The new Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater arrives with a great combination of elegant design and innovative technology. This family minivan gains major upgrades such as its more prominent curves and cutting-edge smart safety features, giving it a more distinctive look inside and out.
Powering the Odyssey e:HEV Absolute is a 4-cylinder inline DOHC engine that puts out 184 PS of hybrid maximum output and a hybrid maximum torque of 315 Nm. The new Odyssey also highlights the Honda Smart Key System, making your entry accessible and convenient.
The new Honda Odyssey e:HEV is a luxurious minivan that offers great comfortability and practicality, ready to take you on your family adventures.
Special Features of the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater
17-inch Aluminium Wheels
The 17-inch aluminium wheels of the new Honda Odyssey completes its vast and aggressive appearance.
These high-performance wheels are carefully tailored to withstand the minivan’s weight and adds up to its overall driving performance.
Gesture Power Sliding Door with Pinch Stop System
The gesture power sliding door offers easy entry and exit of this luxurious minivan to provide maximum convenience.
With your key fob from up to 50 feet away, the power sliding doors open wide for effortless cargo loading and passenger entry. It also features a pinch stop mechanism to keep from being pinched when closing the doors.
Telescopic & Tilting Steering Wheel
With the tilt and telescoping steering wheel, you can now drive with ease and comfort in mind. This feature offers you to adjust the steering wheel according to your liking.
The telescoping steering wheel allows you to move the wheel towards or away from you while the tilting steering wheel adjusts its height with an up and down motion.
Security Alarm System
The new Honda Odyssey comes equipped with a security alarm system that provides you with a high level of security.
This system protects your car from any unwanted theft. It will also alarm you if any doors are not properly closed.
Showcasing a pack of global safety features, the new Honda Odyssey comes with Honda SENSING.
Aiming to provide maximum protection, Honda tailored the Honda SENSING to protect not only the vehicle occupants but also the other road users.
This feature operates to detect and avoid situations such as one-car accidents, collisions, pedestrian injuries, and missed road signs. It provides your safety while keeping your driving fun.
Honda Smart Key System
Flaunting the newest technology feature, the smart key system offers maximum convenience when your hands are full of items.
Just by keeping your key fob inside your pocket or purse, the smart key system will help you enter your car quickly. As long as it is within 32-inches of the vehicle, this system works correctly.
Interior of the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater
High-class and Spacious Interior
The Honda Odyssey’s dashboard features premium textures, which reflects its meticulous standards.
This minivan offers a greater extent of luxury just for you, from the classy instrument panel down to the genuine leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Enjoy one of the most sophisticated comforts with its versatile seats that keeps you relaxed on a long adventure.
8-way Power Driver’s Seat
Driving with high-end comfort is the aim of the 8-way power adjustment as it provides you with a comfortable ride.
This feature accommodates your sitting preference through a lower cushion that tilts up and down to get your seat position right.
Genuine Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
Covered in genuine leather, the steering wheel completely blends in with the new Honda Odyssey’s classic and sophisticated image.
It features steering-wheel-mounted controls such as the audio system, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, and everything else on the Driver Information Interface.
These mounted controls allow you to operate them without taking your hands off the wheel and keep you focused on the road.
Third-row 3-minute Reclining Seats
Showcasing a versatile seating interior, the third-row seats feature a 3-minute reclining function to create more boot space. With these last row seats down, the 2nd-row seats can now enjoy more legroom.
You can now easily fold the rear seats and return them into place as it comes with a built-in spring.
i-SRS Airbag System
Honda’s i-SRS airbag system is its newest innovation to provide more protection when an unwanted collision occurs.
This airbag system deploys twice as quickly and protects the driver longer as the airbag is inflated with gas inside.
The gas is directed to the centre of the bag and promptly attains the pressure required to protect the diver.
It is also equipped with a gas release control valve, ensuring the gas is only released once the airbag is completely inflated.
Highly functional and accessible, the multi-functional display is positioned to the right of the speedometer.
The multi-information display shows the fuel gauge, odometer, trip meter, outside temperature and other gauges. It also displays important messages such as warnings and additional helpful information.
Exterior of the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater
Auto LED Headlight with Daytime Running Lamps
Showcasing a smart feature, the auto LED headlights help you in driving especially at night. These headlamps automatically switch the high beams when they detect an oncoming vehicle.
This feature also comes with daytime running lamps to make it easier for other road users to notice your presence on the road.
LED Fog Lights
Drive with ease when driving in bad weather conditions with the LED fog lights. These lights illuminate the road directly in front of a vehicle to provide safe driving when inclement weather occurs.
The LED fog lights also give off a sleeker, more modern and brighter light than the comparable halogen bulbs. These fog lights are also long-lasting, saving you money over the long haul.
Auto Brake Hold Function
Automatic brake hold maintains braking pressure when the driver applies the brakes, such as in stop-and-go traffic, and releases the brakes when the driver accelerates.
The automatic brake hold disables when the ignition is turned off. Through pressing the brake hold button it is reactivated each time the vehicle starts.
The multi-view camera system is an innovative technology that helps you in parking, enhancing visibility and avoiding contact in narrow driving conditions.
This feature uses multiple wide-angle CCD cameras which are displayed on the navigation screen. It supports your smooth parallel or garage parking, reduces blind spots and even provides comfortable and safe driving on narrow roads.
Designed to assist you in getting most of the fuel economy, the ECO assist maximizes your vehicle’s fuel efficiency. As the driving technique becomes more efficient, the colour shifts to green.
This system aims to help drivers learn about fuel-efficient driving habits so they can develop an eco-friendly driving style.
Motion Adaptive EPS
Honda has developed Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering, which provides more advanced technology. This feature assists drivers to avoid turning the wheel in the wrong direction during a skid.
If the driver is skidding and turning the wheel the wrong way, it will add resistance to the steering wheel and keep the passenger safe.
Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater Specifications
- Telescopic & tilting steering wheel
- All-door one-touch power window
- 2nd-row premium cradle seat (Ottoman / Bottle holder/angle adjustable armrests on both sides)
- Vehicle speed automatic door lock
- Driver’s seat 8-way power seat (slide / reclining / height front / rear)
- Genuine leather-wrapped steering wheel (smooth leather)
- 1st-row armrest (angle adjustable)
- Third-row underfloor storage seat (3-minute reclining)
- Center console lift-up tray (with drink holder)
- Driver/passenger seatback pocket
- Soft pad panel (instrument panel)
- LED room lamp (1st-row seat & left and right independent spot lamp, left and right independent room lamp for 2nd row / 3rd-row seat)
- LED courtesy lamp (front)
- Luggage room lamp
- Sunglass box with mirror for indoor checking
- Glove box
- Anti-glare room mirror
- Grab rail (driver’s seat / passenger seat / 2nd row left / right / 3rd row left / right) &Coat hook (on the right side of the second row)
- Sun visor with vanity mirror for driver’s seat and passenger’s seat (with lighting)
- Center pillar grip
- Vanity mirror, ticket holder with sun visor (driver and front passenger)
- Multi-information display (ECO drive display)*5 / Energy flow *5 / Elapsed time / Fuel consumption history *5 / Outside temperature / Average vehicle speed display function, etc.)
- 6 speakers
- Accessory socket (DC 12 V) 1st row / 3rd row
- 17-inch aluminium wheels + Steel radial tire
- Front hydraulic ventilated disc / Rear hydraulic disc
- Auto LED headlight with DRL (high/low beam, auto-levelling/auto light control mechanism)
- LED fog lights
- Sequential turning signal lamps (front/rear)
- Motion adaptive EPS
- Hill-start assist function
- Eco Assist (ECON mode, coaching function)
- Idling start/stop system (with OFF switch)
- EV Switch
- LED rear license lamp
- Electric Servo brake system
- Amplitude-sensitive damper
- Multi-View camera system
- Gesture control / power slide door (easy-open door handle / touch sensor / With pinch stop mechanism / sliding door / easy close)
- Honda SENSING
- Collision Mitigation Brake (CMBS)
- False start suppression function
- Backward false start suppression function
- Pedestrian Accident reduction steering
- Off-road deviation suppression function
- Traffic congestion with follow-up function
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
- Lane-keeping support system (LKAS)
- Preceding vehicle start notification function
- Sign recognition function
- Electronically controlled parking brake
- Auto brake hold function
- Vehicle approach notification device
- i-SRS airbag system (front driver’s seat & passenger seat) i-side airbag system for 1st-row seat side curtain airbag system (1st to 3rd-row seat support)
- Emergency stop signal
- 1st-row headrest with front/rear control mechanism
- ABS with EBD (electronic control power distribution system)
- 1st-row seat 3-point pre-tensioner with load limiter ELR seat belt
- 1st-row seat adjustable seat belt shoulder anchor
- 2nd / 3rd-row seat 3-point ELR seatbelt
- i-Size Child seat compatible ISOFIX lower mounting bracket + top tether mounting bracket (2nd row Left & Right)
- Security alarm
- Honda smart key system (auto door lock function when getting off / with 2 keys)
Technical Data of the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater
|Engine||4-cylinder inline DOHC|
|Engine Capacity||1,993 cc|
|Max Output||107 kW (145 PS )/ 6,000 rpm|
|Max Torque||175 Nm / 2,400 to 4,000 rpm|
|Hybrid Max Output||135 kW (184 PS) / 5,000 to 6,000 rpm|
|Hybrid Max Torque||315Nm / 0 – 2,000 rpm|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,855 mm x 1,820 mm x 1,695 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||55L|
360 Tour of the new Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater
History of Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater
The Honda Odyssey is a minivan produced by Honda since 1994 and sold in most of the world. It is currently in its fifth generation in Japan. The fifth-generation Odyssey was introduced to the international market on September 26, 2013, and went on sale in October of that year. On November 16, 2017, this minivan got a minor facelift, including a new bumper and LED fog lights. Honda also updated it with a number of driver-assistance features. In July 2018, the Chinese market received the first facelift of the fifth-generation Odyssey, which updated the front end with a new front bumper.
The fifth-generation Odyssey received a facelift in November 2020, and it went on sale in Japan. It has new bumpers, a two-piece grille, and headlamps and taillamps with a thin chrome bar running around them. In Japan, the Honda Odyssey Absolute is the most expensive model. It gets the Civic and Accord’s new LED headlights and foglights. Meanwhile, the grille is larger, giving the minivan a more aggressive appearance, particularly when combined with the new bumper. The Honda Odyssey Absolute was scarcely reached on the sides and back. However, the sliding doors have been modified to include a futuristic feature that allows for hands-free operation. A foot sensor is also mounted at the tailgate to make loading and unloading products easier.
Inside, the changes to the cabin are quite extensive. Honda has given the Odyssey Absolute an evident tri-level design dashboard. The interior also receives a 7.0-inch infotainment display replacing the 3.5-inch on the previous model. A more modern-looking unit replaces the centre dial. Honda also used new material lines on the rest of the dashboard.
The Honda Odyssey is available in 7 or 8-seater configurations with a Honda Sensing standard to keep occupants extra safe on the road. It is also known as an e:HEV (hybrid) and non-hybrid version. The non-hybrid version uses an all-wheel-drive system, while the e:HEV is strictly front-wheel-drive only.
Since its introduction, the Honda Odyssey has been primarily sold in Japan, with imports to China, Australia, and Indonesia.
Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater FAQ
How many seats does the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater have?
The Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater has a seven seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater have?
The Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater has a 1,993 cc engine capacity and a hybrid maximum output of 184 PS PS and 315Nm of hybrid maximum torque.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater has a fuel tank capacity of 55-litres and fuel consumption of 20 km/L with CVT transmission.
In what colours is the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater available?
The Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater is available in Premium Sparkle Black Pearl and Obsidian Blue Pearl.
Where can I view the Honda Odyssey e:HEV Absolute 7-Seater?