Porsche’s first purely electrically-propelled sports car, the Taycan, is about to finish its final test drives before it enters series production.
Arguably, the most eagerly anticipated new car the world has seen in recent years will be launch in September!
Some key facts about the testing!
– Overall distance covered: Approximately six million kilometers, of which two million were endurance run kilometers
– Countries: Total of 30 including the USA, China, the UAE and Finland
– Temperatures: From minus 35 to plus 50 degrees Celsius
– Air humidity: From 20 to 100 percent
– Altitude: From 85m below to 3000m above sea level
– Charging cycles: Over 100,000 using various charging technologies across the globe
Across the world, there are already more than 20,000 serious prospective buyers who have made a down payment.
The Taycan accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in under 3.5 seconds. It has a range of more than 500km (according to the NEDC). The 800-volt architecture guarantees that the lithium-ion battery can be recharged in just four minutes, providing enough energy to drive 100km.