrument cluster with dual bonded 12.3” widescreen displays
- AMG-specific IWC-design analogue clock
- Ventilated Active multicontour massage front seats
- Automatically dimming rear-view mirror
- Bluetooth interface for hands-free telephony
- COMAND Online
- Frameless interior mirror
- Trim – black piano lacquer
- DAB digital radio tuner
- Front seats – electrically adjustable with memory function
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Burmester surround sound system
- Smartphone integration comprising Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control
- Touchpad with controller
- AMG Performance steering wheel in Nappa leather 3-spoke design, with the flattened bottom section, 12 o’clock marking and touch control buttons and silver-coloured aluminium gearshift paddles
- AMG bodystyling
- Exclusive Mercedes-AMG G 63 front aprons with cooling air intakes
- AMG flared wheel arches in vehicle colour
- AMG brake callipers painted red
- AMG-specific radiator grille with AMG logo
- Running boards
- AMG performance exhaust system – two chrome-trimmed twin tailpipes
- Bumpers painted in body colour, front & rear
- 360° camera
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- Differential locks (transfer case, front and rear axle)
- Electric sunroof
- Low range gear reduction
- MULTIBEAM LED headlights
- Parking-assistance PARKTRONIC
- Petrol particulate filter
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Taillights featuring LED technology
- Trailer coupling with ESP trailer stabilisation
- ‘V8 BITURBO’ lettering
- Four-wheel Electronic Traction System (4ETS)
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- ADAPTIVE BRAKE with HOLD function, Hill-Start Assist, priming and dry braking in the wet
- AMG high-performance braking system
- Driver and front passenger
- Front side
- Window bags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Brake Assist (BAS)
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Driving Assistance package
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Acceleration Skid Control (ASR)
- Headlamp Assist – automatic headlamp activation
- i-Size child seat attachment system for outer rear seats
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- AMG RIDE CONTROL suspension with DYNAMIC SELECT
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT 9G-TRONIC sports transmission with cruise control and variable speed limiter
- ECO start/stop function and four transmission modes: ‘C’ (Comfort), ‘S’ (Sport), S+ (Sport Plus) and ‘M’ (Manual)
- Low range gear reduction (electronically selectable while driving)
- Permanent four-wheel drive with three 100% locking differentials
- Steering column – electrically adjustable for rake and reach, with automatic adjustment for entry/exit
Additional Options (Included)
- AMG Night Package
- 22” AMG forged wheels – cross-spoke design, painted matt black with high-sheen rim flange
- Exterior mirror housings painted obsidian black
- Underguard painted in black
- Exterior protective strip with trim insert in black
- Spare wheel ring painted obsidian black
- Trim elements in the bumper painted obsidian black
- Designo Magno Exterior Paint
- AMG Exclusive Nappa Leather
Technical Data of the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)
|Engine Capacity||3,982 cc|
|Max Output||577 hp (430 kW) / 6,000 rpm|
|Max Torque||850 Nm / 2,500–3,500 rpm|
|Acceleration||4.5 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||220 km/h|
|Transmission||AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 9G-TRONIC|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,873 mm x 2,186 mm x 1,969 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||100L|
360 Tour of the new Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)
Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)!
Video Reviews of the new Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)
Mercedes G63 AMG Magno Edition 2021 | Review + Exhaust Sound!
History of Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)
The Mercedes-Benz G-wagon or the G-Class is a series of off-road vehicles that were developed back in the early 1970s. This four-wheel-drive vehicle is a well-built, user-friendly, competent and easy to transport vehicle.
The G-Wagon has now been around for almost forty years. Originally designed in the 1970s and 80s for celebrities, socialites and other elite groups, it is one of the most expensive vehicles in the world. In 1979, the first G-Wagon was introduced in Austria and was called the Puch G due to the partnership between Daimler, Steyr and Puch.
It grew in length and width, while ground clearance was increased by 6 mm. This completely new appearance was also shown on the upgraded variants such as the G63 AMG. The ladder-frame chassis provides a completely new driving experience, even though it has been used in the automotive industry for over forty years. The car has been given a new dimension of comfort and agility on and off the road.
This new model features a new V8 engine, paired with the latest AMG Speedshift Plus 9G-TRONIC transmission that sends all the power to the all-wheel-drive system.
In 2020, Germany is the largest market for the Mercedes-AMG G63, followed by the United States.
Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) FAQ
How many seats does the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) have?
The Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) has a five seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) have?
The Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) has a 3,982 cc engine capacity and has a maximum output of 577 hp and 850 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 4.5 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 220 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021) has a fuel tank capacity of 100 litres and fuel consumption of 14 mpg with AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 9G-TRONIC transmission.
Where can I view the Mercedes-AMG G63 Magno Edition (MY2021)?