Sporting its edgy styling, impressive off-road capabilities and physics-defying acceleration, the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 comprehensively redefined its range while largely retaining the G-Class’ core character.
A reliable V8 bi-turbo engine powers this five-door G-wagon, seamlessly producing a whopping 577 horsepower and 850 Nm of maximum torque, paired with an AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 9G-TRONIC transmission. From zero to 100 km/h, it sprints in just 4.5 seconds with a top speed of 220 km/h. Inside, it features well-ventilated front seats with a massage function for relaxed and comfortable off-road driving.
With a combination of pure comfort and top-level functionalities, the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 is unmistakably a credible reinvention of a Mercedes icon.
Special Features of the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63
AMG Instrument Panel
Located directly in front of the driver, the 12.3-inch digital gauge serves as the AMG instrument panel that comes with customisable displays for AMG-design instrumentation and a large multifunction menu screen.
It has illustrated and animated menus for performance criteria, vehicle information, settings and driver-assistance features.
Multi-contour Massage Front Seats
Top-level on and off-road comfort is evident as the new G63 comes equipped with ventilated active multi-contour massage front seats.
This feature offers maximum comfort by automatically adjusting the seats for lumbar, side and shoulder supports.
It comes with eight massage programs that soothe and relax your back and shoulders and includes three levels of heating and cooling ventilation.
Touchpad with Controller
Showcasing a new level of innovation, this genuine off-roader is equipped with an intuitive touchpad on the centre console. It responds to a variety of finger motions such as swipe, pinch and even handwriting.
AMG Night Package
The 2021 unit expresses its sporty character through the AMG Night Package that complements its overall dynamic design.
This package gives the retro-flavoured turn signals a black tint and applies an Obsidian Black finish on the exterior mirror housings and on the outer ring of the mounted spare wheel at the back.
Some elements such as the underguard, exterior protective strip with trim insert are all painted in Black.
AMG-specific Radiator Grille
Paying homage to the rich racing heritage of AMG, this five-door G-wagon exudes dynamism and athleticism courtesy of the AMG-specific radiator grille.
The signature vertical chrome grille bars are combined with an AMG logo and a huge star emblem for an added sporty aura even at a standstill.
The DYNAMIC SELECT allows you to vary the vehicle’s performance that suits every driving situation and road surface.
It comes with four transmission modes namely ‘C’ (Comfort), ‘S’ (Sport), ‘S+’ (Sport Plus) and ‘M’ (Manual). These drive modes alter the throttle response, suspension settings, steering feel, and gear shifting characteristics.
Interior of the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63
Exquisitely Modern Cabin
Showcasing a new era of comfort, convenience, and connectivity, the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 integrates fine and delicate equipment while continuing the rich tradition of careful craftsmanship.
The wide dashboard is equipped with vivid 12.3-inches widescreen displays and turbine-style air vents, along with the signature controls for the three differential locks.
While the centre console offers a sense of intuitiveness through the touchpad, the spacious and sumptuous seats allow five adults to enjoy increased elbow and shoulder room.
64-colour Ambient Lighting
Giving you a soothing ambience inside the cabin is the task of the 64-colour ambient lighting as it features a network of LEDs that allows you to automatically change them depending on your preferences.
It also exhibits four cabin zones, adjustable brightness, and numerous programs, letting you adapt the atmosphere with two or five colours all at once, and even with a dynamic mode that slowly changes the colours as you drive.
THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control
The THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control ensures a constant feel-good inside the vehicle.
It uses sensors that ventilate the intensity and air distribution according to the settings and continuously adapt to the current conditions.
This feature also comes equipped with an integral particulate filter for blocking out pollen and dust.
AMG Performance Steering Wheel
Covered in Nappa leather, the AMG Performance steering wheel features a 3-spoke design with a flattened bottom section, 12 o’clock marking, touch control buttons and silver-coloured aluminium gearshift paddles.
This steering wheel also comes with a large, perforated side grip with raised thumb rests to make steering easy and comfortable.
Rear Bench Seat
Experience a new level of versatility as the new G63 comes equipped with a rear bench seat that includes a vertically adjustable headrest and a three-point seat belt with a belt force limiter.
You can also fold them down in ⅓, ⅔, or full fold down for additional cargo space.
Burmester Surround Sound System
With 15 high-quality speakers and a 590-watt, 10-channel amplifier, the Burmester surround system fills the cabin with a pure soundstage while seamlessly compensating for ambient noise.
Its exquisitely detailed aluminium speaker grilles are even elegant as to its sound quality production.
Exterior of the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63
The 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 comes equipped with a visible muscle that exudes its all-around capability courtesy of the AMG-tuned bumpers which feature chrome trim elements that are designed to flow into the AMG fender flares.
It also comes with large, functional mesh intakes in the front apron, feeding vital air to the engine, intercoolers, and cooling systems for the engine and transmission oil.
Each front door’s segment consists of AMG logos and black finish side strips.
AMG Performance Exhaust System
Showcasing its performance powers, this five-door G-wagon emits its signature sound through a meticulously tuned AMG Performance exhaust system with two chrome-trimmed twin tailpipes.
These twin tailpipes deliver a throaty growl during revs and gear changes, and a mellow baritone in highway cruising.
MULTIBEAM LED Headlights
The multibeam LED headlights calculate the ideal light image in milliseconds and illuminate the road surface precisely and brightly.
It also comes with an adaptive high beam assist plus that switches off 18 LEDs of the headlamp individually.
This top-of-the-range lighting performance boosts safety levels as it is equipped with light colour similar to daylight, easy on the eyes to help you maintain concentration and prevents dazzling other road users.
Enjoy a pleasant flow of fresh air with no draughts with the equipped electric sunroof. It allows more light and air into the vehicle and lends a brighter ambience inside the cabin even when it is closed and especially when it is opened.
22-inch AMG Forged Wheels
Bringing a race car-inspired design, the 22-inch AMG forged wheels has a cross-spoke design and is finished with matt black and high-sheen rim flange.
These supersized wheels give the vehicle an aggressive aura as it includes precision construction including the rear-mounted spare wheel.
Driving Assistance Package
With the aim to reduce unwanted accidents and protection of occupants, it comes equipped with the latest driver-assistance systems.
The safety package assists you in any driving situation through speed adjustment, steering, lane changes, and even in a potential collision for a safe and relaxed journey.
2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 Specifications
- 12V sockets in the centre console, rear and load compartment
- Ambient lighting – 64 colours
- AMG door sill panels in brushed stainless steel, illuminated
- AMG instrument cluster with dual bonded 12.3” widescreen displays
- AMG-specific IWC-design analogue clock
- Ventilated Active multi-contour massage front seats
- Automatically dimming rear-view mirror
- Bluetooth interface for hands-free telephony
- COMAND Online
- Frameless interior mirror
- Trim – black piano lacquer
- DAB digital radio tuner
- Front seats – electrically adjustable with memory function
- KEYLESS-GO starting function
- Burmester surround sound system
- Smartphone integration comprising Apple CarPlayTM and Android Auto
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control
- Touchpad with controller
- AMG Performance steering wheel in Nappa leather 3-spoke design, with flattened bottom section, 12 o’clock marking and touch control buttons and silver-coloured aluminium gearshift paddles
- AMG bodystyling
- Exclusive Mercedes-AMG G 63 front aprons with cooling air intakes
- AMG flared wheel arches in vehicle colour
- AMG brake calipers, painted red
- AMG-specific radiator grille with AMG logo
- Running boards
- AMG performance exhaust system – two chrome-trimmed twin tailpipes
- Bumpers painted in body colour, front & rear
- 360° camera
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- Differential locks (transfer case, front and rear axle)
- Electric sunroof
- Low range gear reduction
- MULTIBEAM LED headlights
- Parking-assistance PARKTRONIC
- Petrol particulate filter
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Taillights featuring LED technology
- Trailer coupling with ESP trailer stabilisation
- ‘V8 BITURBO’ lettering
- Four-wheel Electronic Traction System (4ETS)
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- ADAPTIVE BRAKE with HOLD function, Hill-Start Assist, priming and dry braking in the wet
- AMG high-performance braking system
- Driver and front passenger
- Front side
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Brake Assist (BAS)
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Driving Assistance package
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Acceleration Skid Control (ASR)
- Headlamp Assist – automatic headlamp activation
- i-Size child seat attachment system for outer rear seats
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- AMG RIDE CONTROL suspension with DYNAMIC SELECT
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT 9G-TRONIC sports transmission with cruise control and variable speed limiter
- ECO start/stop function and four transmission modes: ‘C’ (Comfort), ‘S’ (Sport), S+ (Sport Plus) and ‘M’ (Manual)
- Low range gear reduction (electronically selectable while driving)
- Permanent four-wheel drive with three 100% locking differentials
- Steering column – electrically adjustable for rake and reach, with automatic adjustment for entry/exit
- AMG Night Package
- 22” AMG forged wheels – cross-spoke design, painted matt black with high-sheen rim flange
- Exterior mirror housings painted obsidian black
- Underguard painted in black
- Exterior protective strip with trim insert in black
- Spare wheel ring painted obsidian black
- Trim elements in the bumper painted obsidian black
Technical Data of the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63
|Engine Capacity||3,982 cc|
|Max Output||577 hp (430 kW) / 6,000 rpm|
|Max Torque||850 Nm / 2,500–3,500 rpm|
|Acceleration||4.5 s (0-100km/h)|
|Top Speed||220 km/h|
|Transmission||AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 9G-TRONIC|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||4,873 mm x 2,186 mm x 1,969 mm|
|Fuel Tank capacity||100L|
variants of mercedes-amg g63
2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 Reviews
Check out what others say about the new 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63!
“…the G63 is a credible reinvention of a Mercedes icon.”
Read the full review by Autocar UK
“It’s an extraordinarily versatile car…”
Read the full review by Carmagazine UK
Video Reviews of the new 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63
The New Mercedes AMG G63 G Class 2021 Test Drive
2021 NEW Mercedes G63 AMG | Sound COMAND G Class AMG FULL REVIEW Interior Exterior
2021 Mercedes G63 AMG – Revs + Walkaround in 4k
Mercedes G63 AMG in-depth Review! The most aggressive SUV yet! Car Reels | Episode 11
History of 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63
The Mercedes-Benz G-wagon or G-Class is a series of off-road vehicles that was conceived back in the early 1970s. This four-wheel-drive vehicle is a well-built, user-friendly, competent and easy to transport vehicle.
The G-Wagon has now been around for almost forty years. Originally designed for celebrities, socialites and other elite groups in the 1970s and 80s, it is one of the most expensive vehicles in the world. In 1979, the very first G-Wagon was introduced in Austria and was called the Puch G as a result of the partnership between Daimler, Steyr and Puch.
It grew in length and width, while the ground clearance was increased by 6 mm. This all-new makeover was also shown on upgraded variants such as the G400d, G500 and the G63 AMG. Its ladder-frame chassis provides a completely different driving experience, even though it has been used in the automotive industry for over forty years. The car has been given a new dimension of comfort and agility on or off the road.
This new model features a new twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine, paired with the latest AMG Speedshift Plus 9G-TRONIC transmission that sends all that power to the all-wheel-drive system.
In 2020, Germany is the largest market for the Mercedes-AMG G63, followed by the United States.
2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 FAQ
How many seats does the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 have?
The 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 has a five seating capacity.
How many cc/power does the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 have?
The 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 has a 3,982 cc engine capacity and has a maximum output of 577 hp and 850 Nm of torque.
What is the top speed of the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63?
With an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in 4.5 seconds, it can reach the top speed of 220 km/h.
What is its fuel efficiency?
The 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63 has a fuel tank capacity of 100-litres and fuel consumption of 14 mpg with AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 9G-TRONIC transmission.
Where can I view the 2021 Mercedes-AMG G63?