Carrying the e:HEV badge and classic styling cues of the Japanese brand, the new Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater delivers a smooth ride and snappy acceleration in an electric vehicle.
This practical SUV fleet is propelled by a 4-cylinder inline DOHC engine, producing 145 PS and 175 Nm of maximum torque through a CVT transmission, while its hybrid system generates 184 PS and 315 Nm of torque.
With the most flexible cabin and family-friendly technologies, the new Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute remains a top-performing electric vehicle in its class, offering a remarkable driving experience, whether on short or long journeys.
Special Features of the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater
Honda Smart Key System
Flaunting the newest technology feature, the smart key system offers maximum convenience. It comes with two car keys and an auto door lock function that automatically locks the door as soon as you get off.
This system allows you to enter your car quickly by keeping your key fob inside your pocket or purse within 32-inches of the vehicle.
Gesture Power Sliding Door
The gesture power sliding door offers easy entry and exit of this eight-seater minivan as long as you keep your key fob from up to 5 cm away from the vehicle.
It uses touch sensors and automatically opens the doors for you for an effortless cargo loading and passenger entry. A pinch stop mechanism is also available to prevent passengers from being pinched when closing the doors.
Designed to assist you in getting most of the fuel economy, the ECO assist maximises your vehicle’s fuel efficiency.
This system aims to help drivers learn about fuel-efficient driving habits so they can develop an eco-friendly driving style.
60:40 Split Slide Second Row Seats
Courtesy of the 60:40 split slide seat function in the second-row seats, the new Honda Odyssey gets a big boost in terms of versatility.
These seats can slide front and back to make easy access to the third-row seats with a simple press of a button.
8-way Power Driver’s Seat
The driver’s seat on this eight-seater fleet comes with an 8-way power seat function that allows you to automatically adjust the seat’s height, sliding and reclining position.
It provides maximum comfort for avid travellers and accommodates the driver’s sitting preference.
Showcasing a pack of global safety features, the new Honda Odyssey comes with Honda SENSING that provides maximum protection to the vehicle occupants and other road users.
This feature detects and avoids situations such as one-car accidents, collisions, pedestrian injuries, and missed road signs, keeping your driving fun and safe at all times.
Interior of the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater
The new Odyssey e:HEV Absolute offers space for up to eight passengers and boasts high levels of practicality and functionality.
It features an 8-way power driver’s seat, 60:40 split side second-row seats and a 3-minute reclining third-row underfloor storage seat.
Genuine Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
Covered in smooth leather, the steering wheel completely blends in with the new Honda Odyssey’s classic and posh image.
It features a telescopic and tilting steering function that allows drivers to adjust the wheel in an up, down, towards and away from them.
3-minute Reclining Third Row Seats
Showcasing a versatile seating interior, the third-row seats feature a 3-minute reclining function to create more boot space.
With these last row seats down, the 2nd-row seats can now enjoy more legroom and come with a built-in spring for easy fold-out and return them into place.
Center Console Compartment
The centre console compartment is designed for exceptional usability and comfort that provides owners with extraordinary versatility for keeping important items close at hand.
It comes with a lift-up tray with a drink holder, enhancing convenience inside the cabin.
Highly functional and accessible, the multi-functional display is positioned to the right of the speedometer.
The multi-information display shows the ECO drive display, energy flow, elapsed time, fuel consumption history, outside temperature, average vehicle speed display function, etc.
It also displays important messages such as warnings and additional helpful information.
12V Accessory Socket
Located on the first and third row compartments, the 12V accessory socket provides convenience as it allows passengers to power portable devices such as tablets and phones.
These sockets come with a plastic cap tethered to them and labelled only for DC power as they are intended to withstand the heat produced by an electrical cigarette lighter.
Exterior of the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater
The new Odyssey exhibits refined designed cues that are set to charm onlookers from all of its angles.
It features a more imposing two-section grille paired with fuller LED headlamps and comes with a full set of 17-inch aluminium wheels with steel radial tires.
17-inch Aluminum Wheels
Vast and aggressive in appearance, the 17-inch aluminium wheels complete the overall look of this practical minivan as it comes with a steel radial tire.
These high-performance wheels are carefully tailored to withstand the minivan’s weight and enhance its overall driving performance.
Auto LED Headlights
The LED headlights on the Honda Odyssey come with an automatic function that helps drivers drive efficiently, especially at night or in inclement weather.
These headlamps automatically switch the high beams when they detect an oncoming vehicle and include daytime running lamps, making it easier for other road users to notice your presence on the road.
Idling Start/Stop System
Increasing fuel economy and decreasing emissions, the idle stop/start system is a low-cost way of turning off the internal combustion engine when the vehicle comes to a complete halt at a stop signal, during a stop, or when stalled in traffic.
The engine is then restarted when the driver is ready to proceed.
The EV switch is propelled solely by its electric motor and the lithium-ion battery pack. By pressing the EV switch on the centre console, it can be used for short distances and operates in the most fuel-efficient mode.
Multi-View Camera System
An innovative technology that helps you in parking, the multi-view camera enhances visibility in narrow driving conditions.
It supports your smooth parallel or garage parking, reduces blind spots, and even provides comfortable and safe driving on narrow roads.
Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater Specifications
- Telescopic & tilting steering wheel
- All-door one-touch power window
- 2nd row 6: 4 split slide seat (with centre armrest with drink holder)
- Vehicle speed automatic door lock
- Driver’s seat 8-way power seat (slide / reclining / height front / rear)
- Genuine leather-wrapped steering wheel (smooth leather)
- 1st-row armrest (angle adjustable)
- Third-row underfloor storage seat (3-minute reclining)
- Center console lift-up tray (with drink holder)
- Driver/passenger seatback pocket
- Soft pad panel (instrument panel)
- LED room lamp (1st-row seat & left and right independent spot lamp, left and right independent room lamp for 2nd row / 3rd-row seat)
- LED courtesy lamp (front)
- Luggage room lamp
- Sunglass box with mirror for indoor checking
- Glove box
- Anti-glare room mirror
- Grab rail (driver’s seat / passenger seat / 2nd row left / right / 3rd row left / right) & Coat hook (on the right side of the second row)
- Sun visor with vanity mirror for driver’s seat and passenger’s seat (with lighting)
- Center pillar grip
- Vanity mirror, ticket holder with sun visor (driver and front passenger)
- Multi-information display (ECO drive display)*5 / Energy flow *5 / Elapsed time / Fuel consumption history *5 / Outside temperature / Average vehicle speed display function, etc.)
- 6 speakers
- Accessory socket (DC 12 V) 1st row / 3rd row
- 17-inch aluminium wheels + Steel radial tire
- Front hydraulic ventilated disc / Rear hydraulic disc
- Auto LED headlight with DRL (high/low beam, auto levelling/auto light control mechanism)
- LED fog lights
- Sequential turning signal lamps (front/rear)
- Motion adaptive EPS
- Hill-start assist function
- Eco Assist (ECON mode, coaching function)
- Idling start/stop system (with OFF switch)
- EV Switch
- LED rear license lamp
- Electric Servo brake system
- Amplitude-sensitive damper
- Multi-View camera system
- Gesture control / power slide door (easy-open door handle / touch sensor / With pinch stop mechanism / sliding door / easy close)
- Honda SENSING
- Collision Mitigation Brake (CMBS)
- False start suppression function
- Backwards false start suppression function
- Pedestrian Accident reduction steering
- Off-road deviation suppression function
- Traffic congestion with follow-up function
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
- Lane-keeping support system (LKAS)
- Preceding vehicle start notification function
- Sign recognition function
- Electronically controlled parking brake
- Auto brake hold function
- Vehicle approach notification device
- i-SRS airbag system (front driver’s seat & passenger seat)
- i-side airbag system for 1st-row seat
- side curtain airbag system (1st to 3rd-row seat support)
- Emergency stop signal
- 1st-row headrest with front/rear control mechanism
- ABS with EBD (electronic control power distribution system)
- 1st-row seat 3-point pre-tensioner with load limiter ELR seat belt
- 1st-row seat adjustable seat belt shoulder anchor
- 2nd / 3rd-row seat 3-point ELR seat belt
- i-Size Child seat compatible ISOFIX lower mounting bracket + top tether mounting bracket (2nd row Left & Right)
- Security alarm
- Honda smart key system (auto door lock function when getting off / with 2 keys)
Technical Data of the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater
|Engine||4-cylinder inline DOHC|
|Engine Capacity||1,993 cc|
|Max Output||107 kW (145 PS)/ 6,000 rpm|
|Max Torque||175 Nm / 2,400 to 4,000 rpm|
|Hybrid Max Output||135 kW (184 PS) / 5,000 to 6,000 rpm|
|Hybrid Max Torque||315Nm / 0 – 2,000 rpm|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,855 mm x 1,820 mm x 1,695 mm|
|Battery Type||Lithium ion|
|Fuel Tank capacity||55l|
360 Tour of the new Honda Odyssey Absolute 8-Seater
Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater Reviews
Check out what others say about the new Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater!
“The Honda Odyssey is a great minivan that hits all the right notes.”
Read the full review by Cars
Video Reviews of the new Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater
2021 Honda Odyssey review: Better than the new Kia Carnival?
History of Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater
The Honda Odyssey is a minivan produced by Honda since 1994 and sold in most countries around the world. In Japan, it is currently in its fifth generation and was introduced to the international market in September 2013, which went on sale in October of the same year.
In November 2017, the eight-seat minivan received a minor facelift that included a new bumper and LED fog lights, as well as a number of driver assistance features. The Chinese market received the first facelift of the fifth-generation Odyssey in July 2018, with a new front end and bumper.
The fifth-generation Odyssey received a facelift in November 2020 and went on sale in Japan. It features new bumpers, a two-piece grille and headlights and taillights with a thin chrome strip running around them.
In Japan, the Honda Odyssey Absolute is the most expensive model, because it gets the new LED headlights and fog lights of the Civic and Accord. At the same time, the radiator grille is larger, giving the minivan a more aggressive look, especially when combined with the new bumper.
The Honda Odyssey Absolute was barely reached at the sides and rear. However, the sliding doors were modified and equipped with a futuristic feature that allows hands-free operation. It was built as a minivan and designed to appeal to mid-sized families looking for a compact van with a combination of practicality and family-friendly technologies.
The Honda Odyssey is available as a 7 or 8 seater and features Honda Sensing as standard to keep occupants extra safe on the road. It is also available as an e:HEV (hybrid) and a non-hybrid version. The non-hybrid version has an all-wheel drive, while the e:HEV has a front-wheel-drive only.
Since its launch, the Honda Odyssey has been sold mainly in Japan, with imports to China, Australia and Indonesia.
Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater FAQ
How many seats does the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater have?
The Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater has an eight seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater have?
The Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater has a 1,993 cc engine capacity and has a maximum output of 145 PS and 175 Nm of torque.
In what colours does the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater in?
The Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater is available in Premium Sparkle Black Pearl, Super Platinum Metallic, and Obsidian Blue Pearl.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater has a fuel tank capacity of 55 litres and fuel consumption of 20 km/L with a CVT transmission.
Where can I view the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 8-Seater?